3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pulled this code...AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Pulled this code...AGAIN!

P0602 Control Module Programming Error

I noticed the truck was hard to start yesterday and then once it started idled rough. I would get some white smoke as well.
I removed the BDDL program and read the codes.
It still runs a bit rough and spun over a couple of times when starting but the majority of the starts where normal...turn the key and it runs. When I get the longer duration to start, I get the stumble.

Talked to the dealer by voicemail. Will look at it after Christmas.

I should add that I ran for nearly 10,000 miles with no power mods and I netted this code four times during that period.

What would be the cure? ECM?

Scotty
Old 12-22-2005, 07:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
considdering how sensitive the electronics are on these trucks I would start at the source, disconnect both batteries and check each one for voltage, electronics designed for 12 volts aren't always happy if they only get 8..... when reconnecting check for clean connections at the battery and the ground. Then check the conetions to the ecm and points along its way. A lot of box problems have been caused by bad connnections and dielectric fixes most of them. Its a start, kind of checking / ruiling out the simple stuff first.......... good luck
Old 12-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by mikmaze
considdering how sensitive the electronics are on these trucks I would start at the source, disconnect both batteries and check each one for voltage, electronics designed for 12 volts aren't always happy if they only get 8..... when reconnecting check for clean connections at the battery and the ground. Then check the conetions to the ecm and points along its way. A lot of box problems have been caused by bad connnections and dielectric fixes most of them. Its a start, kind of checking / ruiling out the simple stuff first.......... good luck
I will check the batteries...especially since they don't normally last me more then 3 winters and this is #3.
As for the boxes...the downloader is not a box that stays connected.
I took the Ramifier off because of the stumble and suspected a connection.
Even with the Ramifier turned off I still got the stumble. So in order to eliminate any possible issues with it, I removed it completely. At first I thought that was the problem because the stumble was gone. It came back running bone stock.
What a fueling box will do is amplify the glitch...a bigger or more pronounced stumble but I still get the same code not matter what.

More fun ahead.

Scotty
Old 12-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Banned

I was thinking of the posibility of the stock connections being possibly bad, not just the ones for power boxes/ modules. keep warm whatever ya do..........
Old 12-22-2005, 02:47 PM

Please read this thread. You will see that I commented on this subject in the past.

Am I crazy or is this just a coincidence?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=84272
Old 12-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by qzilla
Please read this thread. You will see that I commented on this subject in the past.

Am I crazy or is this just a coincidence?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=84272
Thanks Quad...and yes you are crazy and it makes sense too.

Scotty
Old 12-23-2005, 10:05 AM

The new versions of the BDDL don't throw the P0602 code. I sent mine back for an upgrade to v1.55 and I no longer have the code.