3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

What fuel system upgrade would you buy.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a GDP 392 system on mine. I love it. Plus, I've had a few questions and Richard was always there to help. He's a really cool guy.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:59 AM

the mechanical pump seems the way to go but unless you know someone they are expensive
Old 09-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Great_big_juan
Ok boyz, that was posted to stimulate a little conversational pro's and con's because I dont know beans about lift pumps and their installation. It still seems awfully high if the walbro only cost $100 dollars.

Regards, Chuck

Walbro is like $119 for JUST the pump, you still need bypass vavle, mounting hardware, adapter for where you will remove the stock Lift Pump , etc...it will end up costing you @ $350. I LOVE my Walbro!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by matego
That loud growling pump goes with the ceramic clutch clatter and strait exhaust..
You must be one of them "young guns" I remember when I loved teh sound of all of that too...not any more! I am getting ready to ditch my Magnaflow muff for a quieter one Getting old I am
Old 09-23-2007, 10:45 AM

nothing wrong with wanting a comfortable and queit ride but in IMO if a fuel pump is to loud then you need to be looking into a tundra or titan, we all know diesels have a long rep of being loud and while they have gotten alot better they still dont have a chance in that dep. compaired to a nice gasser. even a stock exst system on the cummins at cruise speed you will not hear the fass running but like i said before if you got some serous mods chances are you got a big est system and you are not going to hear anytype of pump running
Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by SSminnow
You must be one of them "young guns" I remember when I loved teh sound of all of that too...not any more! I am getting ready to ditch my Magnaflow muff for a quieter one Getting old I am
If its too loud, you are too old!

I love the sound of a 24v VP44 clanging. You cant even carry a converation with someone with the windows down.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
Man I am like you but I still cant make my mind up I really like the FASS and the Walbro....but I kinda wanna try the Mitusa style pump.........
And the Mitusa has a bigger pump if needed!!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:12 PM

where can you find any really good info on the Mitusa style pump??
Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
The ONE thing that makes me nervous about the FASS in not being able to buy a pump in and emergency...knowing I can get a Walbro pump at the parts store is a big plus....I really like the water separator and BIG filters on the FASS too.... if FASS went bad you would almost HAVE to be towed to the next town....if the walbro went bad you hitch a ride to the next town and pick one up......it's a tough call I think
I think you have some bad info. That was one of the deciding factors when I was looking to upgarde the fuel system. You can buy an extra FASS pump if you want, and yes they are more expensive. I also seriously doubt that you can get a walbro pump at any old corner store. Bottom line is that if your system breaks, you're dead in the water no matter if it's a FASS or a GDP unless you have an extra pump.

These fuel system threads are starting to go the way of the transmission and oil war threads. People seem to have this burning desire to convince others that what they use is the best and they take it personal if you don't agree.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by coolslice
I think you have some bad info. That was one of the deciding factors when I was looking to upgarde the fuel system. You can buy an extra FASS pump if you want, and yes they are more expensive. I also seriously doubt that you can get a walbro pump at any old corner store. Bottom line is that if your system breaks, you're dead in the water no matter if it's a FASS or a GDP unless you have an extra pump.

These fuel system threads are starting to go the way of the transmission and oil war threads. People seem to have this burning desire to convince others that what they use is the best and they take it personal if you don't agree.

good point....and yes I think I have been misinformed...I tried all day to look for a GSL-392 walbro pump at all the local parts stores...they looked at me like I was crazy all they wanted to know was what year car/truck the pump came off of...and the GSL-392 part number does not cross...I even tried Napa no luck
Old 09-23-2007, 08:36 PM

I put a BD on my 01 it had about 15 psi but only lasted a year. I upgraded to a fass 150 and have had no complaints 16 psi and running strong. I cant even hear it run over the exaust.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by heykw
I put a BD on my 01 it had about 15 psi but only lasted a year. I upgraded to a fass 150 and have had no complaints 16 psi and running strong. I cant even hear it run over the exaust.
You put the BD Aux pump on?? So I am guessing the pump went out, what kind of warranty did it have?
Old 09-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Am I missing something???

Originally Posted by Cloride
You put the BD Aux pump on?? So I am guessing the pump went out, what kind of warranty did it have?
I see all these advertisments for these hi dollar fuel pump kits like fass and gdp but I dont see them bragging about any warranty. If there products are so superior you'd think they would be hyping some kind of warranty.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Great_big_juan
I see all these advertisments for these hi dollar fuel pump kits like fass and gdp but I dont see them bragging about any warranty. If there products are so superior you'd think they would be hyping some kind of warranty.
FASS has a 6 year warranty I believe...that's pretty good imho
I don't know if the GDP kits have a warranty???

Edit...yep 6 year...http://www.dieselpp.com/
Old 09-23-2007, 09:08 PM

What lift pump

I've experimented a bit with a couple lift pumps. Like with most things,.. all lift pumps are not created equal. I say buy based on your needs/mods to sufficiently fuel your rig for now and the future.

I'm going Mitusa. 275gph!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What fuel system upgrade would you buy.