3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Performance on a budget - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by P.J
Well, I saved him $400 in the first sentence by telling him the stock exhaust and air box it just fine, so he's ahead of the game in my mind.
What's $685.00? He just signed on to a $40,000 truck!

685 is more then twice the price, and you wont be able to use half the settings with that setup...thats what it is.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my suggestion:
I suggest leaving the intake and exhaust alone. Do a quad race/commander or hot juice/attitude and then spend the rest on a good clutch that will hold. That way you will have the gauges you need and plenty of power. The intake and exhaust isn't going to give you the bang for the buck that the box and clutch will if you can't put it to the ground. If after the clutch and box, you still want more power, the intake and exhaust is easy, but I'd do clutch work first. Later you can do some fueling mods and maybe stack another box.
All I have is the juice/attitude and I can't get all the power to the rear wheels and I have stock intake and exhaust and no mods to the 48RE auto trans (yet). Stupid stock auto....
Old 03-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you should do your exhaust sytem first, get a straight pipe or replace stock muffler with a mbrp. Then do your air system. There are a ton of options from the whilly whistler (the do it your self one) or look at a name brand like afe, aem, or s&b). I also feel gauges should come before enhancing your fuel system. Better to be safe than sorry. The exhaust and air take mods will give you a good start on increasing performance.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$50 or so........Get a drop in filter and drill some holes in the bottom of your air box

$60 for the straight pipe on the muffler

$500(not sure) ? Edge juice w/ attitude from larry ellis on this site can be had for a very good price and that will give you your gauges too. can upgrade to hot juice for $100 later on.....

or

$3-400 for diablo predator programmer which will lack gauges but puts out good power.......

With these mods you will be suprised.......