3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

power additions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power additions

hey guys,

My new 05 gets delivered on Monday. Im hyped. Now it will have 700 miles my the time i get it. When i got my 01 first was gauges then the air box then the power box (edge comp)
Do i do it the same on the new one.
I was happy with the scotty 2 on my 01. I am going to see if scotty makes one for the 05
as for the gauges im seeing that everyone seems to have a "COMBO" box and digital readout.
Whats up ?
who has the best one? QZilla ? Edge? whats the difference.
In all reality. within the next year i will be going to bigger injectors, turbo and exhaust
eventually twins
what box will go good now with the stock truck and live the duration to control all the power
so my questions are i guess does somebody have the recipe so i dont make mistakes (costly mistakes)
Old 07-29-2005, 11:11 PM

TSTstacked with a EZ, FASS,cam, aftermarket turbo at least. If you get the TST, make sure you get the one with the gauges built in.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:58 AM

stacked?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:42 AM

You might hold off on injectors, alot of guys are making great HP with stock ones. It is alittle different then what you 1 / 2 gen. guys are use to. You can make these electronic injectors hold open quite a while longer.

Some of the guys are running timing/duration boxes and say they are complimented buy a slight pressure box. = "STACKED"

If you are looking for a single gauge pillar, check out the factory SRT-10 pillar since it already has a gauge pod built into it along with the grab handle and factory color. (Geno's has them)

Have fun with your new truck,
Dave
Old 07-30-2005, 09:00 PM

im not familier at all with the timing duration boxes? what the deal?
they dont play with a pump like the old edge comp?
so you use the ez which does what ?
and i assume a timing box does just that incrase the timeing as you deliver more fuel and air?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:31 AM

Welcome to electronic injectors , the timing duration box controls the injection events. Since the injectors are electronic (not manual), then you can hold them open as long as you want and make them fire when you want (timing/duration of injectors)... the EZ is just a pressure / boost fooling box but combined with a timing / duration box it gives a little more squirt from the injectors. I am guessing the slightly higher pressure allows for a little better pattern (just a guess there)...

there is no pump wire tapping on these new engines, with stock injectors and boxes, you will have all the power your stock turbo can handle without an injector swap. The stock injectors can hold some very big power increases, but the little factory turbo is falling short... SO if you wanted to do some bombing, I would look at putting that injector money towards a better turbo instead, since it seems to be the bottle neck in the power area...

Have fun with your new toy,
Dave
Old 07-31-2005, 09:52 AM

what are the stock injectors cabale of supporting hp wise?
i havent heard anyone telling me to start saving for my trans? could it be this trans is strong or what?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:43 PM

Tranny strong??? ...

Actually with about $1K (convertor, valve body) the tranny will hold up to some mild HP. If you head over to www.dieselram.com and see some of Tim Holts post then you will get some ideas of what is required and also a "not big three" name brand convertor to use that won't cost an arm and a leg. I thought the tranny with upgrades above is good for a daily 500 hp engine.

Timing increases the injector firing.
Duration holds them open longer.
Pressure is just that (ramps up the rail pressure).

If I am not mistaken there are guys hitting 500+ HP with stock injectors as a normal event.

Some are running out of fuel from the lift pumps and having to install pushers, but the injectors are not falling short.