3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rhino lining?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhino lining?

just picked my new truck up this week and wanted know what the big differences are between rhino/line X? I have had the rhino liner in my last three trucks and dont much to complain about. Alot of you guys say line x is better tell me why i should put line X in my new truck.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:21 PM

Its just preferernce... I like linex more. It seems more durable, more uniform coverage and doesnt need to be sprayed as thick. Doesnt take hours to dry either and it wont run.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:12 AM

Have rhino for two years. Fades in the sun and cuts easy with sharp edge metal boxes etc. Big plus is the installation was first rate. Nice and thick so cargo doesn't slide around. Having to do it again I would go linex with a bed rug, linex is not as grippy, but it all depends on the quality of the installer as to which is better.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 AM

I just had my new 2006 2500 sprayed also..with one called ArmorThane. It has a finish like rain had hit the plastic and isn't so rough as to grind down my balloon basket as it is loaded into the truck bed. It was dry that day but was told to let it sit for 48 hours before putting anything really heavy in it. The guy spraying it has been spraying liners for 14 years and he also told me that the colored liners fade to a greeninsh color after a few years here in New Mexico..don't know if thats true but I got the black. I hope this helps any.....
Erik
Old 06-11-2006, 03:23 AM
Ace
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rhino and Line-X are both great liners, just aimed a different uses. Depends on what you want it for. Rhino is a thicker softer material that won't dent as easily when throwing tools or cordwood in there. Line-X is a thinner but harder material that is better suited to sliding engine blocks around on. I've got Rhino in the CTD and Line-X in the 1500. Both work well, just choose the right tool for the job, as they say...
Old 06-11-2006, 04:13 AM

Spray on liners

Originally Posted by 8mpg
Its just preferernce... I like linex more. It seems more durable, more uniform coverage and doesnt need to be sprayed as thick. Doesnt take hours to dry either and it wont run.
Like 8mpg says it all comes down to preference. I have an old Ford gasser sprayed with Arma-Coat in Alaska in '94 and 3 years up there with sub-zero temps and the rest of the time in high humidity and heat of South Texas it has two very small rips in it. I guarantee you I have abused it as the bed is heavy dented after the application but the liner has not delaminated. My Dodge has a Toff sprayed liner done in San Antonio and it has performed well. If you have good luck with a brand why change? Basically the ability of the installer makes all the difference.

Whatever you choose, they are definately better than the old plastic drop-ins of yesteryear. Good luck.

L8r,..............dogger
Old 06-11-2006, 06:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Nobody mentioned Speedliner, so I'll throw that out there.

I've been very happy with mine, and it hasn't faded like a buddy's Rhino. It's been super-tough, soft enough to be slightly grippy, and I kind of like the way the edges are done by pulling a wire up out of the edge of the masking. It has a pretty course pebble pattern, where I'd have preferred a bit finer texture.

Personally, I think making sure you get someone who does a good job and good prep is as important or more important than the brand of liner...
Old 06-12-2006, 02:45 PM

A good Line-X dealer spray`s thier liners the same way Jeff.

The Line-X is 80% dry in 5 minutes and fully cured in 24 hrs. Line-X is a franchise business, so they have a nationwide warranty. Rhino dealers are independant, so their warranty is a little more "sketchy" so to speak.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff in TD
Nobody mentioned Speedliner, so I'll throw that out there.

I've been very happy with mine, and it hasn't faded like a buddy's Rhino. It's been super-tough, soft enough to be slightly grippy, and I kind of like the way the edges are done by pulling a wire up out of the edge of the masking. It has a pretty course pebble pattern, where I'd have preferred a bit finer texture.

Personally, I think making sure you get someone who does a good job and good prep is as important or more important than the brand of liner...
I tore my speedliner to hell in my 04.5 I used to haul all sorts of metal and it didnt hold up. LineX has done well
Old 06-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Banned

I really like Reflex bed liner.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:05 PM

I've got rhino in mine and am happy. I agree that if you hit it with something sharp it will cut it and the color does seem to fade; but hey it is the back of a p-up, it's not supposed to be pretty. My buddy has X and his looks really good, however, like has been mentioned, everything seems to slide around real bad. I have noticed that if I scrub mine out a couple times a year with a stiff brush and a heavy detergent it cleans right up. Doesn't look as good as new but you have to park it next to something that has a new liner in it to tell.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

The Line X can be sprayed over for repairs if needed, Rhino can't (so they tell me)
Old 06-12-2006, 08:14 PM

Both are applied at diff. temps and P.S.I.
Line-x ussually looks more uniform...
Old 06-13-2006, 12:05 AM

Like JD Dearden, I have Reflex. Only had it for about 7 months but I love it. Like some of the others have stated; it depends on the use and the installer. I haul alot of lumber and building materials in my truck and I appreciate the way I can leave the tailgate down if I need to (SWB) w/o having to worry about them sliding out. However; as far as durability and fading...only time will tell.