3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope mine goes from 14 to 19. So far my first tank with deletes (only going 150 miles) was 14.7 highway only 73 mph.

3500 4x4 6 speed

Anyway, I had Beans diesel dyno the truck.

415hp / 910 ft lbs EGTs were 1000 deg. I have 123k miles on it too.

Only mods are 4" TBE (the idot car lot screwed up the factory 4" tailpipe so I just replaced it all) with Donaldson muffler and Smarty 67 Set on SW7. No tweaking. All stock everything else performance wise.

Two questions:
Did folks mileage get any better the longer they drove it deleted?

Also when I shut it off it shakes the whole **** truck. Didn't do that before. Any ideas. I know the throtte valve is open or it wouldn't dyno well and it is disconnected so in theory it can't close...
Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Let me quess, that will not work on a 2011??
Old 01-08-2011, 06:48 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
Take a look here for some common acronyms.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...97#post2751897

A list of hardparts will depend on just what route you want to take on the deletes.

Now where to get those parts is easy. While there are many a fine store on the web, my favorite is right here.

http://www.dodge-diesel.org/

Any thing you need can be had in the DTR store, and if you dont see it just ask, more that likely they can get it for you.
Good info. The delete kits are here more specifically...

http://www.dodge-diesel.org/egranddpfde.html

But as you said, we carry tons of stuff and if you can't find it, then call Lary at 877-375-1956. Please don't be calling in the middle of the night on a weekend though
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
RSD
Muted User

Originally Posted by New2Diesel
Let me quess, that will not work on a 2011??
Yes you can do the deletes on a 2011. At this time the only tuning avaliable is from H&S performance.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Blake, this is my first post and question. I must admit I didn't read all the posts in here so I wanted to ask you just what do the deletes do? I have decent power but really crummy mileage. Will the deletes help with any of this? Thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 12:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ramafication
Blake, this is my first post and question. I must admit I didn't read all the posts in here so I wanted to ask you just what do the deletes do? I have decent power but really crummy mileage. Will the deletes help with any of this? Thanks
The deletes will remove the EGR systems ability to allow exhaust gas into the air intake steam, significantly cleaning up the air going in creating better combustion due to a cooler more dense air masss going in. the exhaust system deletes will remove some or all (depending on which route you chose to go with replacement of the exhaust system) of the emissions components in the exhaust. the DPF and NOX canisters are a must to remove in search of added mileage with these trucks. either a Smarty or H&S programmer will allow the code free removal of these components and allow you to add no power, a little power or insane power depending on which tune you load into the ECM and help with the crummy mileage that plagues thse trucks.
Hope it helps a little bit

I know I gained a lot of mileage when i did the deletes not that long ago and will never go back unless absoltely nessesary
Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
before i answered that i should have asked........ does the EPA have an office in tucson?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ramafication
Originally Posted by 2006BLKMegacab
The deletes will remove the EGR systems ability to allow exhaust gas into the air intake steam, significantly cleaning up the air going in creating better combustion due to a cooler more dense air masss going in. the exhaust system deletes will remove some or all (depending on which route you chose to go with replacement of the exhaust system) of the emissions components in the exhaust. the DPF and NOX canisters are a must to remove in search of added mileage with these trucks. either a Smarty or H&S programmer will allow the code free removal of these components and allow you to add no power, a little power or insane power depending on which tune you load into the ECM and help with the crummy mileage that plagues thse trucks.
Hope it helps a little bit

I know I gained a lot of mileage when i did the deletes not that long ago and will never go back unless absoltely nessesary
This....

But, do yourself and read the info. It will give you a bunch of insight to the Bluetec system.

I think.....
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM

I did the deletes and then dynoed my truck.

It is a 6 speed with 123k miles.

It made 415 hp and 910 ft lbs with only 4" exhaust (including muffler) and smarty on Catcher level 7. I am on the stock replacement type clutch so I didn't go higher.

Torque peaked at 2k which is close to where the pulls started and hp peaked around 2700 rpm.

This was on Bean's Diesel's dyno.

The only thing I noticed that has me concerned is that the truck shakes quite a bit more when I turn it off. It didn't have any before but shakes worse than one of my 7.3s now.

I will try to post some video soon, but until then, anybody else had this experience?

Otherwise the truck is very strong.

Haven't driven enough miles to be sure how much of an improvement I am getting mileage wise.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Thats some good numbers. I hope to see the same on my '11
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM

I am the new owner of a bone stock 08, auto. I plan to do the full deletes (no emissions testing whatsoever here) with a 5 in stainless exhaust with muffler. I had a straight pipe on my 01 and it was too loud for me.

Question is: Are there ANY negative effects to the TRUCK from doing these deletes? Any of the trucks functions gonna change? Thought i seen something about the intake heater light not working on the dash after the delete of the EGR..

Also truck has 97k. Is it possible to wait till the dash lights up with emissions issues to get the delete done? I will be having it done by a Professional Diesel Shop because I have no time.. Will i be able to drive the truck 200 miles to the shop after the dash lights up?

Sorry for the rambling im just kinda spooked about the cash I dropped on this thing and dont want any unforseen problems. Im not looking for big power, just enough to pull my jeep and camper and not have a miserable drive. Bottom line is I cannot afford not to have a stone dead reliable pickup.. Thanks guys.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 AM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by xjrev10
I am the new owner of a bone stock 08, auto. I plan to do the full deletes (no emissions testing whatsoever here) with a 5 in stainless exhaust with muffler. I had a straight pipe on my 01 and it was too loud for me.

Question is: Are there ANY negative effects to the TRUCK from doing these deletes? Any of the trucks functions gonna change? Thought i seen something about the intake heater light not working on the dash after the delete of the EGR..

Also truck has 97k. Is it possible to wait till the dash lights up with emissions issues to get the delete done? I will be having it done by a Professional Diesel Shop because I have no time.. Will i be able to drive the truck 200 miles to the shop after the dash lights up?

Sorry for the rambling im just kinda spooked about the cash I dropped on this thing and dont want any unforseen problems. Im not looking for big power, just enough to pull my jeep and camper and not have a miserable drive. Bottom line is I cannot afford not to have a stone dead reliable pickup.. Thanks guys.
Do the deletes and programmers and you will have a better than new truck. No worries at all. If you want to drive it until the lights come on and then delete you will really be kicking yourself after you finally get it done. The truck is good as is, and absolutely great with the deletes.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 AM

Listen to mega! he's right!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 AM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I second the opinion of MEGA. I performed the deletes with less than 5000 miles on my 2011. Thus reducing the total amount of grabage consumed by the engine. Truck runs like a dream, code free, and oil still looks clean after several hundred miles.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 PM

Talking got Smarty

Got my Smarty JR today can't wait to get it done

Quick Reply: Deleting the 6.7: A guide to making it run right!