3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Locker for rear 11.5" axle, ARB locker for front

Old 02-07-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locker for rear 11.5" axle, ARB locker for front

I used the search function but i didnt find any links to a true rear locker, all i found was people complaining about the stock limited slip which is garbage.

Does anyone make a good locker for our 11.5?

and does anyone know where i can get the ARB locker for our front axle for a good price?

thanks!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:10 PM

ARB why not a Eaton E-locker.

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/

Have had good luck buying lockers with them in the past.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by nfsommer
I used the search function but i didnt find any links to a true rear locker, all i found was people complaining about the stock limited slip which is garbage.

Does anyone make a good locker for our 11.5?

and does anyone know where i can get the ARB locker for our front axle for a good price?

thanks!
Now don't quote me, but I think that I have read here that there are no lockers for the AAM 11.5. In pure hearsay, AAM is just getting into the light duty trucks and the aftermarket needs to catch up.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Howling
ARB why not a Eaton E-locker.

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/

Have had good luck buying lockers with them in the past.
I did not see an Eaton for the 11.5.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:17 AM

Wink

Front locker for the 9.25. www.justdifferentials.com $600.00
I have not found anything fot the rear. If you do, let us known.
The Power Wagon has a locker, but it`s not the 11.50...
Old 02-08-2007, 01:34 AM

Definitely go with the E-locker over the Air Locker. I have never heard any good reason to go with the Air over the Electronic.

Hopefully Eaton will make one!...Assuming they don't already.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Banned

No one makes a locker of the 11.5 I spoke with Eaton the other day. They don't have any plan to make one for the axle anytime soon. The 11.5 is too new and not very popular yet so until then Eaton is out.

The only thing you can do to your 11.5 is install a LSD. I just went through this in the last month. I searched high and low.

The only option that might have been available was a trac-rite from DC. It's only made for a 10.5 though so, that is out too.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 AM

Took my Driveline shop almost 2 full days to install the Eaton in the front. NO ROOM for the wire to fit in the housing is it's through the cover.. (now with a drain hole and plug) MASSIVE amounts of grinding and some mods of existing internal parts to get it in as there is very little room.

No locking on the fly with the eaton as the engagement pins can shear. (per the directions) Engage at under 3 MPH w/o any wheel spin.

I like it... The stock Track-Rite is excellent EXCEPT in near zero traction (ice, off ground, etc) I actually think this combination is better than 2 real lockers.

With the weight distribution in the CTD you have most of the need covered by the front anyway.

EVERY time I have been stuck it's due to the front wheel spinning w/o any traction and a "hole in one" with a front wheel in a dip and both rears spinning are not enough to "lift" the front out. A front locker would have worked 100% of the time for me.

I do not do any serious off road/rock crawling where a true rear locker would be needed along with the front locked.

Having the Track-Rite in the rear and the E-Locker in the front for me is the best set up.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:45 AM

well i have a new axle housing laying on my floor here so id have no problem grinding it out, anyone recommend a place to get the eaton e-locker for under $650

Thanks everyone
Old 02-08-2007, 10:02 AM

well i have a new axle housing laying on my floor here so id have no problem grinding it out, anyone recommend a place to get the eaton e-locker for under $650

Thanks everyone
Got Mine from Randy's Ring and Pinion last year for somewhere in the 600's. I thinks 650.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by JohnInNH
Took my Driveline shop almost 2 full days to install the Eaton in the front. NO ROOM for the wire to fit in the housing is it's through the cover.. (now with a drain hole and plug) MASSIVE amounts of grinding and some mods of existing internal parts to get it in as there is very little room.

No locking on the fly with the eaton as the engagement pins can shear. (per the directions) Engage at under 3 MPH w/o any wheel spin.

I like it... The stock Track-Rite is excellent EXCEPT in near zero traction (ice, off ground, etc) I actually think this combination is better than 2 real lockers.

With the weight distribution in the CTD you have most of the need covered by the front anyway.

EVERY time I have been stuck it's due to the front wheel spinning w/o any traction and a "hole in one" with a front wheel in a dip and both rears spinning are not enough to "lift" the front out. A front locker would have worked 100% of the time for me.

I do not do any serious off road/rock crawling where a true rear locker would be needed along with the front locked.

Having the Track-Rite in the rear and the E-Locker in the front for me is the best set up.
On the wire and plug - I would reccomend a sealant called the "Right Stuff". (If you ever have a problem with leaking) Get it at Napa. It is a silicone type sealant especially for oils. I was having a problem with oil leakage around the plug that we put in the diff. cover. We had used a red type silicone but it kept leaking. Used the Right Stuff and never had a problem since.

How close did your grinding come to going completely through the housing? IF you didnt come through I would say it is paper thin. Be careful if you are ever around rocks or stumps. Mine came through and we built it back up on the outside. 12,000 miles, 20+ sled pulls and some hefty offroading and no problems yet
Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM

How about a Dynatrac 80 with 40 spline chromos and locker of your choice? The word strength and the word money come to mind.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM

Big deal, If i wanted to do somethin like that id go with 5 ton rockwells..
Old 02-08-2007, 08:17 PM

You guys are goin the wrong way. After seein all those stinkin Toyota adds in the truck and off-road mags for the last 6 months (that wont allow you to look at any other page), I have decided the Hype is working. You could use a locked up Toyota read end for like 200 smackers AND it would shave a few pounds.

I better turn the Smarty down to 0. Is there a nagative setting?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:22 PM

Big deal, If i wanted to do somethin like that id go with 5 ton rockwells..
If you plan on running a minimum of 10" of lift then go ahead. The 80 would bolt right up.

Was just foolin anyhow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Locker for rear 11.5" axle, ARB locker for front