3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

lift pump question?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lift pump question?

Keep this in mind while I brain storm, I want to get a new lift pump for my 08.

My 04 has a Fass 150 lift pump with no filters on it just the pump with a draw straw and it is plumbed to the factory filter housing. I want to get the most power out of this ol truck is the factory filter set up restricting any hp from me? Should I bypass this and plumb straight to the cp3. If that is the case should I get a Fass 220 with filters and plumb straight to the cp3. Or keep the Fass 150 and get a good inline (if so what are some good ones) and what about the Fuel heater in the factory filter housing.

If a new pump is recomended on the 04 then I could take the Fass 150 and put on my 08 add a draw straw and plumb it to the Factory filter housing. (the pump is 7yrs old when I bought the pump it had a life time warenty but now they have done away with that I am not sure age maters with these or not)? Also I am thinking I may want to do away with the factory filter and plumb straight to the cp3 and get a pump with the filters on it like a Fass 150 and add a draw straw and add the fuel heater to the pump they offer for fuel gel.

Kind of a lot of ranting there but I was just throwing out some options there that I have and mabey some one could show me the light!!

Thanks,

Justin
Old 02-19-2013, 08:08 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Running the 150 through the factory canister is a restriction. Now, whether or not it's causing a loss of HP, I can't say for sure. If you were trying, hypothetically speaking, to break 600-700 HP, then, yes that route would not work. You would be ahead of the game to run the spin-on filters in conjunction with the canister filter for the utmost filtration.

Now, will the 150 you currently have work on your '08.....maybe, maybe not. The wiring may be totally different, again, I don't know. I do believe the 220 would be overkill unless you have major plans for this new truck. As far as filters go, you have several choices to choose from.....Fleetgard, Baldwin, Cat, etc. I use the Cat 1R-07151 on my AD150 with the higher end Fleetgard water separator....can't remember the part number. Hope this helps you out a little.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 AM

I have the Air dog II F100 system. If for nothing else, even staying with the FASS, I would def. go with the spin on filters. The filters have a finer micron filtration, and on mine has an air/water seperator also. Better in the long run. Then, using the filter system that comes with the Air dog/ FASS system, it plumbs straight to the CP3 from there, and most of these combo systems are designed for better pressure/ performance applications.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I ran a Fass 150 on my 750 HP Dually, that was with 37"s if you use the tire correction only I was over 800. I ran it through my stock canister and FP was never an issue. NEVER remove filtration, only add.