3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

AutoAbility/Running boards on new Rams

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoAbility/Running boards on new Rams

I have a hanicapped daughter but she's only five so I don't really need any modifications. I asked my dealer if they'd cover side steps, for getting her in and out easier due to the height, under this program and he said no problem. All anyone needs is a letter from their doctor. I know there are a lot of bad backs out there and running boards are a must have . In Canada DC will cover up to $750.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:24 PM

Re:AutoAbility/Running boards on new Rams

dealseeker<br><br>Thanks so much! DC will be paying me $400 for running boards.<br><br>Every $$$$$$$$ counts!<br><br>Hunter
Old 12-12-2002, 06:09 AM

Sorry, but I am lost on this issue. Why are they paying, and what do you have to do to get the payment or discount?<br><br>Wife has a knee replacement, and I have a bad back. <br><br>Getting the 4x4 dually.<br><br>Was thinking of getting a ladder, <br><br>Splaine please.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:13 AM

Is this only in Canada, I see Hunter is in Oregon. Let's have some detailies please. Thanks. Bill
Old 12-12-2002, 02:18 PM

It is called the AutoAbility program in Canada and the AutoMobility program in the USA. The US website dodge.com has far more info than the Canadian site (.ca). Look under &quot;Dodge Incentives&quot; and then &quot;Automobility&quot;. It has a lot of info on conversions, rehab services, etc. The application form for the US is also there. My daughter is severely physically handicapped so I said due to the height of the vehicle I'll have a hard time lifting her in and out; will DC pay for running boards under the AutoAbility Program? He said no problem, just need a letter from the doctor on her disability. If your doctor states that you have diminished physical ability i.e. artificial joint, disc problem, whatever, I believe you can get this. It certainly can't hurt to try. Maybe Luke S can shed some light on this from a dealer's point of view.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:12 PM

Hunter,<br><br>Did you get the boards from an auto supply dealer or did you go through one of the dealers mentioned on the Dodge website?<br><br>Thanks for posting this information dealseeker. Great program.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:53 PM

I got the boards and install from my local accessories store and installer. Not the ones they recommend. <br><br>I called the hot line at 800-255-9877 and talked to a nice lady at DC and got all the info.<br><br>I already had printed the application and all the rules off the internet at Dodge site under AutoMobility<br><br>Hope this helps<br><br>Now I just have to get a prescription from my Doc, have my local dealer look at the boards to &quot;verify&quot; that they are on the truck etc. and send in the form<br><br>6-8 weeks and I will get the check for $400<br><br>Hunter
Old 12-13-2002, 02:01 PM

Good for you, Hunter. The only advantage that I can see with going with Mopar instead of another accessory dealer is that you are not out of pocket initially. At least that is the case with my dealer; he's just sending the bill to DC.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's the link to D/Cs AutoMobility website.<br>http://www.automobility.daimlerchrysler.com/