3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sold TST for Smaty

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold TST for Smarty

Had a buddy offer me a fair amount amount for my old non adjustable TST. So I sold it to him and got a Smarty ordered. 2nd day air will here Wed. I got it from Source Automotive. Great guy to do business with.

I have a few questions about it.
1. From a 60 to 90 run how does the Smarty compare to the TST.
2. What kind of boost #'s are yall seeing with the Smarty(stock turbo)? I was hitting 45psi with the TST and boost elboe.
3. What level should I start out with, and where should I set the TQ managment? (I can control myself) I have always ran my TST on 6-3
4.What kind of smoke will I see with my setup. Black smoke that is.

Thanks, Brad
Old 12-30-2006, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone? I know there is a lot of people running them. I have found a lot of info by searching older post. But nothing about how it will compare with the old TST. And boost #'s with stock turbo.

Thanks, Brad
Old 12-30-2006, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I have both and have tried them seperately, but not with stock turbo. Every truck is a little different on how they react. I usually have an EZ stacked with any other mod box or downloader so again my results and experiences are not really apples to apples. On my configuration with EZ on Level 1 and TST R49 with later twins program on 4/2 is about the same as the Smarty Moderate Torque Management SW # 5(90hp w/timing). The Smarty has more low end throttle response than the TST and will allow fueling higher in the rpm range. Smarty will definitely smoke more on any comparable level.

My suggestion is a lot of testing time to find the right Smarty Torque Management version and SW #. I would not try above the mild torque management version with a stock transmission. Sorry if this is not a lot of help, but it does require a lot of play with different levels to find the optimum for your specific truck configuration.