3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Deletion time next weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Deletion time next weekend!

Ordered my Mini Maxx, EGR/Cooler delete, and DPF free exhaust... It is on ladies and gentlemen!! After nearly 5 years running it the way Dodge wanted it run, now I am tearing out the foolishness that is crudding up the system. Either way should be fun. I am going with the "Blake" method so my girl will finally be able to breathe right. I will update with pictures etc. Thanks for the guys on the forum that have given some advice etc along the way.

I am curious if I should do any type of cleaning etc beyond what the install might require to help out now that I am EPA free...?

Any servicing I can do to my turbo while I have everything apart?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Did mine over a year ago and it runs GREAT! You will be glad afterwards!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:40 AM

We got it started last night and the only thing I regret was not getting a good recording of what she sounded like before to compare to after... I'm a sound engineer so I have some great mics I could have used! Haha but there is no way I am putting that junk back on Betsy. One look down the DPF and I realized Betsy basically asthma all this time!!

Really appreciate Blake's write up because so far it has been shop manual on the iPad... Haha

Will report back once we are buttoning her up tonight!!

So Far:
EGR deleted
EGR cooler housing and servo off
Exhaust deleted with exception of downpipe
Mini Maxx partially wired up
Old 08-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
If you have been running it that long, get a new gasket where the intake manifold hits the grid heater. Pull the intake off, its just six bolts and a clamp on the hose side, and clean the grid heater off.

Get a softer wire brush and a shop vac. Suck out as much as you can with the vac, then brush it and vacuum it at the same time to remove as much junk as possible.

Good Luck!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

I understand the whole EPA clean air, breathe better, emissions blah blah blah but why does the gov't want every vehicle on the road in the oncoming years to get xx amount of mpg's and then go and choke the crap outta the engine to the point that, we, the consumer, (well, you guys cause ya'll have the newer trucks) spend wayyyy more on fuel than what, theoretically, we should? Obviously, with the taxpayers paying the govt fuel bill they just don't get it. Delete that crap and enjoy your high $$$ ride to the extent it should be enjoyed.

Give every govt jackhole a new diesel truck and let them drive it everyday in their stop and go traffic and see just how long it takes before they start looking for a way to get better mileage and get rid of the dreaded "regen mode" I bet they'd find the delete kits more "green" friendly than they think then.

Ok, rants over....back to morning brew (Don't judge me....I just got off work )
Old 08-18-2012, 02:45 PM

well this sucks... I got everything installed and tuner in... she seemed great... big time whistle!!

BUT... I am still seeing like a big drop in boost and power when I go through my gears but then suddenly she will surge with plenty o power and we are off to the races...

I am thinking my actuator on my EB is getting jacked up or if there is something broke with my VG actuator stuff...

ugh so close and yet not close enough...
Old 08-18-2012, 05:41 PM

My brothers did the same thing. Turbo was a big ole crusty mess. Dealership cleaned it under warranty and all was better.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:52 PM

Blake we are good to go!!

ok so I may be crazy but I did a very non traditional turbo cleaning and it worked GREAT!!... sadly I completely spaced and did not take pictures, BUT take my word for it...

Basically I was digging around ways to clean a VGT without having to drop the whole thing and more importantly save $$ from buying a new one... OR geting the crazy stuff from Mopar to clean it...

Well lo and behold I found a post on a VW TDI forum about cleaning their VGTs very successfully with of all things... Heavy Duty Easy Off Oven Cleaner.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=48

Well since I thought that my turbo was fubarred anyway, I decided to give it a shot. I was well past Warranty and Dodge had already done a cleaning/replacement of the turbo before.

So I adapted the TDI methodology to our big rigs... Since I had the down pipe off etc for putting in my DPF free exhaust I reached up and sprayed some Easy Off into the turbines and then spun it around. Let it sit for awhile and then fired my truck up and let her blow the stuff out. Then repeated the process 2 more times.

My turbine blades looked clean as the compressor impellers!

I also then replaced my completely sooted out Exhaust Pressure line and cleaned the sensor and bungs with the Easy Off. Bolted it all back together and I was in business!!

Everyone was right though. I do not know why I did not do it sooner!!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:29 PM

Glad to hear you got it sorted out and running well!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 PM

Deletion time

Jtalaiver;Hey was wondering if you had any promblems with your truck in the last five years running it stock,and if you needed warnenty on it at all,just curious,and i bet you she's like anew truck now .
Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by dodgebre3500
Jtalaiver;Hey was wondering if you had any promblems with your truck in the last five years running it stock,and if you needed warnenty on it at all,just curious,and i bet you she's like anew truck now .
My truck ran great in every way but I did actually take my truck in twice for Cummins warranty stuff and it was all related to my VGT stuff and DPF/EGR junks... You are right though she runs great now... What other guys say on the forum about "You would wonder why you didn't do it sooner" is abundantly true. The truck runs like she has new legs and no asthma... (not that there is anything wrong with asthma)