3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

tst on a stock truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tst on a stock truck

i am considering getting a TST for my truck. Right now it has the stock turbo and the stock clutch. The only parts that i think I need to be woried about failing on me. How will this work for my application. Which powerpup would be a good stack, the standard or the crazy larry. my guess is the Crazy Larry because it ha s a little more pressure. I know i cant use all of the power that this setup is capable of making, but what would be a good way to put it together, with all of the various power levels and all. Also, will the TST produce more smoke than the Powerpup, how much smoke will they make stacked. Thanks in advance
Old 08-04-2005, 06:25 PM

Crazy Larry will kill your stock clutch and turbo asap. I can't imagine why you would want to stack anything else in there till you do the priority upgrades...turbo first for you then clutch...then have at it with the TST. I have been hearing that the BDDL and the TST stack is a tad much timing. Try a Ramifier/TST or Ramifier?BDDL and with the right turbo and clutch and you will be in the 500's safely.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:22 PM

well i was considering putting them on there lower settings to maybe get a good power/mialage ratio
Old 08-04-2005, 10:53 PM

the TST alone can give you more than your stock components can handle. You should not be worrying about stacking until you have a new turbo and clutch. I'm seeing more TST / Edge EZ stacks than any of the others.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:17 PM

TST by itself on lower settings roasted the tranny in my daughters 04 AUTO. Twins didn't help the tranny much either.

Check Out Don M's box for a stack when you get your tranny/clutch and Twins.

Daughters truck put out 525/997 the other day with only 4PSi of fuel. Turbonetics twin setup,TST, Don M's programable box, Suncoast Tranny.

Have fun

James
Old 08-05-2005, 05:32 AM

cldl,the one you have,and tst the one coming off today,made 520 with the the tst on 8/6 and cldl on larry.timing rattle was there but not to bad for a dyno or occasional race.however the best set up i have found is the larry,tst 5/5 and power play cranked up wide open for track or dyno,makes sme to better hp no timing rattle.plus the larry and the tst on 5/5 is a great day to day driver.you could always remove the timing from the tst as well....
Old 08-05-2005, 08:04 AM

TST on 3/1 smoked my stock clutch, I could slip it at will!! That is with the other minor mods I have . My truck will fly now on level 5/3 with a fair amount of smoke, I haven't got the nerve (or need) yet to try higher. Towing on 2/2 is great as long as I keep an eye on my EGT's, have not had to back down yet but I'm sure the trip to Richmond VA in Sept will make me back it down when I get in the hills.