3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Mp-8

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ramble bee
Thanks for the help. I will turn it down till i get railgauge! Do i need to get a rail cap as well? Thank you for the help again!!!!!!!!!!
I would help but I don't know what one is. I assume is helps keep high rail pressure from "bursting" the rail but I have no idea nor do I know if you would need one! Sorry!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:59 PM

NO...no rail cap. Wait till you blow up a relief valve to consider. My secong valve has lasted a long time...since I have had a rail gauge.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much of a difference did the running the MP-8 make while stacking it with the TST (have the R-37 with the Late Twins program)???

The lag of the TST off the bottom is bugging the living daylights out of me, plus it doesn't really smoke all that much (its set on level 5-3 24/7/365)

Had a Ramifier when they 1st came out, way before the TST. Ran it on Level 2, and it puked 3 injectors and a rail valve....along at the same time with the CEL coming on, and come to find out that original lift pump was defunct too. This was at 10K miles, I have over 72K miles now.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:49 PM

A huge difference....

Plug the MP-8 into the Map sensor first...it will lie to the TST and get it to fuel sooner...at lower boost.

It is a must have.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:17 PM
wap

If I get a rail cap it will be to keep in my truck till the relief valve completely lets got, I wont install it till I need it.

I dont care what TS says the mp8 will go to 26,000 and beyond, how far beyond I dont know cause the guage only reads accurately to 27,500 and it will go that high no sweet.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:46 PM

Man i didnt know how much pressure the Mp-8 put out, thats scary I thought wrong! i will call and get it today if i can. Is it a good stack with the BULLYDOG SCARYLARRY or should i just run BDDL by its self? I know you guys are probaly getting tired of this. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:49 PM

Under what conditions should you see highest rail pressure? At WOT under load, or at idle? Also, does the fact that I have Flux 3.3s change when I would see highest psi? I know that they help keep rail pressure down because of how much fuel they use!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM

The MP-8 will complement Scary well...ask Luken! Just watch the setting. No more than 50% on a stock cp3 is a good starting point.

The highest pressure the rail/injects will see (ignoring the spike when you let off the pedal hard...cause that is the big one) is under WOT REDLINE...just before you drain your rail.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
The MP-8 will complement Scary well...ask Luken! Just watch the setting. No more than 50% on a stock cp3 is a good starting point.

The highest pressure the rail/injects will see (ignoring the spike when you let off the pedal hard...cause that is the big one) is under WOT REDLINE...just before you drain your rail.
I can never look to see what it's at because my truck pulls so **** hard at redline in 4th gear (anything lower just spins the tires instantly) that I must try to keep my head upright and not break my neck!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM

Good excuse for a copiliot~
Old 01-04-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Good excuse for a copiliot~
That's what I told Emily.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:24 PM

Called up Dennis at TS and mine is on the way....if UPS doesn't go "UPS", it should be here tomorrow

Dennis is really a cool guy to deal with
Old 01-04-2007, 04:32 PM

i have a smarty and was wantin to stack the ts-mp8 on it would that be a better stack than the smarty/ quadzilla stack???? thanks guys!!
Old 01-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Banned

Like I already said the MP8 is safe and probably lives up to what the people at TS say when its used my its self.

People its once you start double and triple stacking the MP8 is when things get questionable and parts may start to break. I wouldnt run the mp8 on 100% when stacked with crazy larry. Crazy larry is well CRAZY and unless you got the pocketbook id leave the mp8 on 25% and under and thats pushing it.

You guys are asking too much out of these trucks and something bad will happen when you have alot of stock weak parts and then throw 3 different programmers at it all on max settings something is going to break.

I really like my mp8 and it had given be 70 additional dyno proven HP and turns my truck into a rocket ship on the freeway in 6th gear at 75%+ with the Smarty and my large single.

I'm on the fence now as to if I want to step it up and really start to play with fire by getting a TST. If I do that I know I will need to spend alot more $$$ in other upgrades so my truck wont blow up like many many other members have.

These electronic truck are wayyy different then the old mechanical trucks. We have the ability to elecrtonicly blow out trucks up very easily if we dont know what we're doing. We have so many different parameters of engine we can change is very possable to mess something up as oppose to an older truck were all you have to do is add fuel, air, and timing.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:46 PM
wap

When I was talkin to Denis about what to stack the mp8 with his first recomendation was the bullydog so yes that should be a good stack.