3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

smarty vs smarty beta

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
smarty vs smarty beta

OK.. i know beta is new software and the beta is more potent than the reg smarty but can you wizards of the smarty realm explain the difference before I buy one for my truck.. I have a stock auto tranny mind you..
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You want to run the stock turbo, stock injector s/w and be careful with your tranny. Watch out for slipping and get a v/b upgrade soon.
The beta is not safe for stock trannys.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned

The beta softwares add some rail pressure into the mix...a good thing for some, and not for others. They're working on the final production beta versions for release soon, as I understand it.

I've found that the beta 4.4 is very smooth, but no added power when compared to a wild program + pressure from another box (MP-8, EZ, etc)

--Eric
Old 08-03-2007, 04:54 PM

SOON:
–adverb, -er, -est. 1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.
2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.
3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.
4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.
5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.
6. Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.
—Idioms7. sooner or later, eventually: Sooner or later his luck will run out.
8. would sooner, to prefer to: I would sooner not go to their party.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:25 PM

When this new beta becomes available, will it be a free upgrade for smarty owners? Or will it be an extra cost?

wayne
Old 08-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

I understand it to be free, just like any of the other updates on the madselectronics website. --Eric
Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 PM

It's not "Free". It's already paid for by the peeps who own the product. I like to think of it as funding Marco's research.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2003Ram
It's not "Free". It's already paid for by the peeps who own the product. I like to think of it as funding Marco's research.
Yeah, but there's really nothing saying they have to give it out for free, they choose to. I know I have to pay to upgrade my antivirus software every year. Thankfully Bob and Marco don't operate like that!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:54 PM

what i like about the smarty beta over the regular smarty is that there is almost no smoke....maybe just a puff at take off but then it all clears up! i had a built 7.3 that made almost as much power as my truck now, but it smoked pretty good!!!...which is not what i wanted...
Old 08-03-2007, 11:07 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by darrenb
what i like about the smarty beta over the regular smarty is that there is almost no smoke....maybe just a puff at take off but then it all clears up! i had a built 7.3 that made almost as much power as my truck now, but it smoked pretty good!!!...which is not what i wanted...
I have found the opposite. Regular programs really didn't smoke for me. I can get a lot of smoke with the betas. That would be both 4.4 and 4.3. But I love 4.4 on sw3 on even the stock tranny. Just be careful not to really get into it until the tc is locked... and I do have the tc lock switch mod. The betas have been so good, at least to me, the public release will be worth the wait.

As far a differences between the betas and the normal... I'd say night and day.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
I have found the opposite. Regular programs really didn't smoke for me. I can get a lot of smoke with the betas. That would be both 4.4 and 4.3. But I love 4.4 on sw3 on even the stock tranny. Just be careful not to really get into it until the tc is locked...
I too make more smoke on the Beta. Much more smoke. The problem with the Beta and a stock tranny was I could get the locked TC to slip if I got into it. That was on level 1.

I wanted to not destroy my tranny before I upgraded to Goerend. Though it was fun to annoy the Mustang GT drivers on the interstate when I would roll into the throttle at 75 mph and be to 100 mph in what seems like under 3 seconds, but the TC would definitely slip. They just couldn't keep up.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Found the Beta 4.4 to be pretty smokey for me also. Ran on levels 3 and 5. I removed the beta before finding out that the power levels are much higher than the released versions.
Should have tried level 1.

MikeyB
Old 08-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Banned

That's weird. The 4.4 version is much less smokey on my truck. Are you guys comparing it to a standard TM program? On my truck the Wild programs smoke a lot more than the betas.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 AM

Just hearing about the increased power on the Beta version, I know I don't want it. I have the 4.08 production version of Smarty stacked with the Quad Race. I don't feel comfortable pushing the trans past level 6 with Quad on 100hp. It is crazy fast at this setting given the traffic conditions most of the time.

The only time I've seen smoke is mashing the pedal when in OD at about 55mph.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrussell
That's weird. The 4.4 version is much less smokey on my truck. Are you guys comparing it to a standard TM program? On my truck the Wild programs smoke a lot more than the betas.
Same here... I get hardly any smoke unless I hammer down!!!?

Quick Reply: smarty vs smarty beta