3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

xzt, factory program vs. stacking program

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xzt, factory program vs. stacking program

A friend of mine has an 06 dodge cummins pre june build with an edge Juice/Attitude. He is thinking of buying the XZT to stack with it. If he sends the XZT in to get the stacking program (basically no timing) will it still produce 65 hp?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by bluebull
A friend of mine has an 06 dodge cummins pre june build with an edge Juice/Attitude. He is thinking of buying the XZT to stack with it. If he sends the XZT in to get the stacking program (basically no timing) will it still produce 65 hp?
No. Quad says about 50hp. I've dynoed it with the Hot Juice and it was exactly 50hp.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 AM

i would say yes ..mine did .. actually with that stack you'll see alot more .. if you look at my sig that hp rating is the j/a stacked with the quad box .. and my j/a isn't the hot upgrade either ... those two boxes play very , very nice together !!! i couldn't be happier .. no CEL'S no troubles so far .. i usually don't have the quad stacked all the time .. just when i want to play !!

Gary
Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

Thanks for the replys. He's not looking for big HP numbers anyhow, wants to see if he can gain more MPG. Maybe running level 1/1 on the juice along with the XZT will get him what he's looking for.

The question was geared more towards figuring out how much pressure vs. how much timing. Looks like mostly pressure from the XZT. Only loose approx. 15 hp when there is no timing involved. maybe I'am missing a point here also, if I am please someone enlighten me.

Another question.
Anyone running the Juice/Attitude with the factory (regular) programming on the XZT? Any problems of any kind?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the replys. He's not looking for big HP numbers anyhow, wants to see if he can gain more MPG. Maybe running level 1/1 on the juice along with the XZT will get him what he's looking for.

The question was geared more towards figuring out how much pressure vs. how much timing. Looks like mostly pressure from the XZT. Only loose approx. 15 hp when there is no timing involved. maybe I'am missing a point here also, if I am please someone enlighten me.

Another question.
Anyone running the Juice/Attitude with the factory (regular) programming on the XZT? Any problems of any kind?
The standard xzt programming will not work with the Juice. Actually, it's the other way around. The xzt confuses the Juice. the truck runs crappy, dies and doesn't like to start.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

I've been running this through my head and trying to figure out a way to type this but it keeps coming up sounding stupid. So I'll just say why would it confuse the juice/Attitude?

How about plugging the XZT into the sensor first? I could see maybe it confusing the Juice/Attitude but I would think the Juice/Attitude would only read lower boost from the XZT. This I would think would allow the Juice to fuel more to bring boost back up.
Plugging the Juice/Attitude first might cause problems due to the Juice keeping the boost signal low to the XZT thereby the XZT compensating or readjusting the boost thereby confusing the juice and trying to readjust all the time.

I don't know. Some one educate me.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:51 PM

I don't know why. Quad doesn't even know why. I tried the harness both ways. Trust me, it does not work.