3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Tst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: This is not intended to be flaming, this is sharing experience. I don't want this to happen to anyone else...ever again.

Ok had issues on my truck, wouldnt even idle right. never really has worked well since day 1 with the module. It worked but not in line with what everyone else talks about. I had a heck of a time getting a hold of TST....took 3 days. finally got a hold of the owner who had to ask someone else what to tell me.....Mark said ship it in, they would look at it.

Yesterday morning I get a phone call from TST but i missed the call while i was in the shower. (they did not leave a voicemail) Immediately called them back...NO answer. tried again later...no answer.

Yesterday credit card company calls with "suspicious charges." TST slapped $55 on me WITHOUT my permission! I call TST imediately....ofcourse, they are closed. I get on every voicemail i can that says call me ASAP!!!!

just got off the phone with Natalia at TST.

my questions:

1) How can you charge me without my permission?

A: We had your credit card number on file.

2) From a YEAR ago?

A: yea i guess so

3) how in the world can you charge me whatever you like and not get permission?

A: Sorry.

4) What in the world was wrong with my module to begin with?

A: Danny says he checked everything out and its fine...injector harness was good, timing harness was good,

5) THIS IS NO TIMING HARNESS ON MY R47!!!! What are you talking about?

A: uhh I don't know. let me ask someone....

6) Whats this charge and why was i billed?

A: the module was reflashed with the latest software and because you knew it was out of warranty, you were charged.

7) I was never told it was out of warranty, i was told to send it in and yall would look at it.

A: oh well yea its out of warranty so we were gonna charge ya $55 no matter what just to look at it.

8) yea charge me no matter what without my permission...sure. Ok, Where is my module?

A: we shipped it out yesterday.

9) monitor with it? (monitor was mailed in seperately...long story.)

A: I have no idea....i would have to transfer you to Danny in tech.

10) transfer me away then...but wait. Why don't you credit the $55 charge to my credit card?

A: If I did, i would have to hold the shipping and have it brought back to us.

11) Ok whatever, you lose anyway. I will never own a TST product again and my module will be sold as soon as i get it back. Transfer me to Danny so i can talk to him about my monitor please.....(wait on the line for a couple of minutes listening to their lovely choice of music)

A: This is Danny. how may i help you?

12) my name is....my module was there.....Where is my monitor?

A: I didn't receive it so i assumed you had a manual waste gate on your 05.

13) 05's don't have manual wastegates, compadre!

A: Well i thought you would have installed our boost elbow kit on your truck.

14) No...its an 05...Electronic waste gate...

A: Oh then i need to flash your monitor too and we're gonna have to charge ya.

15) Do what? forget that...just send it back to me. By chance on your part I have a manual waste gate on my bigger turbo. So let me guess, you are gonna bill me for the shipping back without my permission too?

A: well Natalia should call you...i was standing behind her the whole time you were talking to her before. I'll let her know you refuse this charge.

16) I did not refuse this charge...but atleast call me first.

A: Ok we'll call and tell you the amount.

17) NO, how bout you call and ask if its ok to bill my credit card at all?

A: Well i guess we can cover this charge.

18) Ok whatever, send me stuff back to me. You have a good day.

A: Ok we'll send it.

so theres my experience with TST. I hope yall have better luck with them than i did.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:57 AM

Wow....This may change my mind on getting one of their modules
Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 AM

Sounds like some really bad customer service all around.

Put me on the list for avoiding them....

Oh, and dispute the charges on your card, after you get it back. If you talk to a manager, and tell them they are unauthorized charges theyll fix it for you.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 AM

I know that there is alot of guys on this forum that swear by tst, but I know that there wasnt ever, and now definately never, going to be one on my truck. Barry at NADP, did extensive testing with the TST (over a year) because he really wanted it to work. The biggest thing he would find is that after he would find that he got it finally dialed in, he would get some real nice HP numbers, and then he would go to the track, and it would run slower, then he would go back to the dyno, and find out that after a week it would lose 20hp. He kept on going through this process, til he finally gave up. For whatever reason the ecm seems to learn (adaptive learning) what the tst does to the engine, I cant explain why, just seems to be. And I would doubt that you would even notice it unless you were running on the track and dynoing it alot to be able to check it. Since Barry has changed over to his present stack (ppe and dr performance) he hasnt ran into those problems anymore. And I am willing to bet that he has some of the fastest common rails around

Kevin
Old 02-23-2007, 10:59 AM

Great customer service here!!! I run a 2nd gen TST Powermax 3 Comp and love it. I know they are 2 way different box's but like Kevin said, the 3rd gen trucks learn this box and numbers keep dropping???? Weird thing but they have treated me well when I needed to order accessories and such...
Old 02-23-2007, 11:11 AM

I know that JohnP runs their product and likes it a lot.....Which does mean a lot. For him to place it on his truck it has to be tested and tried........
Old 02-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Banned

I agree. That's pretty sheisty. When I sent mine in to be upgraded to a COMP I didn't have near the experience you did. They called me before they charged me and made sure I wanted the comp upgrade and gave me the tracking number etc. Really pleasant to talk to. Not to mention that I got them on the first phone call. Sorry you had that kinda service out of them.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:28 AM

973604x4 Sorry to hear about you TST. i know the feeling just sell it take a beating on it and get something differnt.They used to be differnt dont know what happen from the 05 to current models just lost there drive on the product.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
My experiences with the ENTIRE STAFF @ "TST Products" has ALWAYS been excellent! I have never had a problem that Mark Chapple, Gina, Natalie or any of their staff have not been able to solve! I have used their products since 1997, having bought their fuel curve torque plates for my 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve, their TST PM 3 Fueling Module for my 2002, and now the brand new TST PM 3 CR with the R-49 and all related past programs for my new 2006!

No offense, but I disagree with DTR Member "morkable" and the findings by NADP on the TST PM 3 Modules. There are too many of our DTR diesel crew running them out here with fantastic results both on repeated dyno run testing with different trucks AND on the dragstrip where a bunch of different types of fueling modules have been run and compared with the TST boxes. FWIW, our testing and racing has shown something much different than what NADP has found!

---------------
973604X4:

I am sorry you have had some problems with your TST Products. But, my suggestion to you is to call and speak personally with Mark Chapple ASAP and explain to HIM what has happened! I feel that Mark will be happy to help you solve the problems you have had. He is the owner of TST and by speaking with him you have the man who designed the product, runs the company and can most likely solve these problems for you.

---------------
Gentleman, this thread is not going to turn into a product bashing session.

--------
John_P
Old 02-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

When you call TST there is different extensions for 2nd gen guys than there is for the 3rd gen power max.....hopefully the 2nd gen guys at TST are nicer!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:32 AM

I have done business with TST for 5 years and have never had any problems.
It sounds like someone has lost the personal side in the customer service area. This is common in a growing business, but it also sounds like you may have caused some issue`s yourself.
1. By not defining the complete terms, procedures, costs and processes.
You allowed them to make decisions for you.
Never and I mean never send anything to anyone without defining the terms first. Now your upset because they did take liberties with your situation and applied automatic charges on your card, but remember your dealing with two different departments and the billing department will do things if someone has a work order to do so.
I would just relax a little, get the box back and see if it works correctly for you. Then call them back and see what can be sorted out, if anything.
This happens quite often to people that do not define terms and conditions before hand. I`m not blaming anyone with this post, but it`s a onesided view on your part that we are reading. This type of situation is all to common. Using better judgement, clarification, and good communication is the key element in long distance business.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by John_P
---------------
973604X4:

I am sorry you have had some problems with your TST Products. But, my suggestion to you is to call and speak personally with Mark Chapple ASAP and explain to HIM what has happened! I feel that Mark will be happy to help you solve the problems you have had. He is the owner of TST and by speaking with him you have the man who designed the product, runs the company and can most likely solve these problems for you.

---------------

--------
John_P
I did talk to Mark originally...he told me to send it in for them to look at. I had some questions that he could not answer and had to put me on hold to ask someone else. I just left a voicemail for Mark.

I do not want a bashing session, but i want to let everyone know of my experience. i wouldn't want someone else to go through the same thing when i could have warned someone ahead of time.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrDiesel
1. By not defining the complete terms, procedures, costs and processes.
You allowed them to make decisions for you.
Never and I mean never send anything to anyone without defining the terms first. Now your upset because they did take liberties with your situation and applied automatic charges on your card, but remember your dealing with two different departments and the billing department will do things if someone has a work order to do so.
When i sent the module off, i included a typed out paper stating the problems and for someone to contact me when it was figured out. I included cell phone number, email, every possible way to get a hold of me. I got 1 missed phone call and $55 slapped on my account.

The only way i did not define terms was with Mark....he said send it in for them to look at...I assumed (yes i know what that of makes you and me) that since he did not mention a charge that there wouldn't be a charge.

How is it legal to charge someones credit card without authorization? thats theft, brotha!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by 973604x4
Note: This is not intended to be flaming, this is sharing experience. I don't want this to happen to anyone else...ever again.

Ok had issues on my truck, wouldnt even idle right. never really has worked well since day 1 with the module. It worked but not in line with what everyone else talks about. I had a heck of a time getting a hold of TST....took 3 days. finally got a hold of the owner who had to ask someone else what to tell me.....Mark said ship it in, they would look at it.

Yesterday morning I get a phone call from TST but i missed the call while i was in the shower. (they did not leave a voicemail) Immediately called them back...NO answer. tried again later...no answer.

