3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quadzilla

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla

I just installed my commander tonight. Installed it on the pillar, I will try and get some pics of my mount up tomorrow. Anyway, I have the Quad race box and I run it on level two, cause thats where I get the best milage, My question is that I can only get to 30psi boost and that is if I really stand on it, some people are getting more than that stock. If you have a similar setup what are your numbers and why are mine so low?
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 PM

Don't know, but my stock o6 will boost up to 36...or so the commander says.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:53 PM

I responded to your message. I think you are on the light blue wire instead of the dark blue wire.

Let us know if that fixes it.

Quad
Old 08-02-2006, 07:50 AM

I am definately on the the dark blue wire, the one that comes right out of the MAP sensor. And I have selected 04.5-06 Dodge in the setup menu several times just to make sure. Still nothing past 30
Old 08-02-2006, 08:11 AM

Now I am a little worried, Hope I didn't do any damage when I tapped for the pyro. Didn't hear any bad sounds and it went smoothly???
Old 08-02-2006, 09:04 AM

Old 08-02-2006, 09:43 AM

yelloz28, by chance is the mount you used the one in the link below? I just ordered one and should have it by tomorrow.

http://www.innertruck.com/store-prod..._29825547.html
Old 08-02-2006, 09:48 AM

No, I fabbed mine up. It's real easy, and I think it works great, it puts it right where I wanted it.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 AM

My commander is showing 41psi, on lvl 3 with my race box, air intake, 4" exhaust, and a boost fooler. When I run the BDPP with it on performance and quad on lvl 3 Im hitting 43psi max. You can check the max psi on your commander by looking at data logging. Ive been told though that this isnt safe and I will burn something up on my stock tranny/ turbo, but Ive been doing it for a while and no problems! This is on an 04 305/555 though!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:57 AM

I was going to get that mount but I don't like how it puts the Commander in front of the steering wheel.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:50 AM

OK, you are on the correct wire. This time I did not respond to your mail, just here!

Now to get 30 psi are you flogging the truck to get it there? I mean it is not going to hit 40psi in first gear with a little romp on the pedal.

Now if you get out on the highway and do a little 50-70mph blast you should get 40+ psi.

For that matter you should be in the 36-38psi range with the module in the "stock" position.

I doubt you hurt anything. If you did you would surely know it by now.

Lets start at the top and verify that you are in an area where you can give it a little room to make boost. How long are you able to stand on it?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:55 AM

I have tried all of those, this morning tried again on the way to work after double checking everthing, went from 0-about 80 EGTs up to a little over 1400. Stood on it hard still nothing over 30. I am really confused
Old 08-02-2006, 11:18 AM

OK, not exactly what I was hoping to hear!

There are 4 possibilities that I know of:

1.) Box is not doing its job with handling the boost circuit.
So, tell me how does the truck run? It seems that the module is fueling and is making power. Does it provide a good puff of smoke off of the bottom? Does each level feel increasingly stronger than the previous? I very seriously doubt this is the problem. If we were not handling the bosot properly I cannot imagine not getting a code. If it was not working on that side you should know.

2.) The Commander is not reading it for some reason?
This could happen, although it has not happened yet to our knowledge. The good news is that we can get you an update and you can reflash it and we can see if that fixes it. In all reality I hope this is what it is because the other 2 options I am about to list are not good. You did get a USB cable?

3.) Map sensor is bad or only reads up to a certain point.
I have never had this happen, but I have heard of it. I would not bet on this, but if it will read 30psi then that is probably all that is required and would not cause a code. This would be one of the last things we look into.

4.) Relieve valve is blown or weak.
This is the dreaded things that I hope is not the problem. I have only seen 1 truck that had this issue and he was only able to make around 28-30psi. With that said his truck did not run that great and the power levels were not much different. In his situation it was actually blown before he got the module. He said the truck was pathetic in stock form and was trying to get more power. His dealer replaced it and all was well.

The latter does not sound like your truck or you would be wondering where the power is.

So from that I guess we need a couple of answers and then we need to look at some code and work on getting you an update.

Also you will be the first Update needed!!!!!

We have tested it, but only used it for testing purposes! So you can chalk up being the first!

Quad
Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM

I did get a usb cable. I bought the box used, that is why I sent it in for an update, it was an earlier model that used the data link. I was dissapointed with the performance when i tried it first, before the update, and it threw a code that cleared after a few cycles. When I got it back it was a little better, but I still wasn't "blown away" and didn't notice a huge difference in levels. Hadn't thrown a code after the reprogramming(update), then after I finished installing everything last night I got a code, but agian it cleared after a few key cycles. I don't get much smoke except for on the 3rd level. I am confused. Stock I should be boosting over 30 right??? Should I disconnect the race box and see what the commander reads on the way home? If its still not over 30, then it would have to be one of the other 3 things you listed correct? I will do whatever you need me too, just let me know. I hate the feeling of not knowing
Old 08-02-2006, 11:54 AM

Unfortunately troubleshooting sucks. Sometimes it is easy, but if you are not really having a "problem" and the truck is just not quite running like you want then it gets more difficult.

What you mentioned was exactly what I was going to recommend. All you really need to do is plug the bypass in the harness and remove the module. Doing this will let the truck act 100% stock and you will not even have to change the Commander wiring. When you drive it stock let us know how much boost you make. Typically 30psi should be easy to obtain and it should peak around 32psi to be considered normal.

Quick Reply: Quadzilla