3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Whats The Fastest To Date

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats The Fastest To Date

Id like to know,whats the fastest truck that any of you guys know about thats a daily driver.Be a cummins,Durasmack or a powerjoke.Im just interested to see whos got the best 1/4 mile time and most hp.

Last edited by oil smell; 03-21-2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-20-2007, 11:45 PM

didnt know there was a "G" in the title of our motor.

I think theres a few 12v's in the 10's, these are pure race trucks, not DD's. No clue on the fastest DD, there are quite a few here that run low 12's.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 PM

The fastest common rail that I know of is Mike Drever out of Medicine Hat, he has been in the high 11's on motor, low 11's with a shot of nitrous. Should be in the 10's this year.

Wade at NGM Diesel is going pretty fast too, he isnt very far behind.

Kevin
Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 PM

There's some daily drivers out there that run 11's(cummins & duramax) that I know of...And yeah it's cummins not cummings, a common mistake on here that usually gets flamed just FYI.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by morkable
The fastest common rail that I know of is Mike Drever out of Medicine Hat, he has been in the high 11's on motor, low 11's with a shot of nitrous. Should be in the 10's this year.

Wade at NGM Diesel is going pretty fast too, he isnt very far behind.

Kevin

That was my first guess!!! You fellus up north are throwing down the numbers!!! I've followed mike's built for a while now... He has one sweet ride...

Shane

Kevin - Did you get a new truck???
Old 03-21-2007, 12:18 AM

Not yet, thinking about buying a new 6.7 mega dually. Then I can go a little wilder with mine.

Kevin
Old 03-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Banned

"daily driver" is such a misused term though.

there is a HUGE difference between "daily driver" and "street legal".

I think its safe to say that any truck with a cage (<11.49)shouldnt/cant be considered a "daily driver". Could it be street legal and street driven from time to time? Sure. "Daily driven" in the sense that us without second cars think of it? Not really.......
Old 03-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by natlchamp2k4
didnt know there was a "G" in the title of our motor.

I think theres a few 12v's in the 10's, these are pure race trucks, not DD's. No clue on the fastest DD, there are quite a few here that run low 12's.
Hey no offense to the guy, but for someone who has so much invested in his ride...you think he would have dropped the "G" a long time ago.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by duratothemax
"daily driver" is such a misused term though.

there is a HUGE difference between "daily driver" and "street legal".

I think its safe to say that any truck with a cage (<11.49)shouldnt/cant be considered a "daily driver". Could it be street legal and street driven from time to time? Sure. "Daily driven" in the sense that us without second cars think of it? Not really.......
A buddy of mine had a 1969 Plymouth GTX with a cage...they wouldn't let him run it at Sacramento with out it. A 3600 lb car...3900 with him in it, and it ran 11.4's. Oh he drove it to work every day for about 5 years.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 AM

the same ppl that say it with the "g" in there also say I have a chip on my dodge, that drives me nuts. its not a chip. its a box or a downloader/programmer, not a chip old fords get chipped. off the subject so im sure someone will flip out im highjacking the thread
Old 03-21-2007, 09:07 AM
KVD

The diesel power truck was in the high 11s (i think 11.70) and they said they drove it over 2000 miles durin the that week from texas to indiana.

Maybe not the same thing and not down in the cage area but still pretty fast.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:32 AM

I was told you dont need a cage til 10.5. I know that Mikes truck dosent have a cage yet, and he is real close to the 10's. And Matt Adams truck has run in the 10's with a 12 valve and he dosent have a cage yet, although both trucks are slated for cages..... Oh and Matt's truck was a daily driver with over 300 thousand miles on it, until he bought a newer duramax, (for the kids)

Kevin
Old 03-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Banned

what about maddogs truck. i no he runs 11s all day and i no he drives it all the time. there was a story on another diesel sight and was askin if it was a daily driver. he said not as much as it used to be then he told us how just the day before his wife used the truck to go get some stuff from the store. cant forget about that truck.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Banned

yes alright fine there are exceptions to the rule...madsen says he doesnt exactly "daily drive" his truck anymore.

10.5 to need a cage?!?! Its 11.49.

as I said, anything that doesnt have a cage (11.5 or higher) can realistically be called a daily driver. You have to take it with a grain of salt when people say they have a 10 or low 11 second "daily driver". I mean come on, if you had a truck with $$$$$ invested in it, runs low 11's, caged, would YOU daily drive it, rain, snow, tow, work? I dont think so, I know I wouldnt. Especially with a 12valve, because you cant flick a switch and get a streetable tune.

I think many guys like to brag that their insane trucks are daily drivers when in reality its maybe a "sunny day/weekend vehicle".

just my oppinion.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by duratothemax
yes alright fine there are exceptions to the rule...madsen says he doesnt exactly "daily drive" his truck anymore.

10.5 to need a cage?!?! Its 11.49.

as I said, anything that doesnt have a cage (11.5 or higher) can realistically be called a daily driver. You have to take it with a grain of salt when people say they have a 10 or low 11 second "daily driver". I mean come on, if you had a truck with $$$$$ invested in it, runs low 11's, caged, would YOU daily drive it, rain, snow, tow, work? I dont think so, I know I wouldnt. Especially with a 12valve, because you cant flick a switch and get a streetable tune.

I think many guys like to brag that their insane trucks are daily drivers when in reality its maybe a "sunny day/weekend vehicle".

just my oppinion.

The track up here specifies 10.49 = cage, a guy with his cyclone daily driver got booted from the track for running 2 consecutive 10.2's, he now has a cage. Mikes truck doesnt have a cage, and neither does matts, but they will need them this year as i have heard that they both are aiming for cage territory!!

As for daily driver...my definition is someone who drives it too get his groceries and drives too the track. Mike and matt do both these things, just because a truck CAN run 10's or 11's, doesnt mean its set up like that on the street!! (adjustable boxes!!)

Quick Reply: Whats The Fastest To Date