Yesterday credit card company calls with "suspicious charges." TST slapped $55 on me WITHOUT my permission! I call TST imediately....ofcourse, they are closed. I get on every voicemail i can that says call me ASAP!!!!

just got off the phone with Natalia at TST.

my questions:

1) How can you charge me without my permission?

A: We had your credit card number on file.

2) From a YEAR ago?

A: yea i guess so

3) how in the world can you charge me whatever you like and not get permission?

A: Sorry.

4) What in the world was wrong with my module to begin with?

A: Danny says he checked everything out and its fine...injector harness was good, timing harness was good,

5) THIS IS NO TIMING HARNESS ON MY R47!!!! What are you talking about?

A: uhh I don't know. let me ask someone....

6) Whats this charge and why was i billed?

A: the module was reflashed with the latest software and because you knew it was out of warranty, you were charged.

7) I was never told it was out of warranty, i was told to send it in and yall would look at it.

A: oh well yea its out of warranty so we were gonna charge ya $55 no matter what just to look at it.

8) yea charge me no matter what without my permission...sure. Ok, Where is my module?

A: we shipped it out yesterday.

9) monitor with it? (monitor was mailed in seperately...long story.)

A: I have no idea....i would have to transfer you to Danny in tech.

10) transfer me away then...but wait. Why don't you credit the $55 charge to my credit card?

A: If I did, i would have to hold the shipping and have it brought back to us.

11) Ok whatever, you lose anyway. I will never own a TST product again and my module will be sold as soon as i get it back. Transfer me to Danny so i can talk to him about my monitor please.....(wait on the line for a couple of minutes listening to their lovely choice of music)

A: This is Danny. how may i help you?

12) my name is....my module was there.....Where is my monitor?

A: I didn't receive it so i assumed you had a manual waste gate on your 05.

13) 05's don't have manual wastegates, compadre!

A: Well i thought you would have installed our boost elbow kit on your truck.

14) No...its an 05...Electronic waste gate...

A: Oh then i need to flash your monitor too and we're gonna have to charge ya.

15) Do what? forget that...just send it back to me. By chance on your part I have a manual waste gate on my bigger turbo. So let me guess, you are gonna bill me for the shipping back without my permission too?

A: well Natalia should call you...i was standing behind her the whole time you were talking to her before. I'll let her know you refuse this charge.

16) I did not refuse this charge...but atleast call me first.

A: Ok we'll call and tell you the amount.

17) NO, how bout you call and ask if its ok to bill my credit card at all?

A: Well i guess we can cover this charge.

18) Ok whatever, send me stuff back to me. You have a good day.

A: Ok we'll send it.

so theres my experience with TST. I hope yall have better luck with them than i did.
------------------------
973604X4:

I just spoke with Natalie about this problem you have had.

Here are some points of interest/facts from what is written in your first post:

1.) Your TST Module had a one (1) year warranty on it and is OUT OF WARRANTY now. On units that are "out of warranty", there is a $55.00 charged fee by TST Products. When you bought and received the TST unit from them, you also received a set of "Installation and Operating Instructions for the TST PowerMaxCR" for your year model truck. In those instructions is included the "Warranty and Disclaimer" Section which in my 06' manual is on page #11. Did you read that manual, including the "Warranty and Disclaimer"
Section??

2.) You sent the TST PM 3 to them SEPARATELY from the monitor. Natalie stated that they only received the monitor from you YESTERDAY.

3.) She reiterated to me that you are more than welcome to call her back to try and resolve the issues on your credit card situation or do as I told you and speak personally to Mark Chapple himself.

--------
John_P
Old 02-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
My experiences with the ENTIRE STAFF @ "TST Products" has ALWAYS been excellent! I have never had a problem that Mark Chapple, Gina, Natalie or any of their staff have not been able to solve! I have used their products since 1997, having bought their fuel curve torque plates for my 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve, their TST PM 3 Fueling Module for my 2002, and now the brand new TST PM 3 CR with the R-49 and all related past programs for my new 2006!

No offense, but I disagree with DTR Member "morkable" and the findings by NADP on the TST PM 3 Modules. There are too many of our DTR diesel crew running them out here with fantastic results both on repeated dyno run testing with different trucks AND on the dragstrip where a bunch of different types of fueling modules have been run and compared with the TST boxes. FWIW, our testing and racing has shown something much different than what NADP has found!
---------------
973604X4:

---------------

--------
John_P
These are probably both accurate assesments. There are a lot of members successfully running a SMARTY too, but it was crap on my truck. It has basically been proven that there is inconsistancy with any given module from truck to truck. But this thread isn't about product, it's about service, and it doesn't matter how GOOD experiences people have had. There is no excuse for even one bad experience.

Quick Reply: Tst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!