3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

OEM Cab light Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool idea I did my lights 2 months ago and have had tons of rain no problems so far.

Thanks again Shane!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any time Troy, Now I just gotta tear my cp3 apart!! I think I might try it this weekend... I know Dodgezilla - "you still haven't done that"
Old 05-22-2007, 10:43 PM

If you have any trouble I'll try to help give me a call (918) 636-9854 You are meticulous enough that you wont have ay trouble.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Banned

Will Do!!!

Thanks Again

Shane
Old 05-25-2007, 11:53 AM

Here is our Mud truck that we are building .. Since we sold our Mega cab we had to add some Dodge to the Chevy.. Total of 15 Dodge lights in smoke! No leaks as of yet .. We use some silicone aound the pads and the holes

Old 05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned

Used the instructions on page 2. I'm a slow ****....6 hours, but it was windy so we had some issues with the template. Then...I had to take a break before drilling and just communicate with the truck to make sure I was drilling in the right place! The truck approved of my marks. LOL!

Lights look great...I went with the smoked lights from Recon....NO PROBLEMS at all.....except:

The OEM wiring harness that came with my light kit was wired wrong!! At some point, one of the junctions under the tape...the positive lead met with the negative! LOL!!

I worked my electrical magic and fixed it....all was well.

TIPS from me on my 07 2500:

Loosen the B-pillar by removing the grab handles and then separating the body connector near the top. Move the belt adjuster all the way down, get some slack in the belt and then SLIDE the B-pillar cover straight down.

This relieved A TON of stress right there where a fulcrum develops as you try to pull down the front of the headliner. Once I did this I had more room than I knew what to do with!!

With PAGE 2 here, and the OEM install sheet....it was a piece of cake. Hardest part....drilling. Most time-consuming....measuring and marking. Remember...measure 25 times...drill once!! LOL!

Tired, gotta shower and have a beer or seven! I'll take pics tomorrow and post. GREAT thread.....needs to be moved to some sort of DIY section IMVHO!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 PM

anyone have an extra template? i have a friend that has some recon smoked cab lights that i would love to get from him but i need a pattern to drill the holes. ill pay for postage and/or the template if need be.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:02 PM

Nope I trashed mine did the recons come with one?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by megaboom
anyone have an extra template? i have a friend that has some recon smoked cab lights that i would love to get from him but i need a pattern to drill the holes. ill pay for postage and/or the template if need be.
PM me your address....I managed to save my template in pretty good shape, and it has all the right holes for the Recons. It ain't pristine....but it'll work!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

No....the Recons come with JUST the lights. I bought the OEM kit that came with lights, wiring harness and template. My body guy messed up the OEM lights....so I went with the Recons. OEMs have screws side-to-side....Recons have screws front-to-back (in case anyone wondered).
Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by SCVipermad
No....the Recons come with JUST the lights. I bought the OEM kit that came with lights, wiring harness and template. My body guy messed up the OEM lights....so I went with the Recons. OEMs have screws side-to-side....Recons have screws front-to-back (in case anyone wondered).
You can get either hole configiration from Recon though, fyi. Just in case anyone is worrying about drilling the holes for the Mopar kit, since its side/side instead of the front/back that comes on the trucks from the factory. Kind of weird the light kit you get from mopar is not the factory 03+ lights, but the 99-02 lights...

If you have the side holes, order the 99-02 lights...
Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

Thats GOOD INFO Stacked! For those who have lights already they can avoid adding more holes! Good job!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

Thats GOOD INFO Stacked! For those who have lights already they can avoid adding more holes! Good job!!!
Well WHere is the pic's????? Come on fellas..

I am getting recon's smoked too!!!

Shane
Old 05-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

Sorry Shane......I didn't get started till well after 2pm, and it took me a bit longer than planned. Then it was getting dark, had to wash up.

I'm going to run my template to the mail place by me in the AM, cut and lay some tile......then I'll take pics.

YOUR write-up was priceless!!

I learned quite a bit (things I figured I knew)....like TEST everything BEFORE you button up the headliner! I started to put everything together, then figured I would touch the hot lead to the + post to check out my work. 2 lights didn't work! Had to fiddle with the connections (I just did a crap job of connecting them the first time).
Old 05-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Banned

Sorry Shane......I didn't get started till well after 2pm, and it took me a bit longer than planned. Then it was getting dark, had to wash up.

I'm going to run my template to the mail place by me in the AM, cut and lay some tile......then I'll take pics.

YOUR write-up was priceless!!

I learned quite a bit (things I figured I knew)....like TEST everything BEFORE you button up the headliner! I started to put everything together, then figured I would touch the hot lead to the + post to check out my work. 2 lights didn't work! Had to fiddle with the connections (I just did a crap job of connecting them the first time).

Yeah I learned a lot too.. I now have an electrical kit!!! And a tester Thanks for the compliments

Shane

Quick Reply: OEM Cab light Install