3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

2007 keyless entry horn enable/disable

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 keyless entry horn enable/disable

The owner's manual says i can enable or disable the horn chirp when using the keyless entry system to lock the doors. The manual (page 21) I downloaded from the dodge website says:

The horn chirp feature will be shipped from the assembly plants activated. If desired this feature can be disabled by using the following procedure:
1. Perform this operation while standing outside the vehicle.
2. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed (i.e. functional) key fob.
3. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the PANIC button. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.

I've tried these steps several times, but no success. On my other truck (dodge dakota) I found on a forum that the owner's manual was slightly incorrect. I suspect the same with this truck. Anyone have correct instructions for this on a 2007?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 PM

horn chirp

I had the same issue and the manual is wrong for the 2007 trucks. It has to be taken to the dealer to disable it. The 2006 can be changed, but the 2007 cannot be changed by the owner.

Rob
Old 11-20-2008, 08:12 AM

Same here, wouldn't disable, tried 10 different times on 10 different days. Had to have dealer do it.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:16 AM

my '05 wouldnt work from the outside either. i got tired of trying that so i got in the truck put the key in the ignition, turned to the run (on) position without starting the truck, and the followed the rest of the steps.
2. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed (i.e. functional) key fob.
3. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least 4 seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the PANIC button. Release both buttons at the same time.

that worked for me
Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 PM

that really sux that they put out an owner's manual that is wrong. I even downloaded my copy from the dodge website.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:06 PM

Can you do it via the overhead display? I know mine has a menu of things I can turn on and off....
Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 PM

Location: Columbia in the Communist State of Chicago (Illinois)
From my owners manual

Park Lights Flash Feature Programming
Vehicles will be shipped from the assembly plants with the park light flash feature activated. If desired, this feature can be disabled by using the following procedure:
² For vehicles equipped with the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), refer to “Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features)” under “Overhead Console with Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) – If Equipped” in Section 3.
² For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the following procedure:
2. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a programmed (i.e., functional) RKE transmitter.
3. Continue to hold the UNLOCK button, wait at least four seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the LOCK button. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps. Horn Chirp Feature Programming
The horn chirp feature will be shipped from the assembly plants activated.
If desired, this feature can be disabled by using the following procedure:
² For vehicles equipped with the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), refer to “Personal Settings (Customer Programmable Features)” under “Overhead Console with Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) – If Equipped” in Section 3.
² For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, perform the following procedure:
2. Press and hold the LOCK button on a programmed (i.e., functional) RKE transmitter.
3. Continue to hold the LOCK button, wait at least four seconds, but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the PANIC button. Release both buttons at the same time.
4. To reactivate this feature, repeat the above steps.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM

VictorC, did you get it to work
Old 11-20-2008, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by ThatGuy34
VictorC, did you get it to work
I tried your instructions, but it did not work for my 2007. I also tried a couple of additional variations.

My previous truck was a 2001 Dakota and the manual was wrong, but still did not require the dealer to do it. I'll probably play with it this weekend and of course post if I am successful.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:39 PM

I just went outside and was able to disable my horn chirp by using the overhead console (EVIC). Went to the personel settings and was able to turn it off.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM

My overhead console seems to just toggle through mileage, DTE, odometer, etc. Can you tell me what you did in more detail so I can see if it might work for me.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 PM

On my overhead I have a display that reads personal settings. I can control if my headlights go on with door unlock, if all or just drivers door unlocks with first push of button. You can also set how long your accessories stay on after the key is shutoff. This new console and settings may only pertain to the 07.5 and newer not for sure,but that could be the reason your not seeing it.
Andy
Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM

Called my brother ( my Mechanic) he said that you can do it with the fob, but you have to do it just right or it will not work. He suggested the next time you have it in for service tell them to disable the horn chirp with the starscan tool.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 AM

thanks for the info