3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

programmers and xzillaraider

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
programmers and xzillaraider

I have a bighorn 06 2500 stock, recently purchased the quadzilla xzillaraider haven't installed yet, still worried about warranty and foot print. went with module figured it less likely to show foot print than programmer, would like any inputs on programmers or module's for a 06 cummins, I am only looking at 50 to 75 hp improvement. any info would be appreciated especially about the xzillaraider.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Thumbs down Quadzilla Xzt

I purchased 2 new Quadzilla XZT boxes for both my trucks this week & installed them today.

Truck 1: 2006 Mega Cab 2wd, With XZT installed, Poor cold start, Skipping, surging & my favorite.... runaway idle that about ran my wife & newborn through an intersection!!

Truck 2: 2003.5 HO 4x4 Ram, Very poor performance, erratic idle.

Both boxes installed & removed in the same day. You get what you pay for!!
Old 01-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned

I'm also looking for 2 GOOD programmers or Boxes in the 75 hp range.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:56 PM

That is wear I put a post this week and everyone s was telling me quazilla was the best box on the market right now for 60-75 HP and fuel economy. I guess I will wait a bid before purchassing one.

Buzzman
Old 01-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned

I made the switch to Quadzilla XZT's after reading tons of posts here & praise for the product. Boy am i sorry!! The worst part is i sold my "Old technology Edge EZ" from my 03 & the Superchips Flashpaq from my 06 to upgrade, haha. That will teach me!!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 PM

That kinda sucks that you had such bad luck with the XZT.

I have had mine for 15k and really like it.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Edge Juice with Attitude - easy to remove for warranty work except the EGT probe and you can clear any codes before you take it off. Just my vote. Imsure some will be against it.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:38 PM

Did you see any fuel economy improvement with the EDGE.

Buzzman
Old 01-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Chapter President

Call Quadzilla Monday, they will fix things. It's rare for something from them to not work right. I have seen one that had a really rough idle and just sounded sick, I can't remember if one of the plugs was in upside down, or one of the injector plugs was loose.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned

I ran my EZ for 30,000 miles on Level 4. I did not see any improvement in mileage but it did allow me to run my 315 tires with good performance & NO loss in mileage. A++++ product in my book. I took it off because of all the horor stories of the high rail pressures but who knows?? I did have a fuel leak at the injector lines when i first installed the edge but it was trouble free after that. The Edge EZ was also a very high quality part with a biger price tag, the Quadzilla XZT looks like it could be made for under $15.00. Looks like More money was spent on the fancy box & packaging than on the product?
Old 01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Banned

There is ZERO chance that i'm going to keep these things on my trucks. I installed & removed both of them today & my dealer has allready issued me an RA #. The customer service is GREAT on his end & he is helping us get into differant products. I can't believe i can draw 2 bum units? What are the odds?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:10 PM

It helps if you plug them in correctly. There is only one possible way to get a bad or run away idle and that is if you get something on the rail wrong. And yes you can have the connector backwards and the truck will still run correct if you install the bypass plugs as the signal does not get broken with the bypass installed.

You guys forget that these modules do absolutely NOTHING at idle. They are a simple pass through product at idle.

We ship around 1,000 XZT's a month. Every single one is tested before they leave our facility so I very seriously doubt you have 2 bad ones.

I also think if you search hard enough you will find that we have almost ZERO issues ever with the 03-04 modules because you can get away with almost anything on them and not cause any issues. The 600's are a little more finicky, I will give you that.

If the trucks had a bad and erratic idle I would never have driven it, that should have clued you in that something was wrong.

As far as cheap? Because it is small? There is some pretty fancy hardware on there to make it that small. Two of the plugs are factory plugs and the others are custom molded plugs with the wires molded into them instead of plastic hulls like most people use. The plugs are used on several product without our name on them and no one complains about them. I know I provide them.

It sounds to me like you have some sort of other agenda. Who in their right mind would not try to make sure they got everything installed properly before they rip everything off? Just does not add up.

Also please post the serial #'s before you ship them back so I can put the one on my 06 Mega cab. We will put the other on our 2003 truck.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:48 PM

Love my Quad, and the support I see them give even though I've never had to use it! Class Act Product, and Company standing behind them!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:58 PM

I have to say that I have been running a Quad Std for about a month on my 06 MegaCab and it is doing a great job. You will read another post I started on this forum regarding the change in sounds that I am perceiving but that may just be me getting used to listening to a diesel and now one with a box on it - either that or I am a little paranoid being new to it all. I made sure I had everything hooked up right, checked it 3 times before I turned on the key - that's how **** I am. I also made sure I had a goodly amount of electronic goop and was making a good, tight connection as I have read posts here regarding how important a good connection was, and those that did not have a good connection reported problems just like you.

I hope you solve your problems, but I have to agree with Quad's perspective because there are a ton of these units out there being used every day. I have probably 35-40 friends with them, they swear by them. All of them and their happiness with the product is what motivated me in the direction of getting one, and so far mine is working just fine too.

CD
Old 01-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

I wanted these boxes to work & they were hooked up correctly. The 2006 drove good for about 50 miles. Then upon a restart the truck started skipping farting bucking & running like crap for about 1 minute. It cleared up & we proceeded to drive home & it ran OK. Looked everything over, let it cool off again & proceeded to do a restart, no problem. My wife took her truck for a ride & it then started acting up on the road & running terrible. She returned home, i looked it over, no obvious problems so i pulled the XZT off. Truck runs great again & wife was able to use her truck.

My truck, the 2003, Installed the box & it feels lazy & in general runs bad. Better than the 2006 with the XZT but nothing i want to own. I will GLADLY give you all the info off of these useless boxes but please don't put your family in the truck, i don't want that on my head.

And furthermore i can assure you the 2 plugs required to hook this garbage up were plugged in correctly. 25+ years as an ASE certified Master Tech should enable me to hook up this simple product! $600.00 later & i have 2 trucks back to stock..... what a GREAT day!!

Quick Reply: programmers and xzillaraider