3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No more black smoke since....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more black smoke since....

I put on the Quad boost fooler and possibly my RP-100. My truck would puff some black stuff when it was cold and now nothing. Not sure which one caused the smoke to go away because I put both the fooler and the pump on at the same time? I'm quessing the fooler because its putting more air in the motor.....right?
Old 05-10-2008, 01:57 PM

Weird.

We got the darn near same setup truck wise, and when I ran the Bully Dog Tripple Dog it would smoke like a sive, even on the lower tow setting.

The boost fooler allows you to obtain a higher boost level, it also keeps the overboost CEL off. From a dead stop it dosn't realy do anythig. Are you seeing alot of smoke when you first take off under heavy acceleration?

I realy don't think the Raptor will do anything for clearning up smoke. If anything it's going to allow you to draw a steadier fuel flow to burn it(I.E. black smoke).

Just wondering. Do you notice a more pronounced "lag" from a dead stop with the fooler on? I swear my truck won't lag so much from a dead stop when the fooler is off.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Weird.

We got the darn near same setup truck wise, and when I ran the Bully Dog Tripple Dog it would smoke like a sive, even on the lower tow setting.

The boost fooler allows you to obtain a higher boost level, it also keeps the overboost CEL off. From a dead stop it dosn't realy do anythig. Are you seeing alot of smoke when you first take off under heavy acceleration?

I realy don't think the Raptor will do anything for clearning up smoke. If anything it's going to allow you to draw a steadier fuel flow to burn it(I.E. black smoke).

Just wondering. Do you notice a more pronounced "lag" from a dead stop with the fooler on? I swear my truck won't lag so much from a dead stop when the fooler is off.
Really? Even with an 03? My bullydog never smoked at all. Only with the pressure box on would it puff some. I had the same thing happen after I put my airdog on..
Old 05-10-2008, 03:15 PM

Honestly, I could smoke the hell out of the lane next to me. I could smoke with just the BDTD and it seemed about the same when I stacked my Stage ll Dr.P pressure box.

After the turbo lit, it was fine. But if I lugged her down or put her to the wood from a dead stop I would feel bad for the guy behind my exhaust. This is in my California emmisions truck which had a cat/muffler on it.

What Bully Dog box are you two running? The Power Pup or the Tripple Dog? I was running the Tripple with the newest software, maybe that had something to do with it. The box started acting real funny and did some weird things to me so I sold it to pay for tuition for school. Now im back in the market for a new programmer.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Weird.

I have absolutley no smoke what so ever. I have the powerpup that's pretty old! I have noticed that my truck has "lag" from a dead stop since the fooler. I quess I will take the fooler off and adjust my boost elbow and see if if it solves the lack of smoke and lag!