3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

opinions please on a new box

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doznfire
I have a buddy that has an 07. Put the triple dog on it and now he can't remove it. I would do some serious research before installing anything.....
true, 07 stuff is very new out there. the smarty has been tried and proven on the 07, not so much Bullydog yet.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 PM

Depends on what your preferences really and what you are going to be using it for
Old 03-08-2007, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sam Turner2
Yea, so ive noticed that people get particularly biased to what they run... i guess that really means that there is no box that is a POS, and there is a bunch of good boxes to choose from.
You're right about that.....

...............Jim
Old 03-08-2007, 12:29 AM

thanks guys....

lots of info, but i think i need to be more specific:

ive run the juice with attitude, and while it had great power, im convinced it destroyed two of my under hood sensors with voltage over/underloads...

i did like the gauge cluster thoug from the attitude.

basically what im after is possibly something like a smarty and a standalone attitude monitor of sorts. I also really want most of my power to be low end grunt, not high end.

thanks again, and continue with the recommendations.

oren
Old 03-08-2007, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
true, 07 stuff is very new out there. the smarty has been tried and proven on the 07, not so much Bullydog yet.
So the smarty works on the 07's? No issues?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by orenlasko
lbasically what im after is possibly something like a smarty and a standalone attitude monitor of sorts. I also really want most of my power to be low end grunt, not high end.
Then Smarty or BDPP & Quad Commander: Both programmers excell in the bottom / mid and have tq mgmt reduction....and the commanders standalone and fully functional
Old 03-08-2007, 07:16 AM

Juice

Yea, i have heard of a more than average amount of people haveing serious problems that were linked the the juice w/attitude, but may be they just get greedy for power.... I had a friend that ruined his injectors and tranny within 3 months on a 04.5, this was with no pulling. I donno how high he had it turned up....
Old 03-08-2007, 08:28 AM

WHile the J/A isn't known for bottom power as was requested in this thread, it is known as an excellent, safe, flexible power adder.....any power adder used without common sense, or at higher levels on a stock truck will cause havoc....some more than others...if your friend fried his injectors i'm assuming he had the Hot Juice (believe it adds pressure)...and was a wild man...he may want to think things thru a tad more next time....
Old 03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by orenlasko
lots of info, but i think i need to be more specific:

ive run the juice with attitude, and while it had great power, im convinced it destroyed two of my under hood sensors with voltage over/underloads...

i did like the gauge cluster thoug from the attitude.

basically what im after is possibly something like a smarty and a standalone attitude monitor of sorts. I also really want most of my power to be low end grunt, not high end.

thanks again, and continue with the recommendations.

oren
Smarty with a Quadzilla Commander

Originally Posted by doznfire
So the smarty works on the 07's? No issues?
The smarty has been availble for the 07 longer....no product is perfect but the Smarty has been on an 07 longer than bullydog and yes theres been a few bullydog issues with 07 so far.

Yea, i have heard of a more than average amount of people haveing serious problems that were linked the the juice w/attitude, but may be they just get greedy for power.... I had a friend that ruined his injectors and tranny within 3 months on a 04.5, this was with no pulling. I donno how high he had it turned up....

what? Edge Juice/Attitude is famous for being safe, friendly power. i've run 2 different Juice modules on my truck with 0 problems. infact i bought another juice/attitude this week.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM

My friend truck wasn't stock, it has an AFE stage 2, straight 5 inch, and a set of stage 1 injectors. Yes he is a wild man (I would never own a truck after him.....)
I have also heard of the BDTD with scarry larry sticking at an extremely high RPM and people having to turn the truck off for it to go away..... I really donno how safe any of the over100HP boxes or programmers are for a truck has anyone put 300,000 in a truck that was heavily chipped (even if it was done "right")
My cousin had a 7.3 powerstroke that still runs at 275,000 and has been chipped 50 its whole life and driven extremely hard. has went through 2 or 3 trannys, but 0 engine problems. I believe it is a predator splice in....
Old 03-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Banned

My friend truck wasn't stock, it has an AFE stage 2, straight 5 inch, and a set of stage 1 injectors. Yes he is a wild man (I would never own a truck after him.....)

well maybe thats why he tore stuff up...

I have also heard of the BDTD with scarry larry sticking at an extremely high RPM and people having to turn the truck off for it to go away.....

i dog the poo out of my truck and have never had such issues...ever.

I really donno how safe any of the over100HP boxes or programmers are for a truck has anyone put 300,000 in a truck that was heavily chipped (even if it was done "right")

My cousin had a 7.3 powerstroke that still runs at 275,000 and has been chipped 50 its whole life and driven extremely hard. has went through 2 or 3 trannys, but 0 engine problems. I believe it is a predator splice in....

Matt Gilmore in MO has a over 300,000 miles on his truck at over 500hp running 13.1's down the track. thats reliable.

powerstrokes are different creatures. we could go on for days talking about my cousins' uncles' powerstroke blah blah blah....this is a dodge site.