3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New stage 3 floor it cp3

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New stage 3 floor it cp3

so I sent off my injectors to don today for 3 or 3.5s and my cp3 to floor it to get a stage 2 and john mentioned he hopes to have his stage 3 out soon! Says he hopes it should keep up with dual pumps!! Anybody heard of this? Sounded Real reasonable on price 2.

Thanks again bob Wagner
Old 01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I spoke with him about this on Friday. He sounded like he was really close to completion with it. The remaining issue was keeping pressure under control with all the flow. I don't recall what he said the flow was (in litres per minute); but for the listening audience and for reference, his stage 2 flows very close to the same (within 1 or 2%) as the II stage 3 (which is a duramax cp3). So this stage three should be something!
Old 01-15-2008, 02:27 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Oh yeah,

I owe Bob Wagner thanks on this as well
Old 01-15-2008, 03:56 PM

there is actually a stage 4 on the market but its not made by floor it
Old 01-15-2008, 04:12 PM

so its like a grand poobaa from II hum seems like something im going to look into instead of the dual cp3s
Old 01-15-2008, 05:37 PM

I don't know how many different threads I have said it in.

John is the man when it comes to pumps. He is continually doing testing to look for improvements. I have a stage 1 that supports 650hp. That alone should tell everyone where to get their pump.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:04 PM

so does floor it make it a dual kit i am leaning toward that way i tried to get a stage two from them but i could not get ahold of them and i was in a pinch since i was moving so i went with a stage 2 from II and so far so good but im always looking for the next level to run with the twins that are being born in march.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Originally Posted by omaharam
I don't know how many different threads I have said it in.

John is the man when it comes to pumps. He is continually doing testing to look for improvements. I have a stage 1 that supports 650hp. That alone should tell everyone where to get their pump.
This is true. He has his own dyno to test with. He gave me such a detailed explanation of what he was doing, how he was doing it and what improvements made a difference and what did not... (I guess if it didn't it's not an improvement) Dual feed lines for instance... 0 gain. If the pump is not done right it can hurt performance too. His explanation made sense and he said it was backed up by multiple dynos, multiple trucks. I suppose I would have to believe him, because I don't think he would say that if he could sell something extra and make $$.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

I spoke to John the other day and he is getting my pump next week. I am starting out with the Stage 1. He said if I want to upgrade, he will only charge the difference between the stages. I thought that was pretty cool myself. I plan on some bigger sticks in the near future and my DIY CP3 surges so bad I had to buy a new FCA the other day.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by soulezoo
This is true. He has his own dyno to test with. He gave me such a detailed explanation of what he was doing, how he was doing it and what improvements made a difference and what did not... (I guess if it didn't it's not an improvement) Dual feed lines for instance... 0 gain. If the pump is not done right it can hurt performance too. His explanation made sense and he said it was backed up by multiple dynos, multiple trucks. I suppose I would have to believe him, because I don't think he would say that if he could sell something extra and make $$.
Yes, he does dyno testing too, but more importantly before he even gets that far, he does tons of testing on a flow bench to determine if it's even worth putting on the truck to try.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 PM

Does anyone have any issues with any of Johns pumps.... My stage II had some initial surging, he's replaced FCA's 3 times now, and my pump still is having problems reaching max psi. Truck is also has an intermediate idle problems with psi going into the triple digits then up to 3k fluctuating back and forth reaching 8k?? He's taking care of me, buts it's just taking a significant amount of time.... hopefully I'm not messing up anything with such a horrible idle problem. Again, John has excellent customer service... sometimes takes some time to get things worked out, but he'll make it right.
I know he's been having issues with not so honest customers sending him piece of crap pumps in trade.... dishonest people do nothing but hurt honest consumers....
Old 01-15-2008, 08:55 PM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Originally Posted by 82NDSNPR
so does floor it make it a dual kit i am leaning toward that way i tried to get a stage two from them but i could not get ahold of them and i was in a pinch since i was moving so i went with a stage 2 from II and so far so good but im always looking for the next level to run with the twins that are being born in march.
John said his stage 2 pump was good up to flux 3.3-3.5 depending on the programmer/box tunes... those are fairly big stix

I suppose his stage 3 will be able to a much bigger set of stix. I don't know-- guessing maybe up to 200hp stix?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:04 PM

John Is the man . One of the best guys you'll ever meet or deal with.My hats off to this guy. My buddy has a proto of johns sta lll this puppy rocks lays down some awesome #s the tq gain is very impressive. Give him a call tell him Ryan and Corey sent ya
Old 01-15-2008, 10:11 PM

the stage 2 will support flux 3.3s with no cutout. I have no idea what rail pressure stays at because I had a gauge and had issues with it and removed it. I know the pump will support a smarty on 9 and the fluxes because I drive it daily like that alot
Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 AM

I drive all day long with SW9 and FLux 3.3's...but IMHO that is ALL a Stage 2 will support. I am sitting eagerly on the fence waiting for Stage 3 results.

HE will make it hapen!

Quick Reply: New stage 3 floor it cp3