Bad White Smoke at heat up - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Bad White Smoke at heat up

Old 02-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #1  

Bad White Smoke at heat up

Ok here goes. I have a 05 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. At startup it seams fine but once it starts warming up I get a massive amount of white smoke out the tailpipe for a few minutes. It thins after a few minutes but still burning oil. There is also what seems to be an buildup at the end of the tailpipe that is like oil as well. It has been suggested my turbo is leaking oil and burning it up.

If this is the case would it be a whole turbo replacement or is there something else someone could suggest. I do have to add oil to engine regularly. Engine seems to run fine. Just the thick smoke once it starts heating up and thinner while its running plus the smell of burning oil. Any help or suggestions would greatly appreciate.
kc183391 is offline   Reply With Quote