3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

CTD vs. Toyota Tundra Tug-of-War?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you spin all four wheels or does it do a peg leg. I have seen video's of Tundras beating hemis but the hemi trucks always did a pegleg burn out. I would like to try one with my limited slip hemi truck. From what I have seen the Tundras use more gas then the hemis. I get 17.5 mpg and run a 14.5 sec quarter mile in a 6,000 lb hemi truck, I don't take any shiat from Tundras. My cousin bought a loaded Tundra. After driving it, I think it's a piece of crap. Nose heavy, poor handeling , trannie shifts up an down all the time, dash looks like crap, less room than the Ram, and it trys to look like a Ram but its fugly.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:07 AM

It's not if you're going to pull him every time, it's how far you're going to pull him. You've gotten a lot of sound advise from the best in the business. Time to get the camera out, hook up, and drag him to Vegas.

Forget the $1500, this should be on 'Pinks'!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 AM

video video video video!!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make this guy cry!

can't wait to see this....

may end up like this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmofb...%20war%20dodge

or maybe this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDWY...%20war%20dodge
Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by PRO-NRA

My son will be back in town Sunday morning with a digital video and still cameras to document hopefully his defeat and my victory. I told him he will be here or else? He is an expert on posting videos on the net.

Did I forget anything?

J.
You sure did! Where and when in Sacramento? Maybe some of your DTR buddies could show up and watch this in person....
Old 10-13-2007, 02:00 PM

kick the crap out of him!!!! PLEASE GET THE VIDEO!!!! you go this one no swest
Old 10-13-2007, 02:19 PM

Drag him round and smack him down! Git er done!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:46 PM

I have some very good news and some not so good news. The good news is I am $1,000 richer going towards a SB DD clutch and my buddy is $500 richer.

This morning I was at Home Depot loading 50 bags of top soil by myself into my truck when my buddy called. He said the kid want to tug right now because he can not do it tomorrow due to a gulf tourney or something up at some exclusive club in Lake Tahoe/Reno area. I told him to meet me at that road we agreed the other day in 30 minutes. Man I had sweat running down my forehead and my back was hurting from loading up 30 bags of top soil. I told the lady that I will be back for the other twenty later this afternoon.

Well I showed up and there his rich a** wearing a fancy Rolex with his new shiny Tundra Crew Max and two of his rich friends. My buddy managed to borrow a heavy strap about 12ft long. I switched the transfer case selector to 4L and made sure the transfer case engaged before I backed into his rear and my buddy did the hook up. The height of the hitch were about the same.

Smarty SW #3. I shifted into 1st and we took up the slack. I stood on the brake rev it up to about 1K RPM, my buddy said “go” and he hit the gas. My truck did not go anywhere. It just moved about two inches. I could hear his engine begging for mercy. I slowly released the clutch till I felt it engaging a little then slowly releasing the brake and clutch till totally engaged and gassed up to 1,600 RPM (the footwork my budy and I practiced yesterday). I did not notice any movement of the vehicles since I was busy watching the RPM and other engine vitals and when I looked outside the truck I could tell I was moving forward and his truck was ever so slowly moving with me. I could not believe how easy it was to pull his truck. By this time his tires were smoking and engine revving to a very high RPM and was louder than my Cummins. I kept it at about 1,600 RPM till we were about 50 yards from were we started. I won round one without a sweat.

Since the agreement was the best of three tugs, I made him feel good by giving him the second pull knowing I can pull him all the way to San Francisco bay. The third pull I dragged him to the next street corner. My buddy came over shook both our hand, I shook his and my buddy gave me the $3K in cash. Drove home and unloaded the 30 bags of top soil and went back to Home Depot and got the other 20 bags. I will give my buddy’s $1K back tonight. This was the easiest $1K I’ve made.

The bas news is my son is still in LA with both cameras as he was not scheduled to arrive till tomorrow morning...****! Sorry no vids or pics this time.

This kid just can’t get enough and he said he wants a rematch after “I do some modification”. I’m not sure what kind of mods you can do with these engines but I told him maybe. I did offer him a ride to the Dodge dealer before I departed.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Good 4 u,
About the only mod he can do that will matter is pull that rice burner and slap a Cummins in there.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM

Maybe? Maybe? Man that's like taking candy from a baby Good job!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Chapter President

I cant belive to gave him the 2nd pull, shoulda just put the hammer down on that jap crap. Good going, see it was no contest after all.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:40 PM

nice job!!! and you were sweating it
Old 10-13-2007, 06:53 PM

Nice kill, as the dumb commercials would say:

"SWEET MERCY"

"HELLO DOLLY"

P.S. I wouldn't have gave him the second pull either
Old 10-13-2007, 07:03 PM

Never give him the second one, now he thinks he actually had you once.

Of course that may mean he will challange another old cumminGs and lose another $1500
Old 10-13-2007, 07:20 PM

The Real Reason

Tundra-boy wanted to move the day up so it would not be filmed...embarrassed in front of of few, oh well, but in front of everyone on the World Wide Web...priceless...

Quick Reply: CTD vs. Toyota Tundra Tug-of-War?