3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TST PMCR R49 vs. BDTD 06

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST PMCR R49 vs. BDTD 06

I am wondering if anyone has been able to dial in a few “sweet spots” regarding the settings for a 06.

It seems to me that I have been unable to achieve anything close to my old Bully Dog setup with the Crazy Larry tune.

I have no interest in stacking them, and supposed with the different settings including the pressure and timing, I would be able to match or even surpass the Crazy Larry.

Has anyone been able to dial in the TST?

Thanks,
Old 12-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Dont own a TST. I decided to not jump on the band wagon. But I deffinatly think larrys freakin crazy. You should bring him back and let him freak out on your motor. Everyone says that tst,smarty, is the way to go but look at luken who uses larry and has freakish HP with little mods. Something like 650. I dont think you will get better power than larry.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:30 PM

C.L. IS Crazy

I agree that the Crazy Larry is the Bomb, however I hope to be able to dial in the TST. Could always stack the two...the is insane.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:47 PM

crazy larry

Luken runs a tst and crazy larry.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BB

With your mods you can run them stacked and probably find a better combination for both daily driving and all out power. I know with my mods that TST, BDTD or Smarty will not provide the optimum power and effeciency when used alone. The TST by itself with so many different combinations of settings just takes quite bit of time to dial in. With the BDTD or Smarty with torque management relief you can dial in low end throttle response without having to over fuel as much as with the TST alone. Just my .02.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:18 PM

Black Beast have you tried the HOT juice on the Smarty? Im planning on it as soon as it gets here in the mail. Havnt ordered it yet because the ATM decided it wanted to see what my debit card tasted like and now, workin outta state, I have to wait on the temp card to get here. Luckily there are no US banks here in PA. Im one of the luckiest guys I know.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Banned

Whats the difference besides 10HP and timing on the TST and the Edge attitude. I will not believe that the smarty is stronger than larry and if it is I dont want it. One thing I have learned is electronic power is not nearly as good as bolt on. With that said I will no longer try to squeeze every last horsepower out of my motor doing it electronically. If my boxes make 10-20HP less than some other combo I will go out and get bigger injectors. Im not to fond of programmers or tuners anymore but we still need them. The larry is crazy power I would not want anything stonger out of a programmer. How can you tune the BDDL. I thought you just pick a setting.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:37 PM

Im sorry I dont get to visit the site as much as I used to. Did you get burned on the smarty or are you just tired of the "latest and greatest" game that goes around? I have seen as many problems with both in the last year or so. I guess Ill just take it with a grain of salt.

Sorry BuildingBoost no 06 to gauge it off. You just dont like stacks or you just tryin to stay as stock as possible? BTW I have read that the Smarty is the hardest to detect, they say "impossible", if you remove the program before you go in.