3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

"04 ORDER DATE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:"04 ORDER DATE?

I ordered mine on Sept 10th and picked it up at the dealer on Oct 30th. (7-1/2 weeks) Yes I agree, the reason I ordered mine was because I didn't want all the extras. It used to be you had to order a truck to get a fancy one. Now you have to order one to get a plain one. I guess most people now days don't use them for what they were intended for.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:52 AM

After ordering my 04, on September 18th, it has finally show up in Spokane just off the railcar waiting to be taken to the dealer.

The guy down at the distribution yard was really great! Kathy told him it was my Christmas Present! He took the pictures of Ghost Rider while it was still in the railcar! Then he move the ramp over just to unload Ghost Rider. He started Ghost Rider up, didn't rev the engine just let it idle to build oil pressure, the drove it down the ramp and onto the ground. He then parked it where I could get some more pictures. Then he moved the ramp back to the other railcars he was unloading. Ghost Rider was the only truck taken off the railcar at that time! I thanked him and he wished me Merry Christmas!

Maybe I might be driving it Monday or Tuesday! Yahooo!

More pictures here:
Ghost Rider

Old 12-15-2003, 06:52 AM

[quote author=Big Bob link=board=17;threadid=15783;start=450#msg223610 date=1071471175]
After ordering my 04, on September 18th, it has finally show up in Spokane just off the railcar waiting to be taken to the dealer.
[/quote]

Congrats!! Great pictures! Heck of an Xmas present,
eh? heheh

At least you know yours exists now.... Mine seems to
be "lost" :'( It sat in the port of Baltimore for a full
month and now the tracking info shows delivered to dealer
12/7 but the dealer doesn't have it. Getting them to realize
this is a problem was much more difficult than I expected.
You would think they would be very interested in figuring out
where a $41000 vehicle that Chrysler says they have was
hiding.

I have no truck, no info, and now, no further patience. I
told the dealer that if they can't get me some data by today
(Monday) that I am walking away from the deal and will start
over somewhere else. This is ridiculous!!

Old 12-15-2003, 07:22 AM

Grad to see your baby has arrived. I got a tear in my eye reading your discription of the arrival. Monday is here now I hope the first run is as thrilling as mine( left the dealership, New Orleans,LA and went to Baltimore,MD 16hrs straight.) I had to explain to my wife that it was a guy thing to drive and not fly. ;D. Congradulations & Merry Christmas.
P.S. Santa Wife ordered my SS Exhaust this morning. I am lucky also...
Old 12-19-2003, 08:53 AM

My truck arrived at the dealership Wed Dec 17, I pick it up tomorrow (Saturday). The truck was ordered11/10/03 with a build date of 25/11/03 and shipped 29/11/03. My truck was built before another truck ordered from the same dealership in Sept. ???. It has been fun tracking the truck and seeing it progress through the different stages. It has been a long wait.

One more sleep..... : ;D
Old 12-19-2003, 09:59 AM

javabeanjava, I'm probably missing something obvious, but why did you order a 2500 with clearance lights instead of a (single rear wheel) 3500?

The new truck is awesome. congratulations for getting exactly what you want! there is something just really cool about special ordering and picking out YOUR truck. Not just because its configured exactly the way you want, but because you also know it will never be test-driven. I've only special ordered one other vehicle besides my black 04 RAM and I will tell you its ok eeling like a kid before christmas. ;D I know, my wait was agonizing but well worth it! Just wait until your first drive!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:13 AM

Well, I have to start over with mine... :'(

The 2500 I've had on order since 9/24 is gone. As in vanished. Nobody knows where it is despite intensive searching for the last week and a half. It showed up in Baltimore 11/10 and that was the last anyone saw of it.

This is so disappointing. I'm left with my only options being throw away the last three months of waiting and stress and start over completely with a new order or admit defeat and buy one off the lot somewhere. I don't like either option!!

Should I expect Chrysler or the Dealer to step up and do anything to take the bad taste out of this fiasco? Personally, I think they should offer to find me a Laramie so I could at least get the options I wanted and sell it at the price I was quoted for the SLT I ordered. That is the least they can do. But it defeats the purpose that I ordered a truck in the first place... it was supposed to be *my* truck built especially for *me*

If I do do a new order, it will be from a Texas dealer. I have family in Texas, and I think due to the delivery problems I have experienced I need to take the purchase as close to the source as possible.

Anyone ever hear of anything like this with truck delivery? Or am I just the lucky one?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 12-19-2003, 11:48 AM

Doug, it was all I could do to convince my husband that I needed a 3/4 ton not a 1/2 ton to pull my horse trailer. He is not really a truck fan and I have worked on this for 2 years. I have a big horse that moves around a lot and pulling a moving load with the weight high off the trailer floor down the highway with semi's passing us (because my 1/2 ton gas truck is gutless) was giving me a nervous breakdown. He is not offering to drive with me so I am on my own most of the time. I kicked up a big fuss > and finally he shrugged and said that I could get my truck on the condition that he can get whatever vehicle he wants (yet to see him follow through on this threat). He thinks that a 2500 is a way too much truck for what I need --I disagree :. Anyway....I like the clearance lights for towing and I really think my husband would really balk at a 3500. The clearance lights are only a 65.00 Cdn option, I think that upgrading to a 3500 would more than that.Of course once he drives my truck he might be asking to borrow it!

This is the first time I have ever ordered a new vehicle, we always buy used and keep our vehicles for years so I am really excited.

Jim, How can a truck be lost ???? That is too bad, perhaps you can look forward to having the new higher horsepower engine.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now thats funny. The only reason I DIDN'T order a 3500 is those darn ugly clearance lights. Here java wants them!
Old 12-19-2003, 12:52 PM

I've actually done a 180 on the clearance lights. I think they look totally cool! especially on black ;D

wow, Java talk about role reversal. well you've come to the right place for information (and support!) about towing and trucks. good luck to you and keep the Cummins faith! congratulations for sticking to your guns and insisting on getting enough truck. These things are animals -- you've got 21,000 lbs gross combination weight but that is definatly not too much truck. you just won't believe the difference towing with the 2500 Cummins versus a 1500 gasser. We'll probably see your smile all the way down here in the states :-)
Old 12-19-2003, 01:55 PM

Don't laugh but our 1500 gasser has clearance lights. Yup, it already had them when we bought it used. I thought they were so ugly I asked the dealer if they could be removed, I almost didn't buy the truck because of the lights. Later when I saw how well they lit up the truck I decided I liked them.I even had someone back away from a stop sign to get out of my way--I was just turning slowly not in anyone's path, I'm sure the lights were a factor.

I think you might just see this smile all the way to the USA
Old 12-19-2003, 02:27 PM

Oh well, it will be a sweet rig regardless! 8)
Old 12-19-2003, 06:35 PM

Order my 2500 with clearance lights, Like them,Don't care what others think. DON'T WANT Duel Wheels in back..Truck arrive just as ordered..go figure
Old 12-19-2003, 11:59 PM

That's just the thing with clearance lights:

Look kinda lame during the day, but sets your rig apart from lesser trucks on the highway at night (and they look sooo coool!).

Vaughn