3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty is my HERO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smarty is my HERO!!!

Went to the track again last night. I just installed the wild T.M. and love it. i was .5 sec faster. my fastest time last night was a 15.4 not great but not bad for what i have. anyways there was one other CTD there. it was a 05 4x4 6spd. Ok i have a great advantage over him to start but when i asked him what he was running thats when everything changed. He was running banks high ram, PPE programmer, TS chip, silver bullit turbo size?, DD clutch, and spray. "but he said he wasn't going to use the spray" well the first run i jumper him off the line and had him all the way. he was gaining very fast at the end but i still took him. after the run i asked him what happened because he should have smoked me bad "I think". he said that he got a bad 3 gear launch. OK, so lets go again. second time he jumped me off the line i didn't hook up very good but when we hit the 1/8 i was gaining hard over took him but only for a short time when it look to me like he hit the spray. Not saying that his truck was slow but with me only having the Smarty i shouldn't have even come close to him. So Thanks to Marco and everyone else that works on the smarty programs. Keep up the great work. i have video that i will get on here as soon as i figure out my new camcorder.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Banned

Wow nice ***! That guy with the 6-speed must not of known how to row the gears. I know they are slower due to loosing boost but wow. I bet he felt embarassed. congarts! Put a bigger turbo,clutch and fuel system and you will be in the 13's
Old 12-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Chapter President

Always good to see 6spds ripping the track
Old 12-22-2007, 08:46 PM

It's x-mas time and i'm checking the pile of loot under the tree. What size box (dimensions) does a Smarty come in? TIA

Sorry about the threadjack, but this was the first Smarty related thread i saw so i figured i'd add to this instead of making a new thread. Nice job whompin on the bigger turbo.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bluechrome
Wow nice ***! That guy with the 6-speed must not of known how to row the gears. I know they are slower due to loosing boost but wow. I bet he felt embarassed. congarts! Put a bigger turbo,clutch and fuel system and you will be in the 13's
All i need is the Turbo and Clutch. the fuel is good. also will have a quad 100hp chip in soon and a boost fooler. lets see if the clutch holds that like it is now. i bet not......

yeah that guy couldn't have known how to drive that truck cause I shouldn't have won. oh well a win is a win..... i will put the video on here soon.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 PM

video video!

Great job! My dad and I are always "competing" in some way or another. (He has a 6 speed). He kinda stopped raggin on me when I laid down a 175' set of stripes with my "girly auto" and basically just the MP-8. Hope to have a Smarty soon...

Keep whittlin away at it...that is all I can afford to do! Love to see the video soon
Old 12-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by J2Waite
Great job! My dad and I are always "competing" in some way or another. (He has a 6 speed). He kinda stopped raggin on me when I laid down a 175' set of stripes with my "girly auto" and basically just the MP-8. Hope to have a Smarty soon...

Keep whittlin away at it...that is all I can afford to do! Love to see the video soon
Yeah i am working on the video but i'm not much of a cumputer guy. i recorded the race in video format on the camcorder and not in VR so i can't edit it and when i tried to put it on youtube it said that the video was to big and that i would need to cange the format to JPEG. well still working on figuring that one out. as soo as i get it worked out i will post it.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Chapter President

here is the first few runs i am still working on the others... i got a new program that converts VOB to MPEG but it was free and only converted half of it and wants me to buy it before it will finish the rest. i hope to have it finished today.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:56 PM

Looking good there..... are you running a 305 or a 325 Hp 04? How about your turbo, is it stock, boost #?
Old 12-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by N.Johnson
Looking good there..... are you running a 305 or a 325 Hp 04? How about your turbo, is it stock, boost #?
I am running the 305 and my turbo is stock. my boost is peaking at 36psi and levels out around 34. injectors, clutch and cp-3 are all stock.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:45 PM

That is radical. Exciting to see a 6 speed kicking butt.