3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TST MP-8 Dyno number

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST MP-8 Dyno number

I think we have major rail pressure problems. With the tst on 5 hp te 2 and mp-8 we dynoed 358 hp, and 716 tq. This was on my brothers truck its an 03 with a gdp fuel pump and aftermarket intake. Stock turbo and stock 6 speed clutch. I took the boxes off my truck and we installed them along with the gdp today. I have a video of the run but there was no smoke what so ever at wot. The only differences between my truck and my brothers is that I have drilled my banjos and did the cp3 mod, and i cant even come close to cleaning up the smoke at wot. Also my fuel pressure is around 30 at idle and his is only about 22 psi. Also there were a couple 04 dodges with attitudes that dynoed right at 400. What do you guys think. Going into the dyno today i thought that the clutch would be the real deciding factor, since its stock, but it didnt slip at all. Im sure its rail pressure but why. Alot of guys run stock cp3's and dyno way more than that. I was expecting somewhere between 450 and 500 hp from what ive read (depending on the clutch). What do you guys think?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:04 PM

PS it was a mustang dyno.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:42 PM

I have heard that the mustang dynos can give a wide range of #s and are not very consistant with the #s they put out , with regards to the tst and mp8 I actually lost tq and hp across the board with the mp8 on. I turned it off hp and tq up again the weird thing is that when i turned it on I could see the rail pressure increase which is what its supposed to do but yet it killed the power , and only increased the smoke but not power ! I think something may not be right with it .I know some others that have had the mp8 not work well . I do know there are lots of people running them and it works great for some . however so far my results with mp8 have been bad.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:10 PM

I wish we had the rail gauge he order, but its backordered for awhile. The thing that seems really funny is that two other dodges with attitudes were around 400, and two days before that I ran a guy with an attitude on an 05 and i killed him. I even have 35 inch tires. My brothers truck still has stock tires and i brought the boxes off my truck, and he dynoed 50 hp less than the attitude truck.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:21 PM

Cap the fuel rail. Search fuel rail cap then re dyno.....I bet you that rail is not holding any pressure!

Richard
Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM

No Smoke = no excess fuel. What were boost levels? On a stock truck.....rail drains with TST alone when the TE settings are raised. Since HP peaks at 2900 or so ...there was probably no fuel left to make hp. Do you have a graph. Rail pressure is good but if the injectors aren't opening up enough to let the fuel out ...you won't make the power. So many things can screw up when you dyno...ks
Old 06-09-2007, 10:21 PM

I think boost was only around 26 psi. TE was set at 2. On the way home we ran the tst on 2hp and 1te and there was a haze of smoke, nothing durring the dyno run. I do have a graph but no way to post it till monday. Isnt durration what keeps the injectors open. Do you guys think he may have a bad relief valve?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Banned

From my experience with the TST, it really takes a few days worth of driving for it to start working correctly. Example....hook it up, go for a run. More power for sure, no rattle. drive an hour or more, then suddenly power is up more and I had timing rattle. I have personally experienced this. I remember reading you installed the TST today.

I've also had 2 bad MP8's.

good luck to ya finding the problems.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OldSmokey
I think boost was only around 26 psi. TE was set at 2. On the way home we ran the tst on 2hp and 1te and there was a haze of smoke, nothing durring the dyno run. I do have a graph but no way to post it till monday. Isnt durration what keeps the injectors open. Do you guys think he may have a bad relief valve?

That boost seems really low to me?? There are alot of guys on here who have more experience than me but my stock truck will make more boost than that with out the boost fooler. With the fooler and a SC it makes 43-45psi. Sound like hes not getting fuel???
Old 06-10-2007, 03:01 AM

We only had about 30 miles worth of driving with the tst on. The thing that i find funny is that everything worked fine on my truck when I took it off on Thursday night. As far as boost the stock 305's dont boost as much as the 325 motors, but it should be way more than 26. I just cant figure out why were not getting fuel.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldSmokey
We only had about 30 miles worth of driving with the tst on. The thing that i find funny is that everything worked fine on my truck when I took it off on Thursday night. As far as boost the stock 305's dont boost as much as the 325 motors, but it should be way more than 26. I just cant figure out why were not getting fuel.
Did you guys modify the waste gate on his truck (boost elbow)? did you use a boost fooler? If the answer is no then you will not see anything higher on the boost pressure until these things are done.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 PM

No not on either trucks, but mine will usually tun around 32 or so even with the wastegate open.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:20 PM

When I had my stock charger I was hitting 40psi briefly every time I ran it hard. That was stacked with my programmer though. Something is amiss somewhere IMO.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:24 PM

well I put a tst on today with my smarty and im pretty dissapointed. the crew at tst has been good to me but the box is making my rig miss out and other issues. I plan to get a bigger turbo soon and maybe the mp8. I have a stage 2 pump already thought that would take care of the rail issues but it didnt. thats exactly what my trk does like posted above turn the torque up it gets worse. Ive seen an 05 with a tst stacked with a power pup only dynoed 406/1096tq. this was stock turbo/injectors/cp3
Old 06-10-2007, 05:20 PM

That is wierd Jesse. Did it add any power at all that you could feel?

Quick Reply: TST MP-8 Dyno number