3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Subwoofre box options

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subwoofer box options

in the next month or so i plan to put a small system in the truck, and i am looking for some options.

i have the fold flat floor in my truck, and it looks like i will have to remove that in order to put a sub in the back, as well as an amp (unless it will fit behind the seat) if i have to remove the floor, how much should i sell it for?

i prefer to have just one 10" jl audio sub, but i am open to suggestions. however, the only boxes that i have seen are setup for 2 subs. anyone know of a single sub box, and if it will work with the fold flat?

i want a 5 channel amp, for front rears, and sub.....any thoughts?

looks like i will be putting in a 10.4" flip down tv with dvd, surround, and local cannels for 499.00 installed, and a pair of wireless headphones for 125.00

need recommendations for front and rear speakers too.

i am gonna put my budget in the neighborhood of 2000.00 including the tv.

thanks in advance,

chris
Old 01-08-2004, 09:33 AM

as to your question about a sub box, i think i found what you are looking for

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=1&cc=01&avf=Y

i guess you could just remove the otherside and mount your amp (not really sure as i havent seen that part of a 3rd gen up close)

not to sure about the other components as i havent had any experience with them. theres alot of guys on here that know that stuff though and will definately help you out.

good luck
jeff

(crutchfield is a nice place to look and get ideas but if you search around on the net you can find alot better deals)
Old 01-08-2004, 10:18 AM

SUBS

Here is the sub box for you. Two tens is the only way to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2453075635

Infinity kappa mids have always been good to me. PPI makes real nice amps. I've seen some good deals on new ones on ebay.

Let us know how it sounds.

Kris
Old 01-08-2004, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CCoughran - I have a virtually brand new(1 month old) JL audio stealthbox for the 03+ rams. I bought it impulsively thinking I was going to put a big system in - stealthbox, dvd player/nav, component sets, amps, etc, etc....but have changed my mind. Trying to save for a boat instead. It's 100% perfect/new condition, has all mounting hardware etc...pm me if you're interested, it will save you a few bucks on a perfect unit.

I've had q-logic q-forms brand boxes in my past vehicles, and I have to say I'll never buy q-logic again. Their boxes sound like total crap, they just offer the convenience of fitting. I was disgusted with mine and had to dynamat the crap out of them inside to keep them from rattling. I had a JL stealth box in my last vehicle - my 02 TDI - and I can't say enough good things. I'd had JL subs in the past, but was always a tad skeptical of pre-made boxes. The stealth box changed my mind, its incredibly tight. I used a JL 300/2 amp with mine with great results FYI. Another great choice for a whole system is the JL 500/5, which powers 4 channels of highs and has a single 250W RMS sub channel =-]

That double ten box looks nice, dunno how it sounds, but I didn't get it because I wanted to be able to mount the amp under the seat on the other side. Doesn't seem to be much room under the front seats with all the power seat apparatus and jack. Back wall is a possibility if you have thin equipment.

Hope this helps - pm me for more info on the box if you're interested.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:06 AM

Here you go....

Single Sub Box

Double Box

another double

There is also a subbox (single) on TDR Classifieds...

James
Old 01-08-2004, 11:13 AM

JL AUDIO.........YES!

I agree with the JL AUDIO STUFF...

My list of ordered parts: (all JL AUDIO)

1) XR653-CS 3 way component speakers for front doors

2) XR650-CSi 2 way components for the rear doors

3) 450/4 channel amp for door speakers

4) 2- 10" W3 v2 d4 subs

5) 500/1 mono block amp for the subs.

I am having the subbox made locally as opposed to going readybuilt.

Now my next quest is figuring out how to keep my sirius lifetime subscription and get a different head unit?????

James
Old 01-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Banned

will that stealthbox work if i have the black foldout flat boards under my seats?
Old 01-08-2004, 06:11 PM

no the load-flat floor is not subbox friendly

J
Old 01-08-2004, 08:45 PM

correct, you have to take out one side of the load flats.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:48 AM

Corporal that is a LOT harder core system than what CCoughran described wanting IMO. Sounds like he needs a set of mb quart component sets, a nice JL amp or equivalent(i've had great luck with precision power amps and alpines), a dvd player, and a sub box. The stealth box is great because it's completely hidden without requiring tons of special fabrication. It just fits... I had mb quart highs and JL subs/amps in a past system and it was stunning . A 10,12,13W7 JL sub would be WAAAY too much bass and expense unless you're looking to 'bump' really hard....lol high school kids love it!
Old 01-09-2004, 08:50 AM

CC - if you are doing theater in your truck, dont forget the center channel speaker!! Provided you have a decoder/sound processor built into your dvd player, you will need a center channel speaker to get 5.1 surround sound etc.