3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

x2 download tune problem???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy x2 download tune problem???

awhile ago there was a couple of guys with xp that were having issues getting the program to recognize the module,i was one of them,it work fine on mydads desktop but i cant get it to work for the life of me on my laptop,did u guys get it workin at all??im ready to snappppppp
Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 PM

Never got it to work on my laptop. Finally got it to load on a Dell desk top. I am not sure of the reason it would not work with a laptop. I tried several different ways. Talk to Quadzilla several times. He sent me an email with the tune as an attachment then I needed to change the name of the attachment to open it. Could not get the name to change.....
Old 12-15-2007, 10:21 PM

I also had to use my desktop. Not enough power at the Laptop USB port to power the Quad box. I'm going to try a remote powered USB Hub on my laptop the next time I reload my Quad box.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:16 PM

I hooked the module up to the truck so it would get power from the truck. Turned the key on and pluged into my laptop with USB cable and into module and tried to update that way. Laptop would still not update.......
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 AM

weird,so the guys that are getting it to work are using a dektop?wonder if it will work with vista yet,i have a vista laptop too
Old 12-16-2007, 10:43 AM
HOV

1. You guys need to make sure you have the Microsoft .net framework installed on your computers.

2. The file should be an executable (have a .exe extension). If it doesn't, you need to use the command prompt to fix it. Here's how: save the file to a directory you know (like c, navigate there using command prompt (command prompt is in the start menu under accessories), and use a DOS command to rename the file. The DOS command goes like this:

ren xztfile._xe xztfile.exe

notes:
ren means "rename"
xztfile._xe is the name of the file you want to rename
xztfile.exe is the name of the file with the right extension

I dunno why some files are posted with a misnamed extension, but they are, and you can't use them without renaming them first.

The other trick you need to know is to run the program FIRST, THEN plug in the module. But I bet you guys aren't getting it to work because you don't have the .net framework installed. Try that first.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:46 AM

Got net framework on my laptop. The problem is when you plug the quad into the USB port, you get the connect tone (handshake) then after a few seconds, you hear a disconnect tone as if you unpluged the quad. Then the cycle starts again. Bottom line, the USB port on the laptop cannot communicate with the quad. I'm using a HP pavilion w/XP home edition. My Desktop has XP Pro and works every time. Maybe Quad needs to revisit their driver.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:36 PM
HOV

I also covered that problem:

Originally Posted by HOV
The other trick you need to know is to run the program FIRST, THEN plug in the module
Dunno why but you need to run the update program, then plug in the box once the program is running. Hope that helps.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:34 PM

Tried the Quad program on the Wifes Gateway Laptop and it works. Would like to try to reload the program on my HP laptop. No way to uninstall the Quad drivers that I can see except to use XP restore feature to a date prior to loading the Quad drivers. Think I'll just use the wifes machine.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:57 PM

If ya'll have 04.5 & up I wouldn't download those files anyways. I know they have updated them but they still are not right. Don't waste your time 'till they get it right.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:45 PM

I have downloaded files 3 or 4 times on my 05 and never had a problem. I think the files are fine.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hunter11
I have downloaded files 3 or 4 times on my 05 and never had a problem. I think the files are fine.
So your getting around 42lbs. of boost & your EGT's are not shooting thru the roof really quick?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:27 PM

Nevermind. You have the XZT. They R working fine.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:15 PM

I downloaded the race smoke file and updated the box so which power level is the update I put in on?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I disagree, have an 07 5.9 with the Std X2 box. Boost hits 40+ lbs and EGT's are not thru the roof. Have not taken a long trip yet but will next week and I am watching all parameters and so far no excessive EGT's until I use the 100 hp tune, then not excessive but can hit 1400 degrees under WOT fairly quick. I am running the mileage tune on setting 01 most of the time but have tried the others. Will not get a chance to try towing till mid April but plan on using the 03, 65hp tune (very close to the XZT box) though so if there are any problems I am not aware of, hopefully they will be corrected by then.

Quick Reply: x2 download tune problem???