3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Like to hear from Banks sixgun-IQ owners 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks folks, doing more research on subject right now. Jordan, forgive my ignorance but I'm curious what is DDP 50s?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 PM

DDP 50s....Dynomite Diesel Performance 50 hp injector nozzles/tips. It replaces the stock tips, not the whole injector...have tons of dif hp sizes. Good thing is they're mechanical and not an electronic item, bad thing is..they're mechanical and can't turn up or down, like a programmer lol. Ohh well, ill put a smarty with them soon. I've been very very pleased with my setup. Daily drives great, puts everyone in their seats, and pulls real hard.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla

The last option is to wait a little long and grab an iPhone or iTouch. The first system I listed will be available with the iPod/iTouch as a controller instead of the purpose built display you see on our website.

This gives you all the fancy features of the apple product plus all the function of our product!
Quad, I don't mean to offend, but why would you do this? While I'm clearly biased because I hate Apple, but it seems like a copy of Banks Palm idea that they've already abandoned. They're iQ is a great product other than you can't use it as a stand alone monitor. Which seriously hurts they're market. The iPhone/touch is a small screen. Also, considering the costs of iphone/touch's, it seems like you'd better off starting from scratch really. No?

Any plans to port it to Windows Mobile?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 PM

Quad, I don't mean to offend, but why would you do this? While I'm clearly biased because I hate Apple, but it seems like a copy of Banks Palm idea that they've already abandoned. They're iQ is a great product other than you can't use it as a stand alone monitor. Which seriously hurts they're market. The iPhone/touch is a small screen. Also, considering the costs of iphone/touch's, it seems like you'd better off starting from scratch really. No?

Any plans to port it to Windows Mobile?
Actually whether or not you like Apple or not does not matter in this case.

Here are the reasons we went this direction:

Cost (its cheap for such a nice piece, $199 or less in many cases)
Reliable, they sell them by the millions and very few have issues.
Easy to update and software is easy to handle on it.
Fantastic graphics and plenty of built in memory.
Tons of mounts and covers and accessories that are dirt cheap.
Touch Screen that works phenominal.
TOns of built in extras if you want to use them.

You say the screen is small but, other than the IQ its as big or bigger than anything else thats a real option.

Its wireless so when you get out of the truck take it with you so that your truck does not get broken into as it is not left in the window in plain view where thieves think its a GPS.

The whole kit will be available to be bought for less than $1000 total, brand new and that includes the Itouch/phone. That is several hundred to $500 or $600 less than the banks set up.

And whether or not you like apple they have a nice small compact package, that is priced well and is super sexy. So if you bought one to ONLY use in your truck you are still WAY ahead compared to ANY other solution.

Before you judge wait til you start seeing the screen shots and the things you can do.

So tell me, when we release this, who will have the most reliable monitor in the market? Me (Apple), Banks (self built), Edge (self built) or one of the other junky little monitors out there? Of course the Apple will be head and shoulders above them all.

So I ask you, why not? What could possibly be better that has a better support system all the way around it?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:36 PM

Quad, when will the information on this new product be available for public viewing?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:01 PM

Alright...you made a good case. I'm excited to see it. Bring on the new gizmo!

Wish I could have it for my Window's Mobile device though. LOL.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let me throw in my vote for the Smarty jr.

They say any programmer can be detected, but as I understand it, they would have to detect the changes the Smarty made, like increased fuel flow, more turbo pressure, I don't know what else, but I have NEVER heard of someone saying their Smarty was detected.

My mileage goes up with the Smarty. I can and have turned it off and on at different levels on long boring trips and can measure increased mileage. Up to 2mpg. Of course this is quickly negated when I step on the go pedal to tow tons of weight up Duramax crushing hills.

You wouldn't need gauges, the Smarty jr has improved my EGT's. I have Quad's Commander to keep track of things, and I love my Commander.

I can load and unload my jr. I can load it on your truck. Change your tire settings, clear codes. It's sweet!