3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

03 ac not working on pass side!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just began having the same problem. Only it seems to me that there is at least a 20 degree difference. It was 117 degrees here yesterday and with my A/C on full my truck never cooled off and my passengers were whinning the whole time about how hot it was. The front seat passenger closed the vents on thier side because it was cooler not having ambient air blowing on them. There has to be a SOLUTION.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Angry Fan doesn't blow at all

My problem is a liitle different. The fan just quits blwong air at all. What little bit come out is cold and the fan motor is working. But, something is blocking the air from coming out. Eith with or withour a/c.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:30 AM

I just called D.C. again. 1-800-992-1997 and give them a EARFUL about this thread and others about same deal on TDR.This time I got a HARD HEADED little lady that kept going on about the DEALER.I told her MORE then once TAKE THE COMPLAINT and PASS IT HIGHER UP NOT DOWN. Then asked her to stop arguing and just do as asked and said BYE NOW.I suggest some of YOU ALL do the same.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:58 AM

I still think that replacing parts won't fix the issues. I'll ask around to see what can help.......
Old 07-24-2006, 11:20 AM

There has to be something that fixes it because for a year and half I did not have the problem.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have never noticed it on my truck (31,000 miles) until the other day. The reason is this is the first summer I have had my truck. Yeap, my truck does it. Pressures are fine. It is something in the vent system. I believe every one of our trucks has this issue. If you say you didn't have it. I wouldn't believe you. What a pain in the aXX. $40,000 truck with an A/C that works like crap and no one knows how to fix it. Just great. I am not taking my truck in to have the Dash taken in and out several times until they have a fix. I am very picky. I may even do it myself. Done Dash jobs many times. Never scratched a one. You couldn't even tell I had it laying on the shop floor with salesmen coming bye going (So that is what it looks like behind the Dash with big eyes). Glad the customer didn't come by, they would of freaked. Everything had to go. I was replacing the main subharness. All you could see were wires and metal supports.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Spooler
I believe every one of our trucks has this issue. If you say you didn't have it. I wouldn't believe you.
I drove my truck for 1 whole summer in the St. Louis 100 deg heat with 80-90% humidity and the A/C would cool to 45 deg without recirc. Then drove for another half a summer in Maryland heat 95 deg heat with the A/C working fine. Now it has been a year, half of last summer and half of this summer, with a poorly working A/C. And, on top of that, my father has the exact same truck and has been driving it for 2 1/2 summers in the St. Louis heat with on probelms, so there has to be a way to fix it.

But overall I agree with you Spooler it has to be a design flaw that DC needs to fix. It just must be more pronounced on some trucks more than others.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by robwashu
It just must be more pronounced on some trucks more than others.
After reading thru all these post it sounds like some trucks are worse then others and some are worse the next year. Assuming the R134A didn't leak out. I wonder if any of the mods done could affect this. The engine fan is electronically controled based on different temperatures. That big fan can cause changes in air flow over the condenser and affect the AC loop.

About the guy with no airflow. Was the blower motor running? Does it work now that you turned off the truck?

More to come....
Old 07-24-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by beem0
I wonder if any of the mods done could affect this.
My truck has no mods done to it.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:26 PM

I had the same prob last year, I took it in for warranty repair and they said the blender needed adjustment, it didn't need any replacement. My truck does however stop blowing cold on real long trips and it is 90+ degrees out. I hav read on other posts that the A/C freezes up.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Typical Dodge all the way. I have the same issues, best I can get on a hot day is a suggestion of cool! Dodge is aware of all these issues and chooses to do nothing about addressing the issues. I for one ,am tired of the old saying, "it's normal". This is because they really don't care much about their product or parts quality. Hey, remember, it's a Dodge!! If it weren't for the Cummins, dodge wouldn't be selling trucks! I bought a Cummins and a Dodge happened to come wit it! I'm also glad I bought the DC X-Tended warranty, I'm sure I'll be using it. My Durango air absolutely sucked from day one. Mine has been in twice, any better, not really, as a matter fact, it's overall cooling in down more after they mess with it. Also on my 3rd set of typical sloppy Dodge seat rails.

I've been wondering if anyone has swapped out the DC A/C compressor for a Ford or GM?? All I know, I never had issues with a Ford AC!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:19 AM

beem0

Do you have any more information on the A/C problems or are you still working on it?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I talked with the guys I use at my dealership. They stated they had a truck in on Monday with the exact same issue. Took the dash out and could not find anything wrong. Tech said the regional rep. was coming tomorrow and he would ask for help from above. (Engineering) Well see how that goes. If we all call on our end and the Technicians give them a rash then someone from higher up will have to get involved. Tech did show me a TSB that a 12 deg. difference was normal in a single zone system.

Is anyone with a dual zone climate control system having any problems?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:29 PM

i just got mine back last week....they said it was low on freon. i do not understand how low freon will make 1/2 half the ac blow cold and not the other. all that being said, since i have gotten back, it has not done it any more, and it does seem to be a little cooler all in all.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 PM

12 degree differance is a OUT for them is all.Thats a BIG differance.

Quick Reply: 03 ac not working on pass side!