3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dealer dented my truck...New bed???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer dented my truck...New bed???

When I dropped off my truck to have the driveshaft carrier bearing replaced, the service writer smacked the bed of my truck into the garage door. They sent it to the body shop for repair. When it came back, I could still see the dent. So, they are sending it back to the shop again.

It only has 16,000 miles on it and I don't want to make monthly payments on a bondo bucket. What are my chances of getting a new bed for my truck?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:45 PM

I thought I was having a bad day see my rhino lining post I wuold try for a new bed rather getting Bondod all up
Old 04-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Banned

I'm not sure how bad or where they smashed it, but any good body shop should be able to get it out with a very minimal amount of mud. Personally, though, I would be hammering them for a new bed. If you don't get the results you expect from the GM or the owner of the *********** just find out who their insurance company is and have your insurance company file a claim against them. Your insurance company has attornies that are paid ridivulous amounts of $$$ just for situations like this. Oh, take more pictures than you could ever imagine necessary. Pictures from all angles, picture of the spot that they hit, get details like weather, who exactly was driving it at the time of the incident..... Your argument must remain constant that you want the truck back "exactly" the way it was when you brought it in! That doesn't just mean cosmetics. It means everything. You should suffer no loss because of their error. Sorry to be so rotten, but it's business not personal.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by smokindog
Sorry to be so rotten, but it's business not personal.
That's the best argument to pursue this I've ever heard. They would do it to you in a minute if you went in there with a fueling box on your truck and an injector had shot craps on you.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:52 AM

Well, I went through a situation once when my old truck was hit in the rear door, with the snow blade from another truck, while parked. The driver was honest enough to leave a note.

The damage slashed open the sheet metal on the door. The other guys insurance was only willing to pay for a door skin. The body shop owner admitted to me that while he certainly could repair the damage, it would not be as good as a new door.

I pointed out to the insurance company that my truck had been parked without a hole in its door. Therefore, they owed me a new door, without a hole.

After a couple of weeks arguing, and me threating them with legal action at the State Insurance Commission level (insurer bill of rights) they put a new door on.

Personally, I would go for the new bed! Good luck and I hope it works to your favor!
Old 04-23-2005, 04:27 AM

Go for a new bed, tell them you have contacted our insurance company and your attorney. (or threaten to!).

What was wrong with your carrier bearing? Why would they have to take the bed off????
Old 04-23-2005, 03:02 PM

if i read it right they didnt tak ethe bed off, they ran the truck into the door.