Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/)
-   -   EFI Live (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/3rd-gen-high-performance-accessories-6-7l-only-170/efi-live-330352/)

Argo 05-27-2018 07:21 PM

EFI Live

I don't see it talked about much on here for dodge. Any info out there about it? I didn't even know it existed for dodge until I went into the local shop....

I have 230k miles on my truck and finally got full deletes done last week.[guitar][guitar] With the full deletes I needed something to bypass the codes so I went with a custom Efi live tune. So I have cold air intake, egr delete, new exhaust manifold, new straight pipe 5" exhaust and the EFI live with a CTS2 monitor from edge.

Today I turned up the EFI live to level 4 of 5 which is like 110 extra HP. It does fine from a rolling start but if I just gun it from a stop it wont go anywhere.[nonono] [dummy] Feels like the fuel just shuts off or something. could it be that I am just not getting enough fuel and this would be eliminated with a new pump and injectors?

Honestly I don't plan on using the extra HP but it is fun to play with occasionally. [duhhh] I only did the programming because of the code delete/bypass ability of the custom tune. :)

Danderson 05-27-2018 11:01 PM

Talk to your tuner.

mega-engr 05-29-2018 11:05 AM

You're going to waste your transmission, if not all ready :-(

Argo 06-05-2018 12:21 PM

Well i have 230k on it already, im expecting to need an upgraded tranny and suprised i didnt have to get one already.

mega-engr 06-05-2018 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 3349194)
Well i have 230k on it already, im expecting to need an upgraded tranny and suprised i didnt have to get one already.

Precisely. those aren't cheap...

Argo 06-22-2018 10:02 AM

This forum seems rather light on traffic these days but I figured I would follow up.

I have put on 3000 miles since I picked my truck up after installing cold air intake, egr delete, new exhaust manifold, new straight pipe 5" exhaust and the EFI live with a CTS2 monitor from edge. The issue I had before was a dirty fuel filter, I keep a few spares around so I changed it out. I have not changed it in a couple years and have put on 120k miles since then.....

I am averaging right at 21mpg mixed between open highway plus stop and go traffic. I was averaging 16.5 mpg for the past 60k miles or so. The power I am getting now is quite a jump over the stock power. I can get from 55 to 95 very quick.

While towing my 35' RV at 10k lbs on the bumper I am getting 12mpg which is about the same as I was getting prior. I have more power while pulling up to highway speed though.

Overall I am happy with the changes and they should pay for themselves quickly with the amount I drive now and the prices of diesel in OR and CA....