3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

04' Interior Pix

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 10:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re:04' Interior Pix

Pappy, Where did you get the aluminum trim from? How much? Mike
Old 09-21-2003, 01:25 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

They might change the interior when they do the refitting for EGR on the trucks this coming Monday. :P

I have the MOPAR seat covers coming for this truck. They will get custom embroidered WILDCAT logos on them too. 8)

I first thought the interior might be hokey with the inserts...its actually nice and feels nicer then full leather like my other truck had. Don't matter much as we are both covering it.
Also, the hides DC uses are definately the closest thing to fake of any out there. :'(
Old 09-22-2003, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote author=BigBlueHO link=board=17;threadid=19894;start=0#msg187188 date=1064096881]
Nice Truck! I really like the brushed aluminum trim instead of the wood grain I have. I wonder if I could upgrade mine??
[/quote]

BigBlue,

I'm sure you can buy the parts and replace your faux wood trim ones. When I was looking at an '03 Laramie, the dealer said he couuld remove the wood pieces and replace them with black (there was no silver at that time). These pieces are interchangable and I think the silver pieces in my new '04 Laramie look great (compared to the wood).
Old 09-22-2003, 12:29 PM

[quote author=Lightman link=board=17;threadid=19894;start=0#msg187323 date=1064155297]
I'm still in shock. I don't know how I could overlook a detail as big as two tone seats with suede inserts. Do the SLT leather trucks have full leather seats, or at least the appearance of them? Arghh. Maybe it will look better in person. Glad I ordered those wet okole seat covers. What is one to do if they get the suede wet, dirty, etc? One of the main reasons I got leather was cleanability. ARGHH ARGHH ARGHH. Not ripping on your truck scotty, just surprised that I have the same thing coming.
[/quote]

Lightman, I believe all leather interiors (Laramie/SLT) have the same contrasting insert. It is a matter of presonal preference, but I think the suede insert looks fine. I would have prefered a complete leather seat back as well. I'm wondering what happens if you have a bit of sweat on your back and sit on the seat?? Other than that, I think the '04 interior looks great.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an 03 SLT with the leather package. There are no inserts, just leather. I also have the front under seat storage as part of the leather package. Mike
Old 09-22-2003, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SLT seats aren't all leather, there is leather where your rear end is, but the rest is 'premium' vinyl... I just wasn't aware of the two tone colors on the laramie :- I would have gladly paid another thousand dollars or whatever for full, nice leather....dodge has never had nice interiors, I guess thats something I'll have to accept.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was ordering my Ram, one of the reasons I didn't go with the Laramie (besides not wanting adj. pedals) was the suede inserts. I got the SLT with leather purposely to avoid the suede. Sorry about your oversight

When I got my truck I thought the rear seat was leather, but discovered it was not. I was :'( that day! LOL

If I had it to do over, I woulda skipped the leather option and went straight to http://www.katzkin.com and got a premium leather interior from them instead, front and rear. Their kit installed is around $1500 I believe. http://www.katzkin.com/SITE/SpecialE...ATX.screen.pdf

So Scotty I see you're riding in style!! How 'bout running down to Piers this weekend so I can see your new ride??

Vaughn

Old 09-23-2003, 09:24 AM

M9 premium cloth for me

and for dual climate control I put a blanket in for the wife so she doesn't get cold ;D. I figure that blanket is good for about 2 grand.

The thing I will miss w/o the laramie package is the universal garage door opener. My 02 at least had a compartment where you could mount your opener inside. now I guess I'll have to clip mine on to the visor.

got to drive my truck for the first time yesterday. wow. All I can say is that this truck is one different animal than from the 02. I mean night and day. instant observations are:

1. I already miss the short turning radius of my 02, but I'll get used to it. definately noticable, but not a showstopper by any means.

2. the 04 3500 definately has a way better ride than my 02 2500 w/ camper pkg.

3. the 04 power band is broder and stronger

4. the radio controls on the steering wheel are very cool. I thought they would be superfulous but not so. they work well and really do save you from having to reach over and fiddle with a ****. helps to have long fingers though...

5. it sure feels like a bigger truck. front visibility is not quite as good, although the side visibility is better, due to the new swept back windshield and A pillar placement. definately an overall improvement

6. no drones detected yet ;D

7. The 3.73 gearing is a good choice over the 3.54, especially with 285 tires.

8. The little HY/10 spools up faster and the truck is much more responsive on the low end for the 6 speed. The rather piggy response of the 02 is improved greatly. can hardly wait to put a TST box on there.

9. and guess what: no skid plate under the fuel tank. they must have cut in that protection group change pretty early. glad I got the xfer case skid plate though -- its pretty vulnerable otherwise.

10. the new tow hooks are awesome and better now than the Fords.

12. coming right from my 02 with a worn trac bar that was loose as a goose, I found myself oversteering at first in the 04. The steering ratio has been increased in the 03/04s, and the trac bar is re-designed so it drives much more responsively. the difference is nothing short of shocking

13. The 6 speed clutch engaged totally different than on my 02. Felt like a completely different truck. I'm going to have to play with those adjustable pedals a bit...

more to come when I actually take delivery this thursday ;D
Old 09-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Top's Younger Twin

What Doug said.

;D
Old 09-23-2003, 04:06 PM

Scotty,

Do you have your CB, CB antenna and the brake controller installed yet? If you do, can you please post some pics?

TIA
Old 09-23-2003, 05:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Kinda busy lately.

I have tha antenna installed on the fender, do not have the cb in yet as I have no idea where to put it.
Brake controller is mounted on the lower dash screw right above the accelerator pedal...lots of room and clearance for it there. I'll get pix when I can...probably not til after I get back from Alberta.

Vaughn, I am going to a diesel show in Calgary this wknd...several Sask, ND, AB and some BC folks are attending.

:'(

[quote author=Crabjoe link=board=17;threadid=19894;start=15#msg188265 date=1064351201]
Scotty,

Do you have your CB, CB antenna and the brake controller installed yet? If you do, can you please post some pics?

TIA

[/quote]