3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Baby has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baby has arrived!

Long story. Got to the dealers before noon, they said it would show between 1-6PM but having problems with the non union transport company. The !$$%^%&amp;* long haired driver likes to show up &quot;after&quot; closing and park all the units in front of the dealership on the sidewalk.<br><br>Well, didn't show, and had to head to the bank for the check etc<br><br>Dealer had a mechanic they were gonna pay overtime to take care of &quot;baby&quot; for us. But, she didn't show :-(<br><br>On the way to the bank at 445PM I spotted the transport, with my baby right on top, on the back! Man, is she beeeutifullll!<br><br>Sun was shining on her wheels etc. Almost had an orgasm!<br><br>Anyway, she did not get there in tilme, dealer has it locked inside on the service floor, and they will get right on her in the AM!<br><br>So, we will get her tomorrow evening after the CFO gets off work at 430PM.<br><br>Will I sleep tonite? IF I drink enough maybe<br><br>The &quot;wait&quot; is almost over!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-26-2002, 06:37 AM

Re:Baby has arrived!

Hunter,<br> I hope you got at least a little sleep last night The wait since Aug 6th must have seamed to take forever. Be sure to post some pictures as soon as you can.<br><br>The Boss Hog
Old 10-26-2002, 08:30 AM

Woohooo!!!! 'bout time she arrived!!!! Congratulations! Although I can't believe that you didn't sleep on the transport ;D<br><br>I know you'll love her, I have nearly the same truck and she is AWESOME! Never seen an ugly dude like myself turn so many heads as when I'm riding around in her :P
Old 10-26-2002, 12:55 PM

Well guys, toss and turn most of the night, but made it thru!<br><br>Counting down now, only 5 1/2 hours!<br><br>And Boss, actually the wait was almost a year! WE had a 2002 ordered last fall, and saw the 2002 1/2 3G and knew we had to wait for the 3G Heavy duty!<br><br>So, after a year....she is here!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-26-2002, 01:55 PM

HUNTER:<br><br>It has been very quite on the sites....obviously you have been a nervous new dad...but the wait is almost over <br>My truck is in but cannot get it until Monday morning :-[ the ******* has taken very good care of me...is throwing in a bunch of extras not nogociated in the original deal suchj as mud flaps, undercoating running boards etc.....i am sure you will enjoy your truck....but keep us posted as after months of hearing your whining....I hope the wait will be worth it!!<br><br>Once again keep us posted.....I will put photos of my baby gir; on the site on Monday night ;D <br><br>A Wantabee for not much longer ;D ;D ;D
Old 10-26-2002, 02:33 PM

Wanna<br><br>Was I really whining that bad? Or just sniveling and groveling? lol<br><br>Yup, the wait is almost over, won't be able to post a picture until tomorrow at the earliest as will be almost dark when we pick her up this evening.<br><br>Might try and snap a quick e cam shot of her if I have enough light<br><br>Sounds like your wait is almost done too!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

YOU WERE WHINING, YOU BIG BABY!!! <br><br>Go ahead and whine, big boy. We understand. ;D<br><br>PurrinBob
Old 10-27-2002, 10:11 AM

Ok gang. No more whining! Took delivery last night.<br><br>Too early to tell you too much, but have a few early things I noticed.<br><br>I am 6' and like 250#, lots of room in the cab for me, in fact I had to lift the power seat up some to see a little better over the front and no head room problem at all. And, I probably have the seat 1/2 way forward to comfortably fit to the steering wheel etc. They made enough driver room for Wilt the Stilt let me tell you!<br><br>There is ample room in the back seat for passengers for sure. My two Shih-tzus had no problem riding back there on the way home <br><br>The power adjust pedals are a must. My wife is 5'2&quot; and she drove the other 1/2 way home last night. She put the seat up tall, and forward, and powered the pedals up to the top (which is one heck of a long throw, many inches) and she fit just fine to drive! She sure looks good in that truck!<br><br>For those of you whom like to drive with your baby snuggled up next to you, well, that might be a little problem with that big old shifter. She is gonna think you are stealing feels every shift, pretty tite spaces for a snuggler I think, will report more back on this after today!<br><br>I love the silver bottom, the aluminum allow rims match the silver exactly, not sure what kind of coating they put on the rims, but it is not shiny aluminum color, they have been coated.<br><br>Mileage started out at 11 (17 miles on it) and after 40 miles or so, it is up to 16.5 on the average. So, will see how a freeway drive today does to it.<br><br>6th has a little hitch to the right it seems, I missed it once as did the wife, but will be easy to get used to. Almost seems like just an inch or so between shifts after driving older stick shifts around. Very easy, quick and smooth.<br><br>Am new to diesels so I gotta get used to the sound, feel, rpm on the shifts etc. Seems kinda different so far, especially in 2nd. Seems only seconds and you run out of steam in 2nd and gotta be running up to 3rd and up, will get more used to it today.<br><br>The fit and finish is very very good. <br><br>Oh, I have a cranky back, and the seats are fabulous. Lots and lots of support, even the passenger side.<br><br>And, man oh man, this is a BIG truck! Looking at the front of it from about 10' away, and it just says &quot;I am the King of the Road!&quot;<br><br>More later gang<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-27-2002, 01:01 PM

Congrats HUNTER ;D<br><br>Glad you enjoy your new baby.....I don't know what your wife looks like....but it must do something to distort vision if it is going to make mine look good behind the wheel !!!<br>Enjoy your truck...will get mine in the a.m...were suppose to have 5 inches of snow here tonight in Newfoundland Canada....hopefully the roads will be plowed ???<br><br>Post pictures when you get a chance<br><br>My last day as a Wantabee!!!!!!<br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Old 10-27-2002, 11:10 PM

Congtats Hunter, you will love that power seat with a bum back, expecially the lumbar support. Monday 6 (adults) of us went out to dinner. I think my honey kind of liked sitting in the middle front with the floor shifter, kinda like back when dating, if ya know what I mean.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:28 PM

Wannabee and Phil<br><br>Well, my baby looks absoultely wonderful, sexy, beautiful, behind the wheel. Of course, the CFO looks fabulous anytime!<br><br>And, she is a proud Rammer, loves to drive the big rig! And she does a good job of it too!<br><br>And Sierra, I know what you mean, mine has not moved over yet, but each and every shift will let the old hand lay, and she will like that!<br><br>Oh, forgot to say, I love the new rig!<br><br>Hunter
Old 10-28-2002, 08:44 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Boy, sure glad that thing arrived. I was getting tired of all the whining and groaning. <br><br>Are we having fun yet???? ;D Haven't had so much fun since I put kerosene on the cat's tail. :P <br><br>Hope you are enjoying it as much as I am mine. I think we did OK. <br><br>