3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans work

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Turner2
Guys, my truck is obviously screaming it needs a trans, whats the bare minimum I can get by with? Would I be OK to just do a VB and TC, thats the extent I'm capable of doing on my own. Also do I need my trans rebuilt or would it be OK just to upgrade those parts, It seems to be in perfect condition now.

The truck pulls often, will probably never see a drag strip, will never see a sled. I would like to be able to put smarty on #9 and not worry about frying stuff.
I could put a larger turbo on in the far-out future, but not to the extent of needing head work, ect.

I'm in the same boat as you I just want to be able to turn the Smarty up and play a little. I'm currently saving for a TC, VB, billet input shaft. From everything I have read that should hold a good amount of HP if you use your brain with the go pedal.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Neight
I'm in the same boat as you I just want to be able to turn the Smarty up and play a little. I'm currently saving for a TC, VB, billet input shaft. From everything I have read that should hold a good amount of HP if you use your brain with the go pedal.
Don't skip the flexplate while it's apart. You can get a very strong SFI flexplate that's much stronger than the stock one for $160.

I can't seem to find it on their website at the moment, but they do have one. It's what I run in my truck, and after being the guinea pig - my idea, it's what John at Floor It is using for customers.

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/contact_page.htm
Old 12-24-2008, 02:46 PM

Thumbs up Trans

I would suggest Suncoast Trans full billet convertor and flex plate
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by J.Suplanski
I would suggest Suncoast Trans full billet convertor and flex plate
Hmm....let's see, $500 for a flexplate or $160 for a flexplate. Suncoast does make great TC though. I would only buy a Goerend or Suncoast.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by omaharam
Don't skip the flexplate while it's apart. You can get a very strong SFI flexplate that's much stronger than the stock one for $160.

I can't seem to find it on their website at the moment, but they do have one. It's what I run in my truck, and after being the guinea pig - my idea, it's what John at Floor It is using for customers.

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/contact_page.htm
Thanks for pointing that out I will put that on my list. I have been looking at TCS converters anyone have any input on those?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Neight
Thanks for pointing that out I will put that on my list. I have been looking at TCS converters anyone have any input on those?
See if you can get a hold of John at Floor It and talk to him about the TCS converters. He uses them quite a bit. I personally wouldn't run a single disc, but there are a lot of guys that do. I believe the pressure has to be turned up even more and then you have really hard shifts. Some guys like the shifts to feel like the tranny just fell out.