Smarty Beta 4 testing (read if you have or want a SMARTY) - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Smarty Beta 4 testing (read if you have or want a SMARTY)

Old 04-19-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Talking Smarty Beta 4 testing (read if you have or want a SMARTY)

I was lucky enough to recive a new version of the Smarty to test. I am not affiliated with Smarty but I wanted to post my experiences with the Beta 4 software.
First off the new software adds pressure, which I think most of us have been looking for so we no longer have to stack components. We can have one type of programer that stands alone and does it all.
As I said it adds pressure, but not too much. Once again Bob and Marco have done thier homework. In the persuit for power they are not simply looking for numbers, they are taking into consideration the limitations of our trucks. That being said my truck before the update would hit 21K WOT rail pressure. With the Beta 4 I hit 24K WOT, which to me is perfect. Its not too much so I dont destroy my injectors but it is enough for far enhanced performance.
Throttle is responsive, and easily controlable for every day driving. Not like no torque management that is at best a little touchy and hard to get used too. At the same time power down low and across the board is outstanding, no more of either all bottom end = no top end, or all top end = no bottom.
Power across the board, and it is so responsive it reminds me of a gasser not a turbo diesel. Really its that good.
EGTs are very controlable as well, no timing knock or rattle.
Honestly it is by far the best electronic program I have ever had on any of my trucks. And I cant believe how fast my fat overweight dually is. I dont know when it will be released, but I really think they have nailed it. If I missed anything, if you guys have any questions let me know I will be happy to answer. You can also PM me if you would like. But please I cannot and will not pass this program on, sorry but I want to be considered for more Beta testing.

Bob and Marco keep up the good work.
RyeThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
wap

Nice right up. Sounds like by the time my truck is ready for a smarty they will have it as close to perfect as you can get.

Keep up the good work Bob and Marco.
wap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
Banned

Ryan, thanks for that. great info.
they have done it again havent they?
dodgezilla04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Banned

OOH sure now I don't need my mp-8 ..

Keep up the good work Bob and Marco...

Shane
Luvnacumns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
Banned

I would like to keep my pressure box, and use it according to the power I want. Will there be any settings without pressure? Kinda like the old SW with even being duration and odds adding timming. Does it add pressure to every software or just the higher ones?
Speed Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
Banned

Marco stated this Sw was intended for competition and not for daily driving, but he didnt say you couldnt use it all the time! the Hot adds pressure at all times IIRC. just alittle. I cant wait.
dodgezilla04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
wap

I kinda like the idea of bein able to use a seperate pressure box too.

BUT knowing that if you run the smarty pressure it wont go over 24k is GREAT. That alone may make me sell my mp8.
wap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04 View Post
Marco stated this Sw was intended for competition and not for daily driving, but he didnt say you couldnt use it all the time! the Hot adds pressure at all times IIRC. just alittle. I cant wait.
Well I race to work everyday!

Thanks for the input fellas
Old 04-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #9
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Well thats what it did on my truck, every truck is different so I would hold on to it run the new software make sure its what you want then sell the pressure box. I have never run pressure, so its a big change, and I like the fact its only a little.
I think it only runs pressure on #9 but I gotta go train tonight so Ill try #7 and see what happens.
RyeThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #10

You will always need an MP-8...

Even if it is on 10%. LOL. It is not a bad purchase Shane.
cquestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeThomas View Post
Well thats what it did on my truck, every truck is different so I would hold on to it run the new software make sure its what you want then sell the pressure box. I have never run pressure, so its a big change, and I like the fact its only a little.
I think it only runs pressure on #9 but I gotta go train tonight so Ill try #7 and see what happens.
hmmmm maybe Marco could clear this up for us?? I sure do like to be able to adjust the pressure.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:11 PM   #12

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, release this software!!!! SOON

I NEED MO POWA
ramtd02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquestad View Post
You will always need an MP-8...

Even if it is on 10%. LOL. It is not a bad purchase Shane.
Yeah I am extremely impressed with it.. I can tell exactly when it hits!!!

Shane
Luvnacumns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #14

Nice review....
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #15

I was going to buy a smarty and stack with a commander/quad race. So now with what you are saying, I only need the Commander and the Smarty???
TX_Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote