3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Buying Modified Used Truck ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buying Modified Used Truck ???

Ok so here is the deal.. Im looking at buying a used 2006 from a dealer here in Vegas. It looks like its in great shape and only has 19K on it. They want like 28K for it and while I think that is high I am interested. My problem is that the truck has a Edge Juice with Attitude loaded on it. While I really like this truck I am troubled that this truck that I am thinking of buying has footprints in the ecu now. I would hate to buy this thing and pull the programmer off and have the tranny or some major item take a dump only to have my factory warranty voided by dodge for a programmer being added. Any advise in haggling or towards the situation would be great.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey i would aks dealer to remove it and mak sure its on paper that the truck had it pre bought and that the dealer removerd prior to taking delivery,,if they dont wana remove it ,have them list the options on invoice thus including that there is a edge juice in it,either way u go as long as its on paper you should b ok
Old 08-24-2008, 05:17 PM

I'd bid low since the truck market is so bad right now. As for your concerns about your warranty, they are not unfounded and you are taking a chance but really even if the truck was stock right now, who knows what may have been done to the truck previously and then pulled off.
Is it at a Dodge dealer? If so, I would get in writing from them that they will cover any issues you may have under warranty. They may not do that since it is obviously modded right now but then you may just want to walk away from the deal...
Old 08-24-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just so you know the Edge Juice/Attitude is a module and not a programmer therefore will leave no foot print in the engine computer. It can be removed without leaving a trace other than maybe the EGT probe in the manifold. If you can get a good deal then I wouldn't be too concerned. The Edge is relatively mild in the scheme of things. Stock or modified - the truck can be abused regardless. Just check everything over real good. Besides, one less thing to buy after you get a truck! Good luck.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by bighornram
Just so you know the Edge Juice/Attitude is a module and not a programmer therefore will leave no foot print in the engine computer. It can be removed without leaving a trace other than maybe the EGT probe in the manifold. If you can get a good deal then I wouldn't be too concerned. The Edge is relatively mild in the scheme of things. Stock or modified - the truck can be abused regardless. Just check everything over real good. Besides, one less thing to buy after you get a truck! Good luck.
yea the edge juice IS a programmer its the attitude that is just like a set of gauges... the juice adds horse power not sure how much though!!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by bighornram
The Edge Juice WILL leave a footprint just like any other programmer/box etc, ALL of them are detectable no matter what they try to market. I wouldn't go close to a truck even with that, how do you know if they didn't have it on max and liked going WOT with a big trailer? No idea how hot the engines got, or if the tranny slips with it on a high setting. But then again, I wouldn't go close to 99% of used trucks period, very very few people take proper care of them, I looked at 30+ before I found one I would even consider. If the dealer is willing to give in writing that the Edge will not affect any warranty issues and your ok with that i'd go for it.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Ive seen super low mileage 08s for less, I cant believe how cheap you can pick up these trucks right now. Walk away, their are far better deals to be had.