3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Don't know if I'm making a mistake....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on your new big red CTD. Awesome price too. HeHeHe, D. Wiggs, that is funny. I really appreciate it, one of my former bikes(I crashed it) plate was HOOLIGAN. I wish I had a pic of it laying in the road with the plate showing. THUGGISH - - makes me want to go ahead and get a locomotive air horn put on my truck.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:39 AM

My big Mega cab auto is a mustang killer with the Superchips. Talk about a sleeper. Nothing better than punching it at city speeds and lighting up the rear tires. People sure do turn their heads then!!!!!!!!! Just hoping they don't someday turn their heads and see tranny parts flying!
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 AM

When it comes to the vehicle that makes YOU happy, NEVER give in to your wife.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:40 PM

Thanks for all the support. I will be leaving this one stock (for a while). I'm a little scared to throw more power at this tranny in its stock form. I had a chip on my 2004.5, but that was largely for MPG gains (I'm not into hotrodding my truck).

My first order of business will be air intake, exhaust, tint the windows and a new set of tires. Beyond that, who knows.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlueDodge
MSRP on my truck was $46K and some change. Negotiated price down to $36500. Then I had a choice to make. They offered $4000 in rebate on top of the negotiated $36500 price, or 0% financing for 60 months.
Was the $36500 including trade or that was how much the dealer came down off the 46K?

I just went shopping last weekend and the best I could do on a 43.4k SLT quad 4x4 was 1800 below invoice putting it at about 36.7k before TTL. I had two diff dealers stop at about this price. They were starting to get angry trying to go lower. So I pretty much said your loss, you got my number and walked out. If they could have done ~10k off sticker and 0% I would have signed, which is what I told them when I walked in. The first place, I actually walked out right away. They kept thinking I was asking for both incentive offers. I kept having to clarify, I am not even talking about the incentives yet, that's from DC, I'm just working with you guys.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:12 AM

I am considering an 08 mega cab. 350 hp and 650 ft/lbs. Also the 6 speed auto would be nice. The new emissions don't scare me. My biggest reason for wanting a new truck beside the megacab is i love the new navigation radio.

6 disc changer, Navigation, built in sirius, input for backup camera (i think) Steering wheel controls, and uconnect.
Why can't i have all that on my 05?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by rjg23
Was the $36500 including trade or that was how much the dealer came down off the 46K?

I just went shopping last weekend and the best I could do on a 43.4k SLT quad 4x4 was 1800 below invoice putting it at about 36.7k before TTL. I had two diff dealers stop at about this price. They were starting to get angry trying to go lower. So I pretty much said your loss, you got my number and walked out. If they could have done ~10k off sticker and 0% I would have signed, which is what I told them when I walked in. The first place, I actually walked out right away. They kept thinking I was asking for both incentive offers. I kept having to clarify, I am not even talking about the incentives yet, that's from DC, I'm just working with you guys.
Actually it was close to $36K even. And yes it included my trade in for my 2004 4x4 QC. Since my employer is an a member of the Alliance Program for DCX I got Alliance Program discount. I can't remember the breakdown, but it came to something like this

$46250 MSRP
- 5000 Alliance discount
- 4000 Trade in equity
- 500 State Fair Rebate
- 500 ?? Rebate (Couldn't remember what this one was)
= $36,250

So $36,250 was the basis, and I had to option to apply an additional $4000 worth of DCX rebates or the 0% interest.

Since the Alliance member price was set (1% under invoice), there really was no negotiation on the price of the MegaCab. It was either a take it or leave it at the Alliance price. So the real negotiations on this deal focused on my trade in value. In the end I got them to buy my trade in at $4k over what I owed on it. I was really happy with this, because the truck is only 2yr old and most of the time, its depreciated value is less than what you owe on it.

On my last truck, (2004.5 Dodge QC 4x4 CTD) MSRP for $38K and I bought it for $29K. You should be able to get $8k - $10K off MSRP on a new Dodge. That's not the case with Ford or Chevy. My buddy just bought a new Chevy Duramax and got all excited because his MSRP for $47K and he bought it for $41K. The reason I drive a Dodge is because I have found Dodge dealers to be more willing to negotiate on the price
Old 11-03-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Hercules130
I am considering an 08 mega cab. 350 hp and 650 ft/lbs. Also the 6 speed auto would be nice. The new emissions don't scare me. My biggest reason for wanting a new truck beside the megacab is i love the new navigation radio.

6 disc changer, Navigation, built in sirius, input for backup camera (i think) Steering wheel controls, and uconnect.
Why can't i have all that on my 05?

Hercules, I considered waiting for the new 2007.5 trucks. Its not the new 6.7L engine that excites me, but rather the new 6spd auto transmission (especially after driving with this auto for a week). I know that Cummins will do a good job on the engine. But I view the step up from a 4spd Automatic tranny to a 6spd auto tranny more significant than I view the step up from 5.9L to 6.7L. I can add a chip and get me to 350hp/650tq, but I can't add a chip that will give me 2 more gears in my tranny. (Overdrive unites excluded).

However, its not the emissions stuff that is turning me away from the 2007.5 trucks, its the price. I've heard/read that the new emissions stuff is going to place an addition $4k-5K on top of the existing prices. So for me, the new price pushes the new trucks out of my range and pushes me towards buying a 2006.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:10 PM

The 0% interest got me too! I drove my '04 duramax short cab, long bed 4x4 LS and ended up with my '06 4x4 Laramie 3500. I went from a 6 speed manual to an auto too, and you're right...is a lot different, but I love my cummins and love my new truck.

I was also concerned with the new cummins engine, not that IT will have problems, but just the compatibility bugs that will probably come with the new marriage...the 5.9s are tried and tested.

I think we both made the right decision. Can't wait to get it broke in enought to hook up the 5er. Good luck and congrats on your new cummins.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:45 PM

I myself hope to be picking up a mege-cab next week. How much is the smarty and where is the best place to buy it? Thanks.

I hope they have 0% here. I've been riding threw the local lot here in Carolina and they have 1.9 marked on the window.