3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

06 front turn signal bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 front turn signal bulb?

Ok, dumb question...How do I get to this bulb, I need to replace it. Do I have to pull the whole assembly out?
Second question...are there better choices for headlight bulbs than factory, using all original equipment?

Thanks Mark
Old 12-11-2013, 08:04 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Easiest way to replace it is to remove the entire assembly. Only takes a couple minutes. I just replaced my old, factory headlight bulbs with Sylvania SilverStars.....quite a bit better at night with those AND matching fogs.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The Silver Stars offer more light coverage, but they only last about a year in my experience several times. I gave up on them and ordered the fog kit from Geno's. Converts your fog bulbs from 9006 to 9005 which is a high beam bulb.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Thanks guys....now to figure out how to get'em out lol!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:33 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll be honest I don't recall if there are any screws when you open the hood that go into the top side of the assembly, all I can picture is my wife's Pacifica because I just replaced hers...There is one hidden screw. Look in your wheel well and you'll see an oval shaped rubber grommet at headlight level, remove the grommet and a screw is behind it.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark-in-Mo
Thanks guys....now to figure out how to get'em out lol!
You will Need a screwdriver to remove the plugs inside the fenderwell, a shallow and deep 10mm socket. A wobble extension and regular socket extensions would be helpful for this job.And of course a 1/4" or 3/8 ratchet. This job does require you to remove the headlight assembly. Be sure to give it a tug when all of the fasteners are removed.

From the factory service manual:

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the oval-shaped rubber access hole plug from the forward upper outboard surface of the front fender wheel liner.
3. Reach through the wheel liner access hole to remove the nut that secures the stud on the lower outboard corner of the front lamp unit housing to the fender headlamp mounting panel.
4. With the hood panel opened, remove the two screws that secure the inboard side of the lamp housing to the mounting panel.
5. Grasp the lamp firmly and pull straight forward to disengage the ball stud on the upper outboard corner of the lamp from the plastic grommet in the mounting panel.
6. Pull the lamp away from the fender far enough to access and disconnect the three wire harness connections from the headlamp bulb, the park/turn signal bulb socket and the side marker bulb socket on the back of the lamp housing.
7. Remove the front lamp unit from the fender.
8. Firmly grasp the park/turn signal bulb socket on the back of the front lamp unit housing and rotate it counterclockwise about 30 degrees to unlock it.
9. Pull the socket and bulb straight out from the keyed opening in the housing.
10. Pull the base of the bulb straight out of the socket.