3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Superchip unsuccesful download, dealer know? Smarty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchip unsuccesful download, dealer know? Smarty?

Hello. I have my superchips coming back to me soon. It did something goofy & was sent back for a free tune up. I had tried to load it into my new truck, but it never would, said it was VIN locked, it had something to do with ABS (I don't really know). If I could not download anything, will the dealer know I had even plugged it in? I loved the superchips, I could not believe how my other truck ran with it. But I am considering a smarty just because it is not detectable (at least for now). I don't plan on going crazy with the truck, but people seem to often have issues with injectors.

Any helpful hints?

Thanx.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

i had a superchip and wont ever use their product again. there could never give me an honest answer about anything. their customer service is great though. smarty got my business. the power feels different but i like it all the same. and it doesnt reset your key counter like the SC

brett
Old 02-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Thanx Rusty. Do you think just plugging the superchips in and having it tell me that it will not download will show up on a dealer computer? I figure that if I have voided the warranty by just plugging it in, I might as well run it. If the dealer computer still says it is all stock, than I am considering a smarty.

I read the flashpaq.com forum. I know many people were upset about the extreme program not coming out and the top speed limiter not being altered, but I was very happy with the power & drivability. The only thing I did not like was that the clutch turned so slippy so fast.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:17 PM

My superchip did something very similar so opted for an upgrade to the EZ and loved it. Ditch the SC and go with either the EZ or SMARTY and you will be enjoying life!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Banned

im by no means an expert, but i dont think it will show up on your computer so your probably good to go. and im a member at the flashpaq forum too. i was very disappointed how they would claim their product did this and that, but didnt do either. then they would craw fish on the answer. its a good product if your not concerned about your warranty and want moderate power and mpg. but the tire change takes forever, no speed limiter eliminater, and no extreme tune. that was enough for me. i had it about 4 months and when ron offered to give me a refund i jumped on that immediately. all it took was a little sugar and i honestly dont think i would take him up on the return offer

brett
Old 02-10-2007, 06:49 PM

Thanx Torque. I just want to find out if I now have a computer that the dealer will think has been modified. If that is the case, at least there is no harm in running it until I can afford another tuner.

My truck needs power beyond stock so I am not bored to death with it. So a tuner is my first desire, but a real close second is seat covers & heavy duty floor mats. The megacab is so good for kids, but it is amazing how fast food gets hidden in all the nooks & crevaces, and they are always falling asleep with their dirty shoes on the seats as well.

Thanx.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Thanx Rusty. I started looking at the Flashpaq a little later than others. I think when I started looking, they had all ready stopped advertising all the stuff that they were advertising from the beginning, which never came to be.

Thanx.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:26 PM

Can anyone tell me if the computer will say I plugged in a tuner?
Thanx.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Banned

Don't know if you can look at the ECM without the proper diagnostic tools..
But if your looking for seatcovers get the covercraft seat covers from cabela's spendy like $300 and not as pretty as the original covers but they are completely waterproof and are awesome!!! I like in my truck practically and so do these two at times

When the seat covers get muddy or dirty pull them out wash and good as new.. Also if yur little ones spill something it will pool up the mess and you can pull the seatcovers inside out and then drain the spill on the groung!!!!

Priceless..

Shane
Old 02-10-2007, 11:45 PM

Was that $300 for the front & rear?
Thanx.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Banned

Yep!!!!! I will take pic's tomorrow for ya..
Old 02-10-2007, 11:56 PM

Thanx. Cool dogs.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Is it safe?

Hu-hu-hu, remember that line in "Marathon Man" when the **** guy is drilling a hole in Hoffman's tooth?

I was talking of my unseccessful SC download, though.
Thanx.