3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Dash Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Lights

The lights behind the a/c controls are out on my 06 Mega. Are these lights LED or regular bulbs? Can they be replaced or are they buildt into a replacment a/c control module? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM

I just took mine in for the same thing and they ordered a replacement a/c control module which is in back order. I am also replacing the overhead trip computer for the same. All covered under warranty but also in back order.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Soot For Brains!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tlloyd
The lights behind the a/c controls are out on my 06 Mega. Are these lights LED or regular bulbs? Can they be replaced or are they buildt into a replacment a/c control module? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Id like to know this as well
Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 AM

is this something I can replace myself or do I need to take in, have the same problem with lights out behind the heater/ac ****.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:27 AM

I have replaced my climate control lights. To get to them it is a little chore in itself. Depending on if you have a manual or automatic but the process is pretty close to the same. The light bulbs are avaiable at your Chrysler dealer can't remember the price per bulb but not too much. You have to remove all the plastic sections. You do not need to replace your a/c module just the bulbs and a little tedious work. PM me for more details.
Ray
Old 12-22-2010, 10:55 AM

The dash light part number is 1-05013815AA call dealer or parts house for availability. I had to get them through a Dodge/ Chrysler dealer. Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Reelay
I have replaced my climate control lights. To get to them it is a little chore in itself. Depending on if you have a manual or automatic but the process is pretty close to the same. The light bulbs are avaiable at your Chrysler dealer can't remember the price per bulb but not too much. You have to remove all the plastic sections. You do not need to replace your a/c module just the bulbs and a little tedious work. PM me for more details.
Ray
I would like to PM you, since I too have the same question. SO, would you be able to give us direction on this thread instead? It would hep more

Thanks!
Joe
Old 12-22-2010, 11:00 PM

On my 2006 Dodge {see signature} my lights were burned out and created a big problem for night driving. I tried to figure out how to get to the bulbs. I went to a body shop and had them look up the removal of the plastic modules to get to the bulbs but they had no instructions anywhere of how to remove them. I found out from another web site how to remove them.
I have a manual tranny so I had to work around the shifter. I first removed the rubber piece that forms the cup holders I grabed it and pulled it out. If you have electric shift 4 x4 you also have to pull that rubber pocket out to get to the screws. The boots have tabs around the base so just grab and pull them loose. There is a split so you can remove the piece with shifter in place.
The radio stays in, but the whole radio bezel comes out with vents, cig lighters, and cubbies. It just has tabs that hold it in. There are two screws that go in the bottom and go straight up. Then just grab it by a side and pull.
My covers were in real tight as they hadn't been removed before a little prying with a plastic removal tool helped or use a screw driver with some tape on it for scratch protection.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:09 AM

Thanks many, I stopped at dealer yesterday and picked up the bulbs $2.47 a piece and plan on doing it next week when I have off.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 AM

If you run into any problems give me a chime. Take your time and you will do just fine and save yourself some dollars as opposed to having a shop do it. It is really simple once you do it. Some people leave the two bottom screws out for future replacements {You'll see what I mean once you get it apart} Myself I reinstalled them don't want any unneccessary rattles.
We will be gone until the 29th of Dec. I will get back to you then if you have any questions that I can answer. So to all of you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Regards, Ray
Old 12-28-2010, 07:09 PM

all done, took me ten minutes, easier than it sounds or looks, thats for all the info.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 AM

Good job you saved you some bucks!