EFI Live - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

EFI Live

Old 05-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #1  

EFI Live

I don't see it talked about much on here for dodge. Any info out there about it? I didn't even know it existed for dodge until I went into the local shop....

I have 230k miles on my truck and finally got full deletes done last week. With the full deletes I needed something to bypass the codes so I went with a custom Efi live tune. So I have cold air intake, egr delete, new exhaust manifold, new straight pipe 5" exhaust and the EFI live with a CTS2 monitor from edge.

Today I turned up the EFI live to level 4 of 5 which is like 110 extra HP. It does fine from a rolling start but if I just gun it from a stop it wont go anywhere. Feels like the fuel just shuts off or something. could it be that I am just not getting enough fuel and this would be eliminated with a new pump and injectors?

Honestly I don't plan on using the extra HP but it is fun to play with occasionally. I only did the programming because of the code delete/bypass ability of the custom tune.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #2  

Talk to your tuner.
Danderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:05 AM   #3  
"California Style"

You're going to waste your transmission, if not all ready :-(
mega-engr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:21 PM   #4  

Well i have 230k on it already, im expecting to need an upgraded tranny and suprised i didnt have to get one already.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #5  
"California Style"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Well i have 230k on it already, im expecting to need an upgraded tranny and suprised i didnt have to get one already.
Precisely. those aren't cheap...
mega-engr is online now   Reply With Quote