3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: Stack on my 2wd Yes or No
Yes
37.93%
No
51.72%
or wait till everything else is done then do stacks
10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help

Ok I just picked up a set of 6" Miters. i have a stock 2wd. i plan on getting bigger tires and switching out the cheap wheels for the polished and i am going to put a leveling kit on it. also in the future i am going to get a smarty and a new clutch. But i have some friends trying to talk me out of putting the stacks on. So i need some help. i need some input. Should i do it or not and what else you think i should do. the more input the better. Thanks,
Old 07-12-2007, 07:57 AM

As long as the height is good they should look great on the dually!

Id put them dead level with the cab to 1-2" above it, any higher and they look a bit goofy IMO.

Stacks look ok on 2wds

My old truck...(The 5" turnouts seem small to me now)
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if YOU want the stacks, do it. YOU make the decisions about YOUR truck. Besides, they are all just jealous that they don't have em...

I think they would look sweet though...
Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Chapter President

i am going to try and get a pic of them set on there before install to see what it will look like for real. and if i install them it will be simple to remove them and sell them for more than i paid. i am going to remove my bedliner so if i take them back out i can cover the hole. pics should be up in a fem hours. Thanks,
Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 PM

If you ever use your bed, i would hold off on the stacks. If you ever haul, whatever you are hauling gets pretty dirty if it is at the same height the stacks are. If you use automatic car washes (clearance not accounted for), you'll have to cover them. SO, if you aren't bothered by any of the above, I think they look awesome. I would do them on my truck, but i use my bed and don't have the room for them.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

If you want them than do it they are dirty and do take up space but there is no way I woulden't have mine.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Chapter President

i do haul hay every now and again but if i need hay i can use my trailer. and i also haul a goose neck horse trailer but i really don't care if it gets dirty everyhing washes. anyways here are the pics. my wife says that i need to take off the billet. i think it looks good. what do yall think.

Need Help-stacks-1.jpg

Need Help-stacks-2.jpg

Need Help-stacks-3.jpg

i am thinking about cutting them down a little so the tip is level with the top of the cab...
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Banned

i like the idea of stacks, but in reality it is not practical for me i wouldnt be able to stand the drone while towing, i would have a harder time talking sweet to girls on the way home from the bar, harder to clean, and i would have to loose my toolbox where i keep my spare set of bunker gear. worse case is you try them, dont like them and take them off. all youll have is some holes in your bed...not the end of the world but you wouldve figured out if they were what you wanted.

good luck and im sure its going to look good whatever you decide on doing

brett
Old 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Chapter President

yeah i am going to take out the bed linner so i can cover the holes if i don't like it but we will see. i am keeping the system that is on there now so i can just put it back on if i change my mind. also i don't carry my bunker in my truck anymore and if i need to i have a back seat which i didn't have with my last truck.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Chapter President

Ok i need a 9" wide set of wheels anyone have a ideas on brand and deals. the tire guy said that if i keep my stack 8" then i can only run 285's and if i go up to a 9" wide i can run 305's or even 325's which are pushing it. any ideas on brand of AT tire load range E that i can get good mileage on the highway. my buddy got the BFG At and they are not doing so good.... thanks,
Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I voted no. Not because I think they would look bad. I think they would look real good. But that trailer. It is white, for now.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Chapter President

well the front is chrome and my wife is about to go to school so i don't think i will be pulling it for some time. and by then i plan on having my DRW on 22.5. so i can pull with that, but it will have stacks as well. and i am not chipped out yet so the smoke will be low. oh well i am going to put them on and see, if they don't work out i will take them off and sell them to someone on here. Thanks,
Old 07-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boatnik
I voted no. Not because I think they would look bad. I think they would look real good. But that trailer. It is white, for now.
Ya all act like rear exit pipes don't get trailers dirty it is just a different area with stacks.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd give it a definite YES. No doubt about it. And theres a way to keep it the truck from smoking. It's called "returning to stock to pull a trailer, which is probably the smartest thing to do". But I know, some smoke anyways and some want them to.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help-dscf0389.jpg   Need Help-dscf0386.jpg  
Old 07-12-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
i like the idea of stacks, but in reality it is not practical for me i wouldnt be able to stand the drone while towing, i would have a harder time talking sweet to girls on the way home from the bar, harder to clean, and i would have to loose my toolbox where i keep my spare set of bunker gear. worse case is you try them, dont like them and take them off. all youll have is some holes in your bed...not the end of the world but you wouldve figured out if they were what you wanted.

good luck and im sure its going to look good whatever you decide on doing

brett
There's a resonator for the drone, girls dig the pipes(especially the smoke), not that hard to clean, if you clean the top of your truck its right there(just don't get cut), and the toolbox can be relocated and heat-tape applied inside. How do you think them truckers feel cleaning 12' stacks? It all boils down to personal preference, really.

Quick Reply: Need Help