3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who got DC to buy aftermarket TC

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who got DC to buy aftermarket TC

I am needing my 4th torque converter( the 1st 3 while the truck was stock). I know I've seen guys on here have DC pay for an aftermarket TC while the truck was still under factory warranty. I'm @ 32,000 mi. & I want DC to pay for a Goerend TC & I'll pay the difference because this one is shot, again. The dealership is willing to do it but I have to get it OK'ed from DC. For those of you that have done it, who do I talk to to make it happen. TIA
Old 01-23-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have never heard of DC using an aftermarket TC period. That dosen't make sense. Being that you have gone through 3 in 32,000 miles something is wrong with the tranny, weight being pulled, or your driving stile. Not bashing you or anything. Never heard of anyone having this much of a problem with a 48re tranny....
Old 01-23-2008, 04:48 PM

I have reciepts for about $10K in repairs just for my tranny(all kinds of different parts) all w/in 15K miles. I got a bunk tranny & DC says '70% at one time has to be broke to get a rebuilt unit'. It ain't me, it's the tranny. I know I've read of people having their dealership put in aftermarket & paying the diff..
Old 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM

See if your dealer will put you in touch with the area field rep, if they do (be nice) and let him know that if he agrees to cover it under whats call policy/ or good faith, you have assumed all warranty on the trans after that. So if he does think its you or what your towing he has an out, for all future claims.

I hope this helps
Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 PM

Dont think DC even has to clear it the local dealer did it for a friend awhile back he didnt even pay but like $300 dollars either
Old 01-23-2008, 06:32 PM

harold-packbrake, thanks, I might go that route. Cdoskocil9, can you find out how he went about doing it? I'll buy you some adult beverages!! Anybody else?
Old 01-23-2008, 07:35 PM

I can try to get in touch with the service manager and let you know
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by CDoskocil9
I can try to get in touch with the service manager and let you know
Thank you!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by LFD2037
I have to agree w/ DODGE4X4. I got my as a gift or else it would have been purchased thru DTR. Sorry, Larry, for speaking off the cuff on this one. 1,000 lashing for me.
You posted this on 9-13-2006 regarding a Quad XZT, so you dumped 3 trannys stock? Even 65hp can trash a stock tranny if abused.

I don't want to bash anyone, but why would DC be reponsible for your irresponsibility? I fail to see DC's responsibility here?????
Hey, I want DC to pay for my 03 that I blew up.... Think they'll cough it up?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Megaramasaur
You posted this on 9-13-2006 regarding a Quad XZT, so you dumped 3 trannys stock? Even 65hp can trash a stock tranny if abused.

I don't want to bash anyone, but why would DC be reponsible for your irresponsibility? I fail to see DC's responsibility here?????
Hey, I want DC to pay for my 03 that I blew up.... Think they'll cough it up?
I hardly see how adding 65 HP is irresponsible. I think a stock tranny should be able to handle that little bit of more power.

BTW: Where did you get his quote from??
Old 01-23-2008, 11:39 PM

Big brother must be watching you.. Put on your tinfoil hat. Everything that you have typed here will now be brought out by the, You play you pay police.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Banned

Facts are facts, guys. A 65hp chip is NOT stock.

I'm not saying the tranny shouldn't be able to handle it, but at least be honest enough to own up to having a chip.

At some point I think you need to look elsewhere for the cause of all these TC failures. It could be a bad VB that doesn't always hold pressure or even driver error. Not saying you're at fault, but something doesn't sound right.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 AM

I'm by no means the "you play you pay" police, and I've paid dearly for my past mods on my other trucks. And with my mods, if I drop a valve spring.... duh, it's my fault... if my stearing box goes out....guess what buddy.... IT'S MY FAULT... I put the lift on my truck with 35's... causing undue stress.
I agree that the trannies should handle a few extra HP, but you can tear up any tranny with 65hp.... do a few boosted launches....

don't get me wrong, I dislike dealers as much as the rest, and don't really care if someone gets one over on the dealer, but trying to get DC to pay for your damage and an aftermarket TC so you can play more, is just plain dishonest.
Whatever.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:20 PM

megaramasaurus, YES it was stock w/the first, second & mostly the 3rd one. I drove it like a grandpa & never yet have I done a boosted launch. I am a very honest person. I don't understand how you are contributing to this thread?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LFD I doubt hey will buy and aftermarket TC for you. But talk to them about you buying it and having them install it. You in turn would want the brand new TC to sell on ebay to make up the differences. But then you would really lose your warranty since they could say all problems in tranny and u joints could be casued by your TC. If you are having tranny issues and they will only fix then replace it. Then really romp on it when it starts to slip and do it in good so they have o fix it. I had same issue they adjusted bands and such 2 times. The third time it happened I waited out the winter off plowing and a few launches and presto new tranny in truck. Seems like its the only way to get a dealer to do anything in the past. but it seems now that they will do anything to make money at the dealer. They are hurting and I am suprised they are not looking for the bigger check from DC. But if the replace your tranny they have to send it back to DC for an inspection and they could end up eating the bill

Quick Reply: Who got DC to buy aftermarket TC