3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Truck still surging bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck still surging bad

Ok I posted before about my truck surging. It does it at low throttle levels from about 10-40mph. The power goes on and off rapidly until I either let off, or give it more pedal. It doesn't surge at highway speeds at all though. I have a capped rail and a single modded pump could this have something to do with it? I've looked at my RP and FP gauges while it does this and their is no noticeable change. I have also changed my tuning, still does it. Last time it was suggested it could be a possible hanging injector. I've tested my truck and it doesn't hang when I rap it up. What could this be?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:55 AM

FCA from the modded pump is on the fritz...
Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM

Ugh...Kind of what I was thinking. If I put a stock FCA on would that decrease how much it flows? If not is their anyone I could get a new one from(modded one)?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM

Yes...put a stock one in to see if it helps...

It will not hurt flow at WOT but the ramp up is less.

Save your money for duals...
Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 PM

Thanks! Do you think it will hurt anything if I continue to drive it with it surging (just try to drive around it)?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 PM

Bump, kinda need to drive it tonight.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad

Save your money for duals...
What does that mean?
OutOfSight Thanks! Do you think it will hurt anything if I continue to drive it with it surging (just try to drive around it)?
I wouldnt recommend driving it. Im thinking you need to unplug ur fca and see what the gauge reads! Also if it was an injector, or a pump problem you should see a lower RP then normal. Sure your gauge is working right? Also there were some problems with some of the pricols wiring? just a thought
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 PM

whoops just looked at your sig, not sure about the quad gauge
Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by coreydr2003
What does that mean?
Pretty sure he means dual cp3s
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Pretty sure he means dual cp3s
I git that he means duals. The guy has a pump. It just gets me that you need to save money to put one of these kits on, when i can pick up some bad a@@ pumps from John, thats less then half the price!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:19 AM

What does that mean?
I wouldnt recommend driving it. Im thinking you need to unplug ur fca and see what the gauge reads! Also if it was an injector, or a pump problem you should see a lower RP then normal. Sure your gauge is working right? Also there were some problems with some of the pricols wiring? just a thought
What would be the purpose of unpluging the FCA? What should I watch my gauge for(I hear you on the POS quad gauge)?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 AM

I git that he means duals. The guy has a pump. It just gets me that you need to save money to put one of these kits on, when i can pick up some bad a@@ pumps from John, thats less then half the price!!!
True, its a lot of coin for duals, but probably worth it if you need the fuel(or plan on needing it later)
From his sig, it looks like he has a Floor it pump, might try giving them a call and seeing if they have a suggestion for trouble shooting or if they can even send him another FCA to try...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 AM

Yes...put a stock one in to see if it helps...

It will not hurt flow at WOT but the ramp up is less.
So at half throttle I wouldn't get the same flow with a stock FCA, only at WOT?
True, its a lot of coin for duals, but probably worth it if you need the fuel(or plan on needing it later)
From his sig, it looks like he has a Floor it pump, might try giving them a call and seeing if they have a suggestion for trouble shooting or if they can even send him another FCA to try...
Is their any other company that sells a FCA that would be just as good? I know john is extremely, extremely hard to get a hold of. It would be nice if I could just order one from another vendor?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:59 AM

Buy a new one from cummins...try that.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Buy a new one from cummins...try that.
Its not a cummins part they wont have one!
OutOfSight Quote:
What does that mean?

What would be the purpose of unpluging the FCA? What should I watch my gauge for(I hear you on the POS quad gauge)?
Well you would get full fuel with the fca unplugged, and you would know that might be the problem. Also have you unplugged all you tuners, programmers, ect.....???? That might be the first step to running a problem down! If you buy a fca threw Dodge it will cost some coin over what John prob can get one for, plus they will want to sell you a new pump, Bosch would be a place to get one.
I have a stock one here at the house, that i could lend you, if you want to try that.

Quick Reply: Truck still surging bad