3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MBRP Dealers????

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP Dealers????

Can anyone recommend a good MRBP dealer? I am looking for MRBP muffler part #mk96116 which is a direct muffler replacement muffler for the 2005 CTDs. This muffler will fit in place of the factory one so there is no need to cut and add pipes. I just need to find a dealer that has them. This part number came directly from MRBP.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 AM

http://www.dieselperformanceparts.com/
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
You can find them Here as well
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM

Cool beans Larry.......that is what I am looking for. How much louder is this particular muffler? The price is real good also.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
It sounds much better than stock with a deep tone. They are loud outside the truck but not too bad in the cab.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:42 AM

It sounds much better than stock with a deep tone. They are loud outside the truck but not too bad in the cab.
Yeah, what he said. After I put mine on, my wife said that she couldn't even tell the difference inside the cab. I noticed it because I drive it all the time I suppose. Like Top said, it gives it a deeper healthier tone.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Banned

How many people are running their kits? and what do you think of them?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:54 AM

I will be buying the muffler. I can't see wasting the money on a complete system since I already have the 4". I guess if I want to go to 5" then it would be worth it. I like the fact that the #MK96116 is a direct fit. No modifying or hacking........
Old 02-23-2006, 05:52 PM

www.spdiesel.com
Old 02-23-2006, 05:58 PM

I second Mark @ DPP. They sound great. Stock at idle but when you get on it, it is louder than stock. I did have to shorten the rear section of my stock tail pipe several inch's to keep it coming out in the same place. No big deal though.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Banned

Booger,

I have been studying on how you had to cut a couple of inches off on yours, I wonder if Dodge at assembly had the system either pushed forward or backward in all the different slip joints. That could make up as much as 4 inches total length change etc???

Mark @ DPPI
Old 03-02-2006, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Booger
I second Mark @ DPP. They sound great. Stock at idle but when you get on it, it is louder than stock. I did have to shorten the rear section of my stock tail pipe several inch's to keep it coming out in the same place. No big deal though.
I also had to cut 4 inches off the rear section to get it to fit correctly. I ordered mine through DTR on Wednesday, it was here on Tuesday. Installation was more lengthy than I thought, almost three hours. I didn't have a deep socket for the Dodge u-bolts, I think it was 15mm, used a box wrench, ended up cutting off the u-bolts anyway. I used my Dremel to cut the slits in the stock muffler to get it past the dimples, also some time figuring the best way to get the rubber hangers off the brackets, it all starts to add up. Once everything was off, the MBRP slipped right in place, hangers lined up perfectly until I tried the rear section. No go, so I measured and hacksawed off 4 inches, finally everything fit and all was good. So, with proper tools and hindsight knowledge it would have gone quicker, but it's done. I'm towing a trailer from TN to WI next week, I'll see what the difference is then.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Banned

smcphc,

That's so strange, I hear of a few like this but the majority of the go right on and you don't have to cut any extra pipe. I am starting to wonder if DC has two exhaust vendors that are doing things a little differently????

Mark @ DPPI
Old 03-02-2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Craig
smcphc,

That's so strange, I hear of a few like this but the majority of the go right on and you don't have to cut any extra pipe. I am starting to wonder if DC has two exhaust vendors that are doing things a little differently????

Mark @ DPPI
My stock muffler was 38 inches from end of inlet to end of outlet pipes. The MBRP pipe/muffler is 44 inches. I measured the section of pipe I cut and it actually was 5.5 inches (I lined it up and marked it for cutting) The truck is an 04.5, perhaps some came with some weird combination when they added the cat on, maybe they needed to get rid of the remaining 04 mufflers and they fit in some strange way. So, is the correct MBRP and pipe for an 04.5+ supposed to be 38 inches or is my muffler the anomaly?

Scott

Quick Reply: MBRP Dealers